Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 4th, 2015, 04:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV GenCon Tournament 2015 -- Cut the Cake!

Really curious if R˙chean joined in or not.

Hopefully I'll be there next year.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Really curious if R˙chean joined in or not.

Hopefully I'll be there next year.
R˙chean did not play. Neither did Hendal.

I had a lot of fun with Cut the Cake, as I have every time I played it. I'm considering doing it again next year. We'll see.

One game was Vark Wolves vs. Vark Wolves, which I barely won by taking out only Manuavi.
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It is a complex format. I don't know what we're doing next year, or even if we're going to GC. But I know we are less likely to participate in a tournament with the Cut the Cake format.

When you pick a format that you need a paragraph to explain, instead of a sentence, you are discouraging some people from participating. You may be encouraging others, but know that there is a tradeoff.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:42 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It is a complex format. I don't know what we're doing next year, or even if we're going to GC. But I know we are less likely to participate in a tournament with the Cut the Cake format.

When you pick a format that you need a paragraph to explain, instead of a sentence, you are discouraging some people from participating. You may be encouraging others, but know that there is a tradeoff.
Perhaps it needs to be simplified more?

Pick 2 Armies of the 4 that will be played, and i'll take what army I want. Or you can defer, and i'll pick the 2 armies that will be played, and you take what you want?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Not my tournament. I've said all I have to say about it. If people want to play Cut the Cake, and it's guys who know enough to find out about that tournament, it may even be the perfect place for it.

I bow out of the discussion. Carry on.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:53 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I just copied and pasted the rules from the online event. The format is simple. One person decides the two armies to be played that game, and the other person picks which one of those armies they will play with.
Old August 4th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Especially after the in person event I have to say that I too am much less likely to play if Cut the Cake is the format. Online you at least have time to think through the potential matchups, but in person people just kind of choose whatever. Normal Take 2 is fine but even then I'd rather just see a bring and play one army, C3V allowed, especially since the event is casual anyway.
Old August 4th, 2015, 06:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

I don't really care. I enjoyed the format (although I was brain tired about halfway through and dropped after Round 3 because that's the first time I've played 12 games of Scape in one day) and I made my decisions fairly quickly (a couple of them were poor decisions but I blame that on my brain not functioning properly). I am the kind of person who doesn't really care too much about the format (although I have preferences) but likes making armies.

~Dysole, who thinks the concept is simple but the actual text could fill up a lot although that tends to be true the more you stray from bring 1
Old August 4th, 2015, 06:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure that changing the format from cut the cake, to regular take two, to prebuilt, to alternating Reverse the Whip, or whatever, would not change the total numbers playing by more than 1 or 2 in either direction. I suspect the very same is true of the championship, for what it's worth.
Old August 4th, 2015, 06:57 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

I went 3-1. I ran
Raelin, Isamu, Capt. V. & 8xPathfinders
Hornwrangler, 3xShieldsmiths & B-11

One of my favorite events. We need to run this event next year during an earlier time. More people will show.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
I went 3-1. I ran

One of my favorite events. We need to run this event next year during an earlier time. More people will show.
Awesome to hear! I would love to run this event at an earlier time, but I'm locked into whenever they have Open Play.
Old August 5th, 2015, 01:31 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
I went 3-1. I ran

Awesome to hear! I would love to run this event at an earlier time, but I'm locked into whenever they have Open Play.
Maybe Thursday. Switch things around a little.

Thoughts??

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con