Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Pewter base removal

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to go about removing a pewter (at least that's what I think it is...) base from a figurine?
Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
With Pewter being made of Tin as the main component and usually lead, it should be a fairly soft metal. Try a Dremel and cut into the base then cut the rest from under the figures feet or what ever the figure may have that is attached to the base.

Hope I explained that well enough.
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM

QBakies has disabled reputation
I have never seen a base made of pewter that I can remember. Typically the bases are plastic and the pewter mini has a base stand on the bottom of the mini that fits into the base slot.

Either way insomnimaniac is correct that the pewter is fairly soft and malleable. If you apply a bit of heat to it you can easily cut through it with a razor knife or a stiff exacto blade. Even if you don't heat it you can cut through it with a razor knife. A dremel is another way to go if you have it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards