Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Peoria NHSD 2012: Draft

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Date:Saturday, October 20, 2012
Time: 10am-7pm
Location: Just for Fun Games (Website, Map)++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Final Standings for this tournament. Format was 4 rounds swiss style where top 4 advanced to single elimination playoff round (including 3rd place game):

Champion: Kevindola (3-1, 2-0 playoffs)
Runner Up: Jexik (3-1, 1-1 playoffs)
3rd: vegietarian18 (4-0, 1-1 playoffs)
4th: jetjake (3-1, 0-2 playoffs)

(remainder of players ranked by SOS tiebreaker)
5th: Brian - legoboy's son (2-2)
6th: Legoboy (2-2)
7th: Clarissimus (2-2)
8th: vminer (2-2)
9th: Jason - vegie's dad (1-3)
10th: Captain Canuck (1-3)
11th: mac0122 (1-3)
12th: Devin - Jexik's nephew (0-4)

Details on the tournament and format below

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; August 7th, 2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: updated maps/prizes/attendees
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Peoria NHSD Draft Tournament 2012 (Central Illinois)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Then the draft begins: the person picking first will pick one card, and the person picking second will pick two; after that, each alternate picking one more card (1,2,1,1,1...). Your army may not exceed 400 points.
*As in the rulebook, common squads may be drafted one card at a time like everything else. (Please bring multiple cards for multiple squads.)
Boromir26, Samuelfrost4 and I did a mini tournament with four people using 750-point pool draft. (The fourth person was Boromir's little brother) We found that the person who picks second has a large advantage, being able to counter draft their opponents pick; also giving them a double pick advantage might give them a huge headstart. It's fine if you keep it, but I would suggest taking away that rule.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can put me down as a maybe.

But I think you should change this,
Quote:
the person picking first will pick one card, and the person picking second will pick two
I've been practicing a lot, and I don't think 2nd pick should pick twice, because it's better to pick second already. If I pick first, the other person can pick a counter to what I just picked. If he gets to pick twice that's just icing on the cake.

Edit 'ed

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM

tomrza44 Woo who?

I will be on the maybe list. I will update my status as we get closer to the tournament. Thanks.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:21 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Glad to see this is still going. Good luck to all!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I am definitely going to be there. I'm looking forward to a great day (it's on my birthday ).

I like the omission of C3V/SoV. It doesn't seem right for a NSHD event to have them. Perhaps in a few years, or if we ever get around to doing a summer tournament, but I do not think now is the time for it.

The format is good too. It's like Reverse the Whip, but with a little more strategy to it. I've already thought of a few builds, but I just need a few more figures to pull it off...
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm, you said we'd be buying at least 3 Gift Cards, do you know what the rest will go to? I was thinking, It would be cool to use the rest of the money to buy a large Heroscape lot of ebay(Or even Auggies) Something like this, If we were to get 22 people at $5 bucks each we could afford that. Split it up into a RttFF, a RotV(May not be complete, I can't tell, but it looks very close ) And Orms Return.

Thoughts?

Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I said a minimum of 3 cards, but I'm not opposed to getting something off of ebay once we get more clairty of the number of attendees and the cash pool we have to work with.

I'm also not convinced about the drafting policy change request. I think there are steps you can take as picking first that you can take to deflect or lessen the counter drafting done by the person going second. But if i get enough feedback that it should be changed, then I will listen to the people.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I agree with leaving the drafting rules as it is. There will always be a best figure in the pool to take (Raelin, Major Q9, etc.), and picking first lets you take that figure. If you want to let me pick first if I play you, go ahead.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I agree with leaving the drafting rules as it is. There will always be a best figure in the pool to take (Raelin, Major Q9, etc.), and picking first lets you take that figure. If you want to let me pick first if I play you, go ahead.
Yes, But if you pick Q9, Boom, they pick Stingersx2 or Nilfheim or Krug etc...

Old August 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM

The thing is, the pools aren't really large enough to allow for that kind of countering to be present. You basically can have two different armies, or you can have one army with slightly different variations on it that you can pick. You also have to be smart, and not put perfect counters to figures in your army in your pool, or put figures that only work well with other figures in your pool (ie: Sir Gilbert, Venoc Warlord, 4th Mass, etc)
Old August 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

I think the drafting rules are fair (other than the glyphs rule because I want my massive curse). This sentence is a little confusing
Quote:
and the higher roller gets to decide which start zone they get or whether to pick first or second. The loser gets the remaining choice.
If you get high roll, you can take 2nd pick, and honestly that decision may depend on what the draft pool is. If there are 2x Stingers or KOW, I may want 2nd pick instead of Krug or Raelin. The down side is that for less experienced players they may not be as comfortable with the powers or the technique you need to play with some of the less common figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day