Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM

mrcharleswhite is surprisingly tart
Hero Cards for Android

First a little background info.
My children(5) and I have been playing Heroscape for about 4 years now and we love it. We have managed to scrape together one complete set of everything except for the exclusive Gencon items.

We were having a discussion one weekend during the 3 hour drive for the exchange with their mother about a couple of the special abilities of some characters. We had no way of knowing who was right until I arrived back home and checked the cards myself. Well my kids being the sponges that they are were correct but I was not going to let that type of discussion happen again without a way of verifying stuff there on the spot which is why I tried my hand at an android app.

Hero Cards is an application that provides the card information for each and every character in Heroscape. It is not intended to be a collection manager, army builder, or anything else except to provide information on a mobile android device. I have tested it extensively with the emulator, my own Droid, and an HTC Evo my buddy has. So far the only thing that is an issue is sometimes the app can't find the images for the cards (which are hosted on the web). I am not a programmer and this has taken me a long time to find examples from the web as well as learn the tools necessary for creating it. Also, I need to give due thanks to Raudulfr Shieldcrusher for providing the base graphics of the characters. It was and is greatly appreciated.

The application consists of a Tabview across the top which scrolls right to left and includes an image of each of the Generals. Selecting a General will display the associated characters for that General in a Gridview which scrolls bottom to top. Selecting a character will take you to a new screen with the information from that character's card. At this point the card images will be downloaded from the web. The bulk of the information is from the Master side but also includes some Basic side information as well. At the bottom (you might need to scroll up) there is text for viewing the Special Abilities and the Hitzones for that character. The Hitzone image also comes from the web.

Below is the link to the Android Market page that includes images. You can also do a search on your device for Hero Cards and you will find it. As I said earlier, I am not a programmer and initially this app was only meant for me and my kids but they encouraged me to put it out there for all fellow Heroscapers to use. I welcome any questions, comments, and issues that you may have.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Thanks,
mrcharleswhite

A toast to bread, for without bread there would be no toast.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:59 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Hero Cards for Android

Thanks for working on this.
I'll have to give it a try; it seems it could come in quite handy.

BTW, I am glad to see the HS Logo Font getting some use
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:33 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Really Nice App! Finally something for android besides pulling up Mythacle's Battleplan mobile edition on my droid's browser.

Is there a way to display/choose by anything other than General, or maybe choose whether to drill down by class, personality, , species, etc? I would pay a couple bucks for this app if you put a little more effort into it, but thanks for creating it as is as i can tell you put some effort into it.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills necessary to do what you want. I would like very much to be able to do that in the future as I gain more knowledge in programming. I have an account on Mythacle's and am thinking about contacting them to see if there is a way that I could tie an app into the backend system of theirs. Before I do that, I need to get better.

I'm currently looking into trying to download and cache all of the card images so it doesn't take so long to load them for each character. I initially had them included in the app but it got pretty big (35MB).

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Really Nice App! Finally something for android besides pulling up Mythacle's Battleplan mobile edition on my droid's browser.

Is there a way to display/choose by anything other than General, or maybe choose whether to drill down by class, personality, , species, etc? I would pay a couple bucks for this app if you put a little more effort into it, but thanks for creating it as is as i can tell you put some effort into it.

Old June 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Yes, Lamaclown the HS Logo Font was used. I have a note to add reference to that fact in the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Thanks for working on this.
I'll have to give it a try; it seems it could come in quite handy.

BTW, I am glad to see the HS Logo Font getting some use

Old June 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcharleswhite View Post
Yes, Lamaclown the HS Logo Font was used. I have a note to add reference to that fact in the next release.
No need to.
I am just glad it is getting used regardless of whether credit is given. I gave it to the community so it belongs to the community. Thanks though.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

This app is fantastic, and a super resource! Quick typo I saw though- on the retchets "lethal" is spelled wrong. But really, for a free app typos are not a problem, I just thought I might point it out to you. It is a great app to have.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the input and praise. I will have the Rechets fixed (along with a couple others) in the next update.

Another note:
I received an email a couple weeks ago about possibly adding a checkbox, search, collection management section to the app. Well with much research and a lot of trial and error, I think I may have something that you will be able to keep track of who you have. Right now it is an additional tab at the end that will let you click/select a characters checkbox and add it to a collection. Currently with my lack of coding experience this is the best I can come up with.

Right now I have it set up to list the characters by name and there isn't a way to input the quantity of characters. Hopefully this will change as I dig deeper into google and the android system itself.

Question for those of you that use/have the app.
Would you rather have a collection manager for individual characters or one based on sets(master, large, small, etc.)?

I hope to have this additional tab in the next update which will hopefully be around the 9th of July.

Also, I'm still working on images for the glyphs so that I can put those in as well.

Thanks

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

I'm going to download this and give it a try today.

Thanks for creating this app!

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I think either sorting method would be great, I would prefer by set for easier searching. However, people with many units may prefer individual grouping for easier customization.

Once again, thanks for the app. Thumps up!
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:40 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

The app is awesome. I'm glad to see HS gettin some love on Android. If you could give the option to see the figures or cards in a bigger size it would be great. Already giving it 5 stars though.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old October 27th, 2011, 11:30 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Just updated the app. Now it has Glyphs and weblinks to official cards. This app is great when you lost a card or just want to look something up. Both I and someone else used my phone with the app at Gencon and put order markers on the phone. Still wished you couls sort/browse by more than just general, but it is still nice for a free app. Thanks again Mr. Charles White.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software