Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 16th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Otonashi

She still seems easier to kill. In my last tournament Isamu took a few tries to kill; I don't think Otonashi's Defense of 3 would stand up to that.

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation

I have played in a tournament against her in Michigan, I think The Main Man had her, Isamu (and three big dragons) and it came down to Q9 vs her and she took three Q-gun attacks of three (we were limited to 5 rounds per game) so she survived and I didnt get a complete win. So that three defense can certainly do its job.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:49 AM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

People, consider what a warm welcome otanashi would have got if she were the 1st 10 point hero? And I used her the other day to cross the board and take out a Guilty Mcreech on high ground. One roll of her attack dice and a dead cowboy! He had it comin' and never saw it comin'!
That son-of-guns' always getting his points worth of kills! He puts Isamu to shame some times. Of course if Isamu is lucky enough he would vanish a few times on his way over to kill Guilty. But by the time Isamu got another order marker his game would be up and probably he would be surrounded or shot down. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think tricky speed is a perfect tool for a tricky assassination!

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"

Last edited by Faxanadu13; August 21st, 2008 at 01:53 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:54 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
People, consider what a warm welcome otanashi would have got if she were the 1st 10 point hero? And I used her the other day to cross the board and take out a Guilty Mcreech on high ground. One roll of her attack dice and a dead cowboy! He had it comin' and never saw it comin'!
That son-of-guns' always getting his points worth of kills! He puts Isamu to shame some times. Of course if Isamu is lucky enough he would vanish a few times on his way over to kill Guilty. But by the time Isamu got another order marker his game would be up and probably he would be surrounded or shot down. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think tricky speed is a perfect tool for a tricky assassination!
She actually isn't as good as I thought she would be. She can get around the board quickly and quickly kill one wild person and then she went down to Stingers.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM

Oh yeah did I forget to mention that after Otanashi assassassinated Guilty she was swallowed up by vikings?! I was still pleased with the result. But I will continue useing her instead of Isamu until I've mastered her usefulness. I believe in the art of surprise, especially when it comes to tricky ninjas!

It would be ideal to move in to killy a "wild" personality and also be adjacent to an allied "tricky" personality. And after moveing in for the kill, leap frog like Flash Gordon over to another potential kill. Or just get gone go home!

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
She still seems easier to kill. In my last tournament Isamu took a few tries to kill; I don't think Otonashi's Defense of 3 would stand up to that.
I think her earlier demise is excuseable as long as she makes a better kill.

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
The problem is that Isamu makes a great killer at Attack 5 or 3 plus height. In one game I took out 2 4th Mass, one Obsidian Guard, and put two wounds on Raelin - about 100 points worth - with Isamu before he died.

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The problem is that Isamu makes a great killer at Attack 5 or 3 plus height. In one game I took out 2 4th Mass, one Obsidian Guard, and put two wounds on Raelin - about 100 points worth - with Isamu before he died.
Okay if Isamu could do all that and I doubt Otanashi could do all that then I believe you have converted me back. I was going to argue the point that Otanashi was probably designed to perform a single task: a surgical strike on a medium strength hero. But If Isamu is capable of all that damage then maybe I need to practice with Isamu more. I just haven't been quite as lucky with him!

However, even if Isamu overshadows Otanashi a bit, I still stand by the fact that tricky speed has its place. And hopefully wave nine synergies can boost her up in the future. I admit, I just like haveing her around the party.

She really could use a little "disappearing ninja" in her style though!

Last edited by Faxanadu13; August 21st, 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: really hot in here
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Still unconvinced? So you think she was desgined to be able to move up to 30 hexes in one turn for 10 pts.
Um... probably. That's all she's good for. I had only thought it would add 4 maximum, but you just convinced me that it would make more sense to stack
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

but, then again, you will have to consider the conflicting divide ability, which could easily negate the whole attack, leaving Otonashi to be wiped out next turn with a counter attack. Bye-bye 10 points. (pretending Otonashi is a common hero) who would win, 5 Otonashis, or 1 Marro Dividers? Though somewhat silly sounding, it helps to compare the two figures (pointwise) compare. If the five Otos win a majority of the matches, I will step forward and agree with you.

"The way of War is
A Way of Deception" ~Sun Tzu's Art of War
The guidebook to life...
Old October 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM

tjbalistic is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

So if you start her on a road next to your tricky character, plus you have the movement glyph, you could propel her 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15 spaces.
Imagine your opponent's surprise when you kill their wild character that was 16 spaces away.
Hey, it could happen...
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbalistic View Post
So if you start her on a road next to your tricky character, plus you have the movement glyph, you could propel her 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15 spaces.
Imagine your opponent's surprise when you kill their wild character that was 16 spaces away.
Hey, it could happen...
Imagine your opponent's amusement when you move 15 spaces, don't kill anything, and then die on the next turn!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units