Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 25th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Very cool.
I always liked that design MS.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 25th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Ashi-Dhulu by @MegaSilver has received 4 Yea votes to induct (Scytale, Soundwarp SG-1, vegietarian18, and wriggz) and moves on to final United Fanscape review.

Last edited by Scytale; December 1st, 2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old December 5th, 2016, 10:37 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Nominating Kon-Tar-Na:

FYI ..

This figure is on sale at Miniature Market for $3.50

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-sclv02.html
Thanks for the heads up on this! I picked one up. This guy looks like a lot of fun to play.

I will say this guy doesn't seem all that Marro to me. The Gnids looked Marro, I get that one. This guy just seems too much of a stretch. I hope I'll change my mind once I have one in hand, because I otherwise really dig it.
After having this guy in my hands, I'm going to change my tune a little bit. This guy is quite passable as a Marro figure. It's not perfect, but its close enough to convince me.

Is he being tested on a peanut base? Or just a large circular one?

Also... I'm a rookie figure painter. If I wanted to dull his bright blue/pink colors to try and match the Marro a little closer, would a light black wash do it? Or, in the opinion of you better painters, should I do something more? I'm thinking I might have to brush over some of the blue since it's more of a surface color.
Old December 5th, 2016, 11:01 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
D&D style large single spaced base.

(I've been eyeballing my version of this mini the last few days, trying to decide the best way to go about re-basing him. Those who have already done it - any advice? I tried to push the pegs out from underneath but no dice. I could just get the exacto knife and cut him out but I want to make sure that's the best way to go.)
Old December 5th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Also... I'm a rookie figure painter. If I wanted to dull his bright blue/pink colors to try and match the Marro a little closer, would a light black wash do it? Or, in the opinion of you better painters, should I do something more? I'm thinking I might have to brush over some of the blue since it's more of a surface color.
I don't know about being a better painter, but I have done some marro before. If your willing to put in a few extra steps you can have the skin looking very close. A flesh basecoat, plus a sepia wash then a red wash (wipe the red wash off of high surfaces, let it pool in the cracks) makes for very nice marrow skin.
Old December 5th, 2016, 11:47 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
D&D style large single spaced base.
Thanks dok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
I don't know about being a better painter, but I have done some marro before. If your willing to put in a few extra steps you can have the skin looking very close. A flesh basecoat, plus a sepia wash then a red wash (wipe the red wash off of high surfaces, let it pool in the cracks) makes for very nice marrow skin.
Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old December 5th, 2016, 01:28 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
After having this guy in my hands, I'm going to change my tune a little bit. This guy is quite passable as a Marro figure. It's not perfect, but its close enough to convince me.
That's the conclusion I came to as well. The coloring isn't quite right, but the detail on the figure is quite marro-ish.

Quote:
(I've been eyeballing my version of this mini the last few days, trying to decide the best way to go about re-basing him. Those who have already done it - any advice? I tried to push the pegs out from underneath but no dice. I could just get the exacto knife and cut him out but I want to make sure that's the best way to go.)
I exacto'ed it. But then, I always do that.
Old December 5th, 2016, 02:06 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
That's the conclusion I came to as well. The coloring isn't quite right, but the detail on the figure is quite marro-ish.

Quote:
I exacto'ed it. But then, I always do that.
I like to think Marro's can have different skin color, just like humans or orcs...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 8th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

First time doing this. I would like to nominate my custom Tetraites for your consideration, SoV.

Tetraites was a renowned gladiator in Rome; known for his use of minimal armor and fighting bare-chested. His fame reached as far as England and France when he defeated the mighty Prudes. It was at this moment of victory and glory that Utgar summoned him to Valhalla, eager to make use of him in Taelord's Coliseum. Rather than miss the world he once knew, Tetraites relished the opportunity to spill the blood of not just man, but elf, dwarf, beast and giant alike. His name would be known, his name would be feared, his name is Tetraites.

He is the Shoanti Gladiator from the Lost Coast Pathfinder Battles line.
  • Balance His base stats are kept in line with the other gladiators for a fair understanding of point value, but he is costlier because of his ability to help control Squad swarming. His one special allows him to handle heroes, squads or a hero and a squad at the same time.
  • Playability His one power reads clearly and fits both his fighting style and figure. The power is used from C3G's Hogun and fits perfectly with his choice of weapon and personality. He’s fun to play because of his ability to deal auto wounds to nearby figures and help out squads. But aside from bonding, he’s a strong solo figure as well, holding his own against a single hero or squad.
  • Creativity A wild gladiator that follows Utgar just speaks thematic for me. As another historical figure, he fits right in with the lore behind summoning the strongest heroes to the war on Valhalla. How fitting for Utgar to summon him away as soon as he reached the peak of his fame and glory, only to be put into another arena on another world. But unlike the other rebellious gladiators, he’s quite content with his new “calling” and revels at the opportunity to spill the blood of his foes. Not only does he provide another bonding option for the Capuans, but his wild personality gives him more versatility in Dreadgul builds for bonding with them.
  • Theme He lived on Earth as a gladiator, and now lives on Valhalla as a gladiator in Taelord’s Colesium. His opponents feared him on Earth, and now that he’s on Valhalla, he will do everything in his power to prove his dominance. So far, he has not lost a fight, and looks forward to the day that he gets to meet his other gladiator brothers on the battlefield.
  • Accessibility The miniature is part of the Lost Coast Pathfinder Battles line, and from my research among numerous online stores there are 34 known available figures, with an undisclosed stock on paizo.com. On their website, I was able to input 99 units of this figure and go through checkout (without paying of course) and no error or adjusted quantity was given. This suggests the paizo.com has a numerous stock of this figure. If that were not the case than I’m sure there would have been some sort of message letting me know. But there you have it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 9th, 2016, 08:15 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For what it's worth, the 99 input on paizo does not reflect their stock. You actually have to email them to get an actual number. I am confident that the numbers for this guy is sufficient regardless.

I like the design and the theme. My gut says the points may be a touch high but I'm more than willing to test it. I vote YES to review.
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:53 AM

A question before I vote. Is Tetraites supposed to be able to hit himself with Bludgeoning Strike? Technically the wording currently allows him to. If not, I'm sure Editing in C3V can handle it, so it's not a deal-breaker in any sense. Just verifying intent.
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
A question before I vote. Is Tetraites supposed to be able to hit himself with Bludgeoning Strike? Technically the wording currently allows him to. If not, I'm sure Editing in C3V can handle it, so it's not a deal-breaker in any sense. Just verifying intent.
Either way it doesn't seem relevant, as I can think of literally no situation in which anyone would ever want to do that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs