Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 14th, 2014, 09:16 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cincinnati “TBA” Tournament Sat. 5/10/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
Maybe bring 700 point pools? 600 point pools drafting 500 point armies seems pretty restrictive, even with the extras from the boards.
Agreed-- let's make it between 700-750.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old April 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Perhaps maybe not going with the general restrictment given the high probability that players will only draft single-general armies since both pools are likely to be very themed.

… Just a thought; who'd draft a Marro-Ashigaru hybrid army when they could just have a Marro or Ashigaru army (Su-Bak-Na and Kato don't work as well together as you'd think)

Well, that's just my opinion.
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:57 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Perhaps maybe not going with the general restrictment given the high probability that players will only draft single-general armies since both pools are likely to be very themed.

… Just a thought; who'd draft a Marro-Ashigaru hybrid army when they could just have a Marro or Ashigaru army (Su-Bak-Na and Kato don't work as well together as you'd think)

Well, that's just my opinion.
A valid point. Does anyone else have an opinion? Of course, counter-drafting from your opponent's themed army would mess up any synergies they might try, but that still opens up the question of what value there is to bringing single-general armies. We don't have to do it that way. Thoughts?

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
Old April 19th, 2014, 05:27 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Draft
Single general draft pools
Extra units based on the map
Weather

This format has quite a few extra rules, and I think it is one too many. I would drop one of them.

Also, my little brother has concerns about the weather conditions; last time he killed his opponents Cyprien from range, then afterwards remembered that he would not actually have been able to due to fog, and Cyprien came back to life. Maybe make some kind of ruling for what happens if weather conditions are forgotten about/misplayed?
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:25 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Its usually best to use the you snooze you lose rule, or so I've found. If the error can be caught before any notable changes have bern made its one thing, moving to another round is another.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 19th, 2014, 07:15 PM

Okay... FORMAT POLL TIME!!! It will be open until 4/27 (I think). Let your voice be heard... because I don't feel like deciding anything!

Uh-oh! Poll is currently tied! Aaa! Someone else vote so I don't have to make a decision!

Last edited by Johnnylama; April 24th, 2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old April 28th, 2014, 12:37 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote no weather, if it's not too late -__-
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:37 AM

OKAY...here we go...

We're going to do the general draft, bring 700-750 points for the pool. Feel free to counter-draft the crud out of your opponent if they try to do an overly-themed army.

As for the weather... I think I'll make it an OPTIONAL factor that can be added to individual games if and ONLY if BOTH players in each game want to do it. If one doesn't want to, no weather. I'll bring the cards for the weather and make them available.

FIN.

Old April 28th, 2014, 12:01 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds great.
Can't wait!

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old April 28th, 2014, 02:24 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

So let it be written, so let it be done.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:54 PM

Okay--sounds good! Can't wait!
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:29 PM

Less than a week to go!!!

If anyone's plans have changed/ solidified, please let me know so I can have a good idea of attendance.

I'm planning on bringing all of my figs, so if you need anything, let me know (PM), and I'll set them aside for you.

As usual, I will most certainly need help building out boards. I'm pretty darn slow.

Any questions or issues?! Let me know!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events