Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 18th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Heroscape: Putting the magic back into Xmas?

Well, I don't know about you lot, but I imagine a fair amount of "grown ups" end up enjoying christmas time more for the family & friends (and good eatin'), and the looks on the kids faces when they get the latest robowhatsit. Anyway, this year I'm getting a whole bunch of HS goodies - I mean, I know what im getting (Wave 6, extra zombies, extra kyrie and archers, Knights and Swog, Minutemen and Wolves, Aubriens and Gladiatrons, Ashra and Roborats); but I'm actually excited about it.

I havent been excited about xmas prezzies since I wore spiderman pyjama's to bed (the set when I was 8 or 9, not my secret-worn-when-I-was-21 set), and I am incredibly tempted to go snoop around to find my HS stuff.

Has Heroscape awakened the inner child in anyone else, especially in relation to Christmas?

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape: Putting the magic back into Xmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Well, I don't know about you lot, but I imagine a fair amount of "grown ups" end up enjoying christmas time more for the family & friends (and good eatin'), and the looks on the kids faces when they get the latest robowhatsit. Anyway, this year I'm getting a whole bunch of HS goodies - I mean, I know what im getting (Wave 6, extra zombies, extra kyrie and archers, Knights and Swog, Minutemen and Wolves, Aubriens and Gladiatrons, Ashra and Roborats); but I'm actually excited about it.

I havent been excited about xmas prezzies since I wore spiderman pyjama's to bed (the set when I was 8 or 9, not my secret-worn-when-I-was-21 set), and I am incredibly tempted to go snoop around to find my HS stuff.

Has Heroscape awakened the inner child in anyone else, especially in relation to Christmas?
Has it ever. My dear sweet wife keeps hinting at a HS Christmas for me...she won't tell me what or confirm anything, but she has also ordered me not to purchase any HS until after the 25th
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:23 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Do you seriiously expect me to wait for Christmas? Then spend half of Christmas Day with scissors in one hand, razor-sharp plastic in the other? No way, pal. My Wave 6 arrived, got attacked with the scissors, and is now in my figure cases ready for use. I *might* get to play some on Christmas Day, but I doubt it - but it's al up there, ready.

No, I'm getting Battlelore for Christmas. Since fetching it from the shops, I've only peeked at it twice

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old December 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM

The_Finder has disabled reputation
My girl tried to make me wait, but I just grabbed the expansion pack and went to town with it. Now she is yelling at me, saying that I already opened all of my Christmas gifts and the only things left were sweaters and socks!

But I still think I have an extra set of Knights, and Romans under the tree..
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
I listed everything I dont have and what I want multiples out to my mom and dad (im just 13). I saw a housemouse order confermation for wave 6 . I was so excited! It was a preorder too.

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon

Well with each new wave, exclusive, whatever, it's like Christmas year-round. I freakin' love this game. I had the Wave 6 figures out on the board last night.
They look real, real good and Einar's forces are looking sharp.
Where else could I find a simplistic miniatures battle game with such high quality figures?!?
I'm on the lookout for Wave 6 commons in stores. If I find any, they're instant Christmas gifts to myself.

Merry Christmas to you, Euryon - sounds like it's going to be a great one.
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Well with each new wave, exclusive, whatever, it's like Christmas year-round.
I'm with Hex here. The anticipation of new releases and news of upcoming sets always has me excited like Christmas morning back in the day. I can't say the game has awoken an 'inner child', as my 'inner child' has been wide awake since, well, childhood! However, this is the first time in a LONG time that I've been excited about something that could be considered a 'toy'. Yes, I keep up to date as possible on new toys and games that come, love video games and all that high tech game gadgetry, and froth when I know images are going to be posted from such events as Toy Fair, GenCon, or ComicCon.

But for the most part, I look at all those items from a distance. I'm not much of a collector anymore, and anytime I get the urge, I remember just how much money I used to drop on comic books, movie posters, and RPG's back in the day. Where I am in life right now, I just can't afford to splurge like that. Nor do I want to at this point.

However, Heroscape allows me all the excitement and splurging that I need. Even my wife enjoys my excitement about the game, and rarely tires of me raving about news and pictures of new items I saw on 'Scapers or elsewhere when such is released.

And the true icing on the cake? This community, and the many folks who feel the same way about this game as I do.

So yeah, Merry Christmas, Euryon. And I say you go out and buy a set of Spiderman pajamas just so the upcoming Christmas morning is complete!!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:25 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
Yeah its all cool with me if i know what im getting for christmas and my grandma just lets me order everything i want online and i send it to her house. the expantions are all preaty old because i like the older ones better.

I bought

two Snow
two Lava
and one MS.

You see i dont have buttloads of money so i cant get everything i want before
christmas and my birthday so i dont have much.

I have
3 wave 2 packs
all wave 2
1 MS duh!
Orms return
2 rttff
and 2 wave 3 packs
1 castle

I dont have any of wave 4/5/6 because I prefer to save up until i have at least 1 of each Landscaping packs. :P

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Well, I'm 14, but I'm not allowed to buy any Heroscape because I "might get some for Christmas".
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I don't get HS for Christmas. My wife once considered buying me some for my birthday, and went through the shelf with my son.

"Does Daddy have this one?"
"Yes."
"How about this one?"
"He has three of those!"

And so on until she got so frustrated, she decided not to try anymore...
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I just got my HS Christmas about 23 minutes ago when the UPS truck dropped off my order from HouseMouse. I got 2 wave 6 and more of older figs that I needed (okay, I just wanted them).

Since I ordered it myself, I knew it was coming, though it wasn't expected until tomorrow.

Today my wife and I took the day off work to take the kids to the mall to see Santa, buy new fish, look at furniture etc. She's been hinting that she wanted a diamond bracelet this year for Christmas and we stopped at a jewelry store to look. I picked up a emerald and diamond bracelet for her last week on my way home from work but played along today to let her show me what she liked. Then she said, "If I see something I like, I guess you might as well get it for me while we're here."

I was like, aaaaah, well...., maybe we shouldn't go in there then. She figured out that I had already bought one for her and agreed that we shouldn't wast our time at the store today.

We got home and I acted like I forgot about the bracelet. She didn't. She said, "So what about the bracelet?"

I said, "Now that you know, you still have to wait for Christmas."

Then she pulled out the trump card, "Well then you will have to wait until Christmas to get the HS stuff you ordered."

She had me and she knew it. I couldn't even pretend to bluff. Thus she got the bracelt today, which she loved and I just got to rip open the big box from HouseMouse.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

I love Christmas

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
The fun part is I get to buy it for my son as his Christmas present and then my wife can still get me something else I need/want. :evil laugh:

My son is getting Wave 6, an extra Tundra, and an extra castle -- actually one of those will be part of his birthday which is Dec 29th. Since Wave 6 just arrived from HouseMouse, the hard part is going to be waiting a week before he opens them.

Having a son is great -- he gives me an excuse to keep playing with toys (like I really need one).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion