Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 31st, 2009, 01:30 PM

Champion Woo who?
Heroscape Video game

A video game would be so cool! There are bunch of different options

1. Make it just like the game (that would be kinda boring)

2. You pick a general. You send armies off to battle and you get pionts to summon new characters. You don't do the actual battleing but you can chose who you send and where you send them. Some mesenger guy could come tell you stuff like "Ullar is sending some elves to attack your marro hive. They need reiforcements!" And then you send off some soulbougs to deal with the elves all from the safety of your own castle.

3. This is my favourite one. You pick a race (orc, Elf ..etc) Then you get some points to custimize your caracter. I think maybe ten. You give the points out like

move 4
range 1
attack 2
defense 3
(You don't get lifes you get a health bar which you can't change)

Your caracter will be personalized depending on where you put your points. If you only have 1 range your character will have a sword, spear, awe or hammer. high defense will give you alot of armour. After you get summund you are automaticly placed in a squad. You have to work your way up by completeing missons succesfully. You eventually become a Hero and after that you can get better weapons, special abilities and cool things to ride.

You don't battle with your stats. Hving 4 move just means you're slow. I'm not sure on attack and deffence. I'm thinking 3 attack does 3 damage and 4 defence could mean either you take away 40% of the damage or you have a 40% percent chance of blocking tr attack alltogether.

Please comment and make suggestions
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:45 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape Video game

Wow, this idea is so original! Lets contact WOTC now! /sarcasm

Welcome to the site Champion. Try to use the search function next time.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:58 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Comment #1---Please use the SEARCH function...this idea of making a video game for Heroscape has been discussed numerous times. Did you really think you were the very first?

Comment #2--Your idea as well as every other idea for a video game based on Heroscape is totally NOT Heroscape. It's a board game and a very good one at that. Making it a videogame in order to placate short attention span people who need to have constant action or else they get bored is a slap in the face to this game.

Comment #3-- If they made an electronic version of the actual game which would allow you to play against other people online using all of the same game mechanics as the game then I would be all for that. That is about as far from BORING as you can get. To be able to get up in the morning and play a game with whitestuff in Australia..and then agame with RevDyer in Arkansas and then finish the day off with a battle against HeH on the west coast is my idea of a perfect fun and exciting day.

Coment #4--Welcome to the site.
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:34 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Not another one of these. Reference this post.

Thanks for Playing.

And welcome.

~Anthasu1, Tired of these threads. (It was a cool idea Aldin! Sorry!)
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:38 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Comment #1---Please use the SEARCH function...this idea of making a video game for Heroscape has been discussed numerous times. Did you really think you were the very first?

Comment #2--Your idea as well as every other idea for a video game based on Heroscape is totally NOT Heroscape. It's a board game and a very good one at that. Making it a videogame in order to placate short attention span people who need to have constant action or else they get bored is a slap in the face to this game.

Comment #3-- If they made an electronic version of the actual game which would allow you to play against other people online using all of the same game mechanics as the game then I would be all for that. That is about as far from BORING as you can get. To be able to get up in the morning and play a game with whitestuff in Australia..and then agame with RevDyer in Arkansas and then finish the day off with a battle against HeH on the west coast is my idea of a perfect fun and exciting day.

Coment #4--Welcome to the site.
If some one neg's Ona for this then shame on them!

Here's some help champion, click the link in my signature and read up on forum conduct and search function usage. I had a similar idea when I first joined and I was not the first so do not feel bad. Good luck and do not be afraid to ask questions!
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:46 PM

Yugi Motou is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Like, what if the game came out for all systems and have either a boxed promo figure (One that comes with the game) or a mail-away figure promotion? This sounds like a great idea for a 'Scape Video Game!!
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugi Motou View Post
Like, what if the game came out for all systems and have either a boxed promo figure (One that comes with the game) or a mail-away figure promotion? This sounds like a great idea for a 'Scape Video Game!!
Its a great idea for a video game if you get a promo figure with it?
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

Just as a thought to the more computer/programing savvy people out there... what would it take to do this?

I try to think of some of the turn-based strategy games I played on the ol' PS-1 (not the RPGs, obviously), and remember how the move phase usually showed all the possibilities, including threat zone (except for the magician type classes).

It doesn't seem like adapting something like that for HS would be too difficult. Some sprite modeling, adjustments for height rules, and special powers would be kind of like spells that would take effect during the appropriate phase. (That steps of a turn, as seen in this big chart that Tribesofwar and Ryougabot thought up would be helpful in structuring and dividing up a turn.)

I would think there would actually be less problems from user operator problems (though reading the card would probably take care of most of those).

Although I love the idea of playing the game on-line, I wonder if such a move would nix the greater portion of the table-top players. Bummer if it did.
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site, Champ! Not much else I can say that hasn't been said.

Oh and word to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Comment #3-- If they made an electronic version of the actual game which would allow you to play against other people online using all of the same game mechanics as the game then I would be all for that. That is about as far from BORING as you can get.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 31st, 2009, 05:41 PM

Champion Woo who?

WOW! A search that actually works! Sorry about that guys. Normaly when I search something I get next to nothing. I'll try to search next time before I post.
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM

draigenkan costs too much!

Oh my god. Wow. you guys can be really, REALLY mean. Good Luck, Champion. I thought it was a good idea. Jesus.

~Jar Jar Binks is the best thing that happened since crack cocaine.
Studies show 88% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're the remaining 12% put this in your sig.
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:37 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigenkan View Post
Wow. you guys can be really, REALLY mean. Good Luck, Champion. I thought it was a good idea.

For telling him to use the great search function on this site? That might classify as mean to you, but not to the rest of us.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion