Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD Maryland: 11/19 at Family Game Store in Savage, MD

it looks like we can make the 19th. Are you working on a format?
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes. I think it'll be something pretty vanilla. We haven't done that in a long time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 21st, 2016, 12:59 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Here's a "pretty vanilla" FORMAT SUGGESTION for you: Each player must have a 30 figure army totaling no more than 1,490 points. That way everyone that owns a Rise Of The Valkyrie Master Set can bring it and be ready to participate. Use partial card scoring to determine the winner of each 60 minute game. Every figure that is "killed" (eliminated) during a battle is permanently removed from that army and no longer available for the rest of the tournament. In the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games every player will have to utilize only the units and figures that survived the previous battles, including partial squads, although I think that wounded heroes should be able to regenerate back to full health during the 15 minute breaks between games. Only players whose armies have been completely wiped out will be given an opportunity to reconstitute their entire army to have a second chance at a victory against better players that would now be handicapped by having to use their probably damaged, if not partially decimated armies (i.e. less than the full 1,490 points).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 21st, 2016, 01:08 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ermm, Johngee, your suggestion doesn't strike me as "pretty vanilla." Just show up. I'll let you know the format.

It's my hope that a few of our friends from New Jersey - @Man_At_Arms , @9BelowMadness , others - may join us. Perhaps there will be a Garden State carpool.

= =
Old September 21st, 2016, 08:05 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Here's a "pretty vanilla" FORMAT SUGGESTION for you: Each player must have a 30 figure army totaling no more than 1,490 points. That way everyone that owns a Rise Of The Valkyrie Master Set can bring it and be ready to participate. Use partial card scoring to determine the winner of each 60 minute game. Every figure that is "killed" (eliminated) during a battle is permanently removed from that army and no longer available for the rest of the tournament. In the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games every player will have to utilize only the units and figures that survived the previous battles, including partial squads, although I think that wounded heroes should be able to regenerate back to full health during the 15 minute breaks between games. Only players whose armies have been completely wiped out will be given an opportunity to reconstitute their entire army to have a second chance at a victory against better players that would now be handicapped by having to use their probably damaged, if not partially decimated armies (i.e. less than the full 1,490 points).
I love this concept! Let's work on some clarifications and try to make it as concise as possible. I also like the concept of armies gaining experience for participating in early battles (likely uniques only). Let's do this 10/15.

Will work on making this...as of right now would have to be no unfortunately.

Chuck
Old September 21st, 2016, 11:59 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms View Post
Will work on making this...as of right now would have to be no unfortunately.
Get it together, man. There are others looking for you to carpool!

= =
Old September 21st, 2016, 12:42 PM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart
Re: Old School Savage Throwdown: NHSD Maryland, 11/19/16

Unfortunately I cannot make it on 11/19 due to previously scheduled events.

-John R.
Old September 22nd, 2016, 07:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, the new date moves me from "sorry no can do" to maybe.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 10:06 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Hey everyone so I just found my Heroscape collection in my long term storage and wanted interested in joining the tournament. I can't believe people still play this game!
Old September 23rd, 2016, 10:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Why shouldn't we? It's the best!

I'm glad you can make it. I vaguely remember you posting in the VA thread a long time ago, I'm glad you looked us up.

You're on the list.

= =
Old September 27th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry I am so late to the convo....school has me up to my neck in homework and engineering competitions. Is wear I am going to make it out to one of these events! When is the next one/where?

~DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old September 27th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

See the OP? November 19, that's the next one. I don't know when or where the one after that will be.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day