Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
10th Regiment of Foot- What's your Army Idea?

I hate to steal Aldin's thunder, but I know someone is gonna do this if I don't.

Well, now that we finally get to see what Britain's finest are made of thanks to truth's blog post, let's see some army ideas. I see the Sacred Band at least becoming a bit more useful, as well as units that end in 5. I expect the Redcoats to not be quite as good on their own as the 4th Mass, but slightly better when boosted by Marcus.

My army ideas?

4x 10th Foot 300
Marcus 400
2x Sacred Band 500

Nilfheim 185
3x 10th Foot 410
Marcus 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: 10th Regiment of Foot- What's your Army Idea?

I think the need for melee to get the defense bonus will make Marcus a real boon to these guys. However, They will be helped by additional ranged squad.

Marcus 100
10 Reg. x 4 300
MicroCorps Agents 100

500 points

Theoryscape: 10 Reg will charge and fire until they reach melee while the MicroCorps can stay at range and gain height. As agents, the microcorps will not get the move bonus, but it does not matter because they have a range of 7.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I hate to steal Aldin's thunder, but I know someone is gonna do this if I don't.

My army ideas?

4x 10th Foot 300
Marcus 400
2x Sacred Band 500
I had the same thoughts except with the Romans.
They can engage when the enemy comes close enough gaining the extra defense. You can then have a second line behind, adjacent to Marcus getting 4 attack with wtf or height.

I usually don't get into the whole ranged thing, but I'm actually going to have to give these guys a whirl. I love the strategic possibilities.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:37 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

75 is a nice round total for a new Roman Army:

Marcus - 100
3 x Romans - 150 (250)
2 x 10th Reg - 150 (400)

That's your core. Depending on points, from there you can go with NGS+Isamu, 10 Reg+Dumutef, or Legos+MBS for 500 but all of the standard roman staples apply here, so suit to taste. I like what Jexik said about making the Sacred Band more viable too.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
090 Parmenio
150 10th Regiment of Foot x2
100 Sacred Band x2
060 Zetacron
500 points, 19 figures, 20 spaces

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:02 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

My army ideas?

4x 10th Foot 300
Marcus 400
2x Sacred Band 500

Nilfheim 185
3x 10th Foot 410
Marcus 510
Jexik, in the first army you'll usually have to sacrifice one of your squad members.

I love that second army... in a 510 pt. game.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Red Coats 4x - 300

Marcus - 400

Raelin - 480

20 points of filler - 500

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; June 2nd, 2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
Quote:

My army ideas?

4x 10th Foot 300
Marcus 400
2x Sacred Band 500

Nilfheim 185
3x 10th Foot 410
Marcus 510
Jexik, in the first army you'll usually have to sacrifice one of your squad members.

I love that second army... in a 510 pt. game.
Yeah, I'd just drop a Greek most likely. I love pretty much any army with Nilfheim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
090 Parmenio
150 10th Regiment of Foot x2
100 Sacred Band x2
060 Zetacron
500 points, 19 figures, 20 spaces
For the 520 point GenCon championship you could replace Zetacron with either a third set of 10th Regiment of Foot or with Raelin.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

Let's go with the obvious:

Marcus - 100
Romansx2 - 100
MBS - 50
2x10th - 150
Krav - 100

I think the boon of the 10th regiment is that they're not 4th Mass. So, why worry about personality matches with discipline when you can draft Kravs. In this scenario, the Romans do their pin down job while you shoot fish in a barrel. Then your Romans die and you send in the bayonnets, and continue to shoot fish in a barrel with the Kravs. I'd be afraid of ninjas in this army so I'd be sure to distance one shooting crew from another.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdhoc View Post
Let's go with the obvious:

Marcus - 100
Romansx2 - 100
MBS - 50
2x10th - 150
Krav - 100

I think the boon of the 10th regiment is that they're not 4th Mass. So, why worry about personality matches with discipline when you can draft Kravs. In this scenario, the Romans do their pin down job while you shoot fish in a barrel. Then your Romans die and you send in the bayonnets, and continue to shoot fish in a barrel with the Kravs. I'd be afraid of ninjas in this army so I'd be sure to distance one shooting crew from another.
I stole part of your army and came up with:

Marcus - 100

Romansx2 - 100

Red Coats 4x - 300

You only have to put order markers on two cards! How simple is that?!

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Here's one for 520 pt formats.

1 x Raelin
1 x Marcus
4 x Foot
1 x Theracus

Theracus isn't to terrible as filler since you can use him to move around Marcus and also create a mini shield in narrow walkways.

Sidenote: I hope they make some Mutant Turtles to go up against these 10th Foot Soldiers.

Grenade lobbyist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion