Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: UnOrthodox Map Contest FINAL POLL!
Edfjall 0 0%
Dredgewood Forest 3 18.75%
Subduction 7 43.75%
Bayou Bend 4 25.00%
Executioner 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 21st, 2023, 09:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
UnOrthodox Map Contest FINAL POLL!

Here is Poll #1 of 2 for the UnOrthodox Map Contest!

Similar situation as to the BoV Redux Contest, 2 maps got the same number of votes where everything else was no where close, so I moved both to the Finals.

You may only vote for 1 map.

In the Spoiler Tag will be IRL photos of each of the maps.

Eldfjall
Requirements: 1x RotV, 1xTT, 1x VW

Spoiler Alert!

Dredgewood Forest
Sets: RotV, RttFF X2

Spoiler Alert!

Subduction
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 VW, and 1 FotA (+1 extra flag because you're not even doing anything with it)

Spoiler Alert!

Bayou Bend
Requirements: 1x SotM, 1xRttFF, 1x TJ

Spoiler Alert!

Executioner
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 22nd, 2023, 03:09 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: UnOrthodox Map Contest FINAL POLL!

My criteria on who to vote for here was a bit different from my decision in the BoV Redux contest. Due to the nature of the contest, I felt it more apt to choose the map that was both a blend of potential competitive viability and something that embodied unorthodoxy. This was also a tough vote, but there was one map that stood out to me that took to that risk posed in the contest AND seemed to be a map i would be happy to play in tournament. Great job you all, and thank you Megasilver for hosting these two contests!
Old October 23rd, 2023, 05:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Some quick thoughts here:

Eldfjall:
This looks pretty sweet, I like the kind-equivalent approach to height, and I think having much of the height be lava field smooths over any differences in ease of approach. Nearly voted for this in the first round, glad to see it submitted and advancing.

Dredgewood Forest:
I also quite like the look of this map. My first two concerns are whether the single hex height in the SZ is beneficial or not (see Common Ground) and whether the 3-hex on level 4 is too easy to get going left compared to right. But overall this is solid and I'd totally play on it. I did not vote for it because it felt very "Orthodox" and I was trying to stay towards more unique builds in voting.

Subduction:
To me this is pretty clearly the most ambitious and successful map in the contest. I think (as with Eldfjall) that lava helps height asymmetries be less problematic, but I also just find the interaction of height, lava, and road to be very well done here. Hope to try this soon.

Bayou Bend:
This is also a cool map. I do think that action would tend to stay on and below the road, especially because the road has height over all the level 0/1 on the bottom half of the map. Overall a neat concept, but I do wonder if it could be shortened or the start zones could be pushed further up and around the outside edges. Maybe even just SZ road? idk. This got one of my votes round 1.

Executioner:
This map just has less interesting stuff to work with than some of the other maps in the contest but it fell in the number 2 spot for me here. Looks pretty balanced and it's nice to see all the glaciers used without resorting to the 4 mirroring the 3/1.
Old October 24th, 2023, 09:05 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Congrats to @Ulysses and Subduction!

Subduction looks quite fun! The use of terrain colors, odds & ends makes it look like a Dignan map. Hopefully gameplay backs it up!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games