Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 20th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Glen_Quagmire69 is surprisingly tart
Dice Dice Dice

First I have a question. I have two sets of unopened Heroscape Dice one has 12 the other only 8, did some of the Master Sets have fewer dice?
Anyway, pretty much all my friends are poor college students, and so through the years we had set $10.00 - $15.00 limit on all Birthday/Christmas gifts. This way no one would get hurt feelings because someone spent more money on one person than the other. Everybody made a list of what things they would like as gifts, usually packs of MTG cards, the small Heroscape expansion packs and the like. My list always had one extra little thing...dice. Any Heroscape Dice, or any obscure or strange dice that went to another game or whatever. This resulted in me getting several sets of Heroscape Dice as well as some other unique Dice. I like to collect the MTG D20 spin down counters an already use them instead of the normal D20s provided with the Heroscape Master Sets. Then it hit me, what if I made some customs that used some of the unique dice I have. I have three rather interesting sets of dice. One is from the Yu-Gi-Oh Dungeon Dice Monsters game. One is the MLB sports clix dice. The Last one I got was when I bought the Xena/Hercules RPG at Goodwill. I was just thinking, maybe someone out there like me had some of these dice just collecting dust and wanted to use them for something. I wanted to know if anyone would find this interesting, or just a bad idea? Thanks for listing to me rant here and let me know what you think.

I trade Magic: The Gathering cards for Heroscape Army Cards or just about any miniatures, just send me a pm. I also have some old Yu-Gi-Oh cards as well.
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dice Dice Dice

I know the answer to your question at least. The first two master sets (RotV, SotM) had 12 dice. The third master set (BftU) only had 8 because everyone it is so weak. just kidding. Its probably just WotC trying to save money.

As for the extra dice I would say maybe you could make custom flagbearers for Aquilla and Valkrill. Dwarf for Aquilla and something demonic for Valkrill.

~GT55

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I've always wanted to buy a 100-sided die, but I need an excuse to use it...
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:57 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I use mine for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game. If you are looking for wierd dice, try this.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:20 PM

Glen_Quagmire69 is surprisingly tart

Those are some preety cool dice! I have TONS of d20's, d4's, d6's and the like from my old D&D days. We sometimes still play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition. This have given me some good ideas...

I trade Magic: The Gathering cards for Heroscape Army Cards or just about any miniatures, just send me a pm. I also have some old Yu-Gi-Oh cards as well.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 01:18 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

The usage of dice in a board is just a clever way to simulate percentages. Every increment on the D20 is 5%. So if a card designer wants an ability to have only a 25% chance of occurring, the power must be written to require a roll of 16 or higher to be successful. The use of higher or lower numbered dice only affects the accuracy in portraying a desired percentage. However, since the percentages portrayed won't be in clean 5% intervals, it will not be necessarily better to use any dice other than a D20 for such purposes.
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions