Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old November 24th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Old School Savage Throwdown: NHSD Maryland, 11/19/16

That was bananas, and I couldn't have hoped for a better recommendation for the playtested unit. That is why you play the game, for sure.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 24th, 2016, 11:51 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@ D_S
Sorry I had to miss this event. It sounds like it was a fun day for everyone. You've always been a great organizer for these things and I'm glad to see that HeroScape ain't dead yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Thanks again for hosting another great tournament, @Dad_Scaper. I had a most excellent time, and I'm happy to finally bring home the coveted Maryland trophy. Oh...wait.
(~~~lol~~~) . . . I concur that a "WWWW" record makes for an 'excellent time.' BRAVO! CONGRATULATIONS!
Quote:
I particularly enjoyed my matchup with @rudyvalentine, which was probably decided by my near-suicidal charge on the Marro Hive. Taking it out turned the tide in my favor. I also had fun gang-rushing Bill's Zelrig with my orc mob and killing the dragon before he could fry them all.
Hmmm, Kamakazi Orks . . . that's an interesting gnu strategy I'll have to remember the next time I'm face-to face with a threatening hive.
Quote:
10th Regiment also thoroughly enjoyed himself and has regaled the family several times with his tale of not only stealing Kidscaper's C3V unit with his Shade, but resurrecting him three times to win the game.

And on top of that, I came away with my very own Master Win Chiu Woo, signed by Craig Van Ness. That unit was literally the only official Heroscape unit I did not have, and I had given up on actually obtaining one. All in all, an awesome time!
Whooo-hooo ... Nice add to your collection. I'm sure that the Completionist in you is thrilled. I've been using a D&D "Scarlet Brotherhood" figure as a proxy for the MWCW card that I down loaded and printed.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your most excellent report.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 21st, 2016, 10:42 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
@akden , I'll be getting home from college tonight. If you PM me your address, I can mail the trophy to you.
Just an announcement: Robber was generous enough to ship the Maryland trophy to me, so it now sits in a place of honor in my game room, at least until the next tournament. Thanks, Robber!
Old December 21st, 2016, 11:17 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That was very nice of you, @Robber . I don't know if you know this (did I already post it above?), but this was akden's first tournament win. I suspect that the trophy means more to him than he let on.

Congrats again, akden!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:15 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No problem! I still wish I hadn't had to drop out of the tournament last-minute. I'll be at the next one for my shot at reclaiming the trophy

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day