Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 28th, 2016, 11:25 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
That's right, jack up that post count! Bats may have 79,000+ posts, but 75% of them look like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Old January 28th, 2016, 01:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Part of why I asked was to see how you guys stayed active for so long, and to see how often there might be a chance of getting in. I don't know if I'll be active here for very long, so I don't know how likely it is. There's only been a handful of forums where I've ever stayed active on for very long, and it was usually because I ended up making friends, and becoming invested in the conversations and stuff going on on the forums. I've definitely got something to keep me invested though. Heroscape has been something I've liked for a very long time. I guess I'll have to see how things go.
Definitely get involved! C3V would love more active Public Playtesters.

Heroes of Middle Earth, in the "Other Customs Projects" section, is looking for more playtesters also. HoME has a much shorter ramp-up to active participation in design than C3V does, as well, for whatever that's worth.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 28th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes!!! Send a pm to @Dysole . There are vacancies filling *right now* in our playtesting group, and people should sign up. We can't and won't release untested units, and all anyone has to do to help is play with our awesome new goodies.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 28th, 2016, 09:00 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yes!!! Send a pm to @Dysole . There are vacancies filling *right now* in our playtesting group, and people should sign up. We can't and won't release untested units, and all anyone has to do to help is play with our awesome new goodies.
to this.

It's oodles of fun, and I can attest, you need absolutely zero skill to do it. They've been letting me play with their customs for a while now.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 28th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah. We have an enormous backlog of units, waiting for people to play with them. I wish I could translate more of the post-release enthusiasm to pre-release playtesting. Thanks for all you've done so far, MSP!

= =
Old January 28th, 2016, 09:08 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

I've recently joined the playtesting scene, and I'm enjoying it a lot. "awesome new goodies" is a very accurate description, @Dad_Scaper . And all you have to do is play a game of 'scape! There's no downsides!!

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 29th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

At least for the time being, I don't have a huge amount of free time. So while I'm interested in play testing a bit, I don't know if I want to get too involved just yet. I have on interest in C3V, and SoV because they are as close to official as anything is ever going to get at this point. I'd like to help them get through their process as quickly, but thoroughly as possible. As for other customs projects, I don't have nearly as much interest.

Other than C3V, and SoV, I'm mainly interested in custom terrain that looks like it fits the heroscape aesthetic. I actually have @Ch1can0 's bridge thread bookmarked because those bridges just look so good, and really look like they fit the theme. If they were for sale, I would buy them in a heartbeat. I'm looking into 3D printing myself, because I've taken a few courses on 3D modeling, so if I can get the scaling right, I'm going to try and print Ch1can0's bridges.

I'll see how things go. If I really enjoy playtesting, I might do it for some of the other customs groups. For now though, I'm not terribly interested.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 07:14 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I recently bought the rest of the Varkanaan Wolf Pack I had been missing (the melee squads and heroes), and I received them today.

They are gorgeous!

Sure, the sculpts have very little paint, and one of my Swiftfangs came broken, but that's nothing a little glue can't fix. The sculpts are extremely detailed and look great on the battlefield. They exude the pure savage animal power you'd expect from a wild wolf pack. It's also great to add a nice cohesive group to my rather small collection. The Eilan Sidhe are cool too.

I was similarly impressed by sculpt quality when I got the Orcs from D&D's Blood of Gruumsh set. I would like to commend C3V in choice of miniatures. You do great work.

Now to play the Wolf Pack. Perhaps some C3V playtesting...

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 29th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, MSP. The kind words of our fans are appreciated more than you know.

= =
Old November 11th, 2016, 06:12 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Probably some of you remember my Website HACCS, the Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher. Today I finally got to adding the Army Creating part, and as VC is one of the projects supported I thought it might be handy for some of you!
Check out this post for more information on how the army part works.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old December 24th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I don't know if this has ever been proposed (or even possible)...but has C3V ever considered doing terrain expansion releases? I myself make my own custom terrain, but I'm sure there are plenty out there that don't have the means or ability to do so. I'm curious if you've done research into the possibility? For example ...just like figures tend to be rebased, terrain expansions could be attached to Terrain hexes by the player, or depending on the terrain, simply placed on the map for gameplay. I don't know how practical it is, but I imagine it's possible if you wanted a desert expansion, to find cacti plants and some fences or something that are relatively cheap and to scale. This would add a whole new dimension to the game and I think it would be well received!

Thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 24th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I don't know if this has ever been proposed (or even possible)...but has C3V ever considered doing terrain expansion releases? I myself make my own custom terrain, but I'm sure there are plenty out there that don't have the means or ability to do so. I'm curious if you've done research into the possibility? For example ...just like figures tend to be rebased, terrain expansions could be attached to Terrain hexes by the player, or depending on the terrain, simply placed on the map for gameplay. I don't know how practical it is, but I imagine it's possible if you wanted a desert expansion, to find cacti plants and some fences or something that are relatively cheap and to scale. This would add a whole new dimension to the game and I think it would be well received!

Thoughts?
I don't speak for the group, but I can say Terrain is hard.

The biggest issue is finding something that large group of people all can have access too and is not too pricey. Dollar store stuff is cheap, but you cannot guarantee general availability. Railroad stuff can be available but is typically expensive. Also O scale railroad stuff tends to be 1900's themed, which is not very Battle of all time. I have found gaming stuff even more costly.

Also you need to have stuff that fits the style of scape. Getting people to accept something placed on a tile can be tricky. Either the Ram or Wolfen box came with tiny walls, but they still have not been made cannon for this reason. There are also a few D&D minis like mushrooms and portals that fall into this category.

That said if you have an idea, Share it! There are lots of terrain examples in my Terrain custom thread, which were both cheep and look great.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs