Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Indianapolis Events!! 1/28, 3/24, 4/21, 5/26

Are you going to go with enforced adjacency, place anywhere, or the "rule of within two" for friendly units?

Last edited by Deroche; February 17th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And one more factor:

While playing around with a potential army, I couldn't come up with an exact 300 point split (I could get to 295, or go over 300).

Would it be more precise to say at least 300 points must appear in the start zone? If so, then one could put their entire army in the start zone if they wished, but they'd give up a huge advantage by letting their opponent dominate the rest of the map.

So, just trying to clarify the language.

Old February 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Great point Deroche. I'm going to say at least 300 in the start zone to a maximum of 350, that gives some wiggle room and makes sure you don't put your whole team in the starting zone. I'd like players to come out a little and challenge themselves to not stay safe at home.
I think for placement, we'll go ahead and say squads must be all adjacent to each other. no figs on glyphs or next to opponents. This means you'd be able to place figs next to your own as well and I think will make Schulzy happy.
to recap:

1. 600 points, same general, no custom

2. 300-350 must be in start zone and should be placed before rolling for placement.

3. Players roll to determine who places first, other play chooses starting area. players take turns placing a cards worth of units on the field. They can place next to each other, but not on a glyph or next to opponents.

I'm just sayin.
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
What A Daseline

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

In the past, when rolling to see who placed first, this was based on who won the die roll and in turn they chose to place either first or second. Reason being because whoever placed second automatically went first in terms of initiative for the first round.

Make sense?

(I don't think I have ability to write something simply; God Forbid I not try to over explain everything).

Old February 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I really like the idea of bigger armies because its rare. I also think HoB is a faster game than a normal 500point game starting is start zones (i found it to be FAR faster but could depend on units...rats vs goblins....yawn)

I like the adjacent rule, or the within 2 rule, I also like the at least 300 in start zone rule. That forces much more interesting army selections in my opinion. I am excited.

Last edited by weebaer; February 20th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Looks like we've got a rough consensus then. Time to start testing. Are you going to post your maps?
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

My request to borrow any and all Zombies of Morindan that I can still stands, as does an offer to lend out any units people may need for the day.

Current zombie count:

Old February 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
What A Daseline

If no one else has zombies, I can bring some squads with me.

Old March 4th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I'm considering going to this tournament right now, but the army that I was thinking about playing involves high cost figures, and it's literally impossible to come up with a combination of them that makes for a value in between 300 and 350. The closest I can get is 360, would it be fine if I put that many points in the starting zone?
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:35 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

If you can't possible make it fit, I don't think anyone's going to be upset at 60 points. There has to be no other way though. Hope you can make it!

I'm just sayin.
Old March 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Alright, good to know. I actually just came up with a different build that worked a bit better and I could fit the proper points in the start zone. My dad and I will both be coming to the 3/24 event.
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:51 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Lawyerly question: does "anywhere on the board" include your opponents' start zone?

I'm assuming not, since that would defeat the point of start zones, but I've learned that assuming is not always a good idea.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events