Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Colorado NHSD 2009 - the Rocky Mountain Rumble, 10/17

The Rocky Mountain Rumble

Date: Saturday, October 17th

Time: 10 AM to 2:30 PM

Format: 520 point, 24 hex armies, Marvel allowed. Rolling Rumble scheduling. Please bring your own dice, wound markers, and order markers, if possible.

Entry fee: none

Maps: see separate thread for discussion. Three maps are designated as using "Heat of Battle" rules; all other maps will use standard kill-'em-all rules.

Maps accepted for standard (not Heat of Battle) play:
  1. Highways and Dieways, Swarm Edition, by UranusPChicago (mod by R˙chean):
    Spoiler Alert!
  2. Can't See the Jungle, by Dignan:
    Spoiler Alert!
  3. Common Ground, by Gamebear:
    Spoiler Alert!
  4. Swamp Helix 7.3, by dok:
    Spoiler Alert!
  5. Fulcrum, by Dignan:
    Spoiler Alert!
  6. Mayan Ruins, by R˙chean:
    Spoiler Alert!
  7. Katsuno Land, by Longheroscaper:
    Spoiler Alert!
  8. Forsaken Swamp, by R˙chean:
    Spoiler Alert!
Maps accepted for Heat of Battle play:
  1. Hot Border, by Longheroscaper:
    Spoiler Alert!
  2. Rumble Bowl, by lafleurhero:
    Spoiler Alert!
  3. Halfway up the Downs 2.3, by Ollie and dok:
    Spoiler Alert!
List of committed/very likely players:
  1. dok
  2. Elginb
  3. GeneralRolando
  4. lafleurhero
  5. Stryker
  6. someguy
  7. lafleurhero's friend Spider
  8. GeneralRolando's friend Seth
  9. Cyberclaw16
  10. Elginb's friend EricF
  11. kpucblek
  12. kpucblek's son
  13. lafleurhero's friend Bubbles
  14. lafleurhero's friend Leeum

Other possible players:
  1. dok's friend Chad
  2. lafleurhero's friend Spider's husband
  3. lafleurhero's friend Spider's daughter
  4. Elginb's friend Troy

Last edited by dok; October 15th, 2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: more people
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:48 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Colorado NHSD

I am very interested... BUT im only 16 soon 17, I have school, Sundays usually wont work for me and long distances my parents wont drive me. Saturdays would be better and not more than a half hour drive or so, and thats if I can talk my parents into it. Until then ill just have to wait for my own car and a license.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tried to get one last year but everyone either wanted to go to Arazona or Ohio. I was planning to go to Ohio myself this year, but if we could do one in Northern Colorado I'd go there, then I could miss just 1 day of work instead of two and save a bunch of money. No need for a hotel or nearly as much driving. I would want probably Westmeinster or somewhere else north of Central Denver. If it's in Centenial or further south I might just opt to go to Ohio anyway. Also I can set up probably 5 or 6 maps myself. Probably that would be all that would be needed. Or if it is left to me completly I can pretty much run the event myself, but then it would have to be in Ft Collins or Greeley. In that case I would set up a 4 player map with all different terrain types for the official event and just a few small maps for casual games.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM

someguy has disabled reputation

I'm in, interested, and eager. I'm in southeast Denver but I can get around.

I'm also interested in a regular game -- once a week, once a month, whatever, I'd just enjoy having a set date to plan around and anticipate.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I really like the idea. Havn't had a HS party in awhile. I can also get bout three more players for us. I live in Castle Rock and can get to Colorado Springs, Denver, Parker, and probably further. I could even get to some mountain towns. Anyway, I would prefer Denver because it has good places and stuff. I know a good game store that I go to all the time in Parker. I would have to call and tell them about it but it will work. Any takers for these locations?

-GR-

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Sundays usually wont work for me and long distances my parents wont drive me. Saturdays would be better and not more than a half hour drive or so
Saturday would actually be better for me, too, but unless that's narly unanimous, I'd just as soon stick with the listed NHSD date.

GeneralRolando, Parker works fine for me, but given that we've got plenty of north-of-Denver folks, something a little farther north might be better.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:03 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

other than NHSD weekends are still as bad as always for me. It's still Wednsdays and Thursdays for me. But lets just focus on NHSD for now. Looks like there is enough intrest to do it. There are three others that would likely attend if it were in Denver that probably wouldn't make it to events further away. The problem for me right now is that I'm planning on moving within the next few months. I don't know where too yet, I might stay in Cheyenne or I could move to Idaho or Montana. I may be spending a month or two on the East coast. Until I know for sure what I'm going to do I can't dedicate to anything for sure. Hopefully I have a final descision by mid September.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Sundays usually wont work for me and long distances my parents wont drive me. Saturdays would be better and not more than a half hour drive or so
Saturday would actually be better for me, too, but unless that's narly unanimous, I'd just as soon stick with the listed NHSD date.

GeneralRolando, Parker works fine for me, but given that we've got plenty of north-of-Denver folks, something a little farther north might be better.
I'm fine with something farther north just I don't know any places. Give me a PM if I need to call the store. September 15th right? or am I mistaken?

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
I'll just pop in for a minute: NHSD is always the third Saturday in October, so that is the 17th this year. No need to force yourselves to do it on Sunday.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Sign me up!

As always, it's better for me the closer to Boulder we go, but since it's a special event, maybe I could just rent a car (or bite the bullet and get mine fixed). There are a couple people I know who play Heroscape but don't post on the boards-- I'll try to convince them to come, too. Saturdays and Sundays are both usually good days for me, given enough warning.

Also, maybe we could try scheduling monthly events-- weekly would be too much for me, but if we scheduled a few weeks in advance, it would give me time to work out my transportation issues (again, assuming we don't meet close to Boulder). Anyway, maybe we can talk about that come NHSD.

Unless somebody wants to come to Boulder to practice ahead of time?

P.S. - if we can't get a venue free, I might be able to get a discounted rate at the Senior Activity Center I work at. They have special events all the time during off-hours, and lots of nice multi-purpose tables we could use...
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM

I think Boulder would probably be an ideal place, could even come up with a catchy name for it. I also know one other heroscape player that lives in Boulder who also doesn't have reliable transportation but would probably love to join. In fact it would actually be a family of 3 people, husband, wife, and Daughter. Maybe they even have some ideas on a place where. Anyway, I think Boulder is the ideal place
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM

Classicsmiley is surprisingly tart

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm going to be out of town that weekend.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day