Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old May 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: B96's Maps-Revised Highland Road

Where the glyphs are right now, the one to an army's right is 7 walking/5 flying spaces away, while the one to the left is 12 walking/10 flying spaces away. That means that for many armies they will be 2 turns and 3 turns (walking, 1 or 2 flying) away, respectively. This makes it much easier for most armies to claim/hold/attack figures on the glyph to their right. And if the glyphs come up something like Valda+Lodin, whoever is closer to the Move glyph will have a distinct advantage.

If you add tiles to where the green circle is up to level 2, and move the glyph to the maroon circle, it will be 9 and 10 walking spaces away from each SZ, which means both sides have roughly equal access to is, and double spacers will still be able to claim it.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Where the glyphs are right now, the one to an army's right is 7 walking/5 flying spaces away, while the one to the left is 12 walking/10 flying spaces away. That means that for many armies they will be 2 turns and 3 turns (walking, 1 or 2 flying) away, respectively. This makes it much easier for most armies to claim/hold/attack figures on the glyph to their right. And if the glyphs come up something like Valda+Lodin, whoever is closer to the Move glyph will have a distinct advantage.

If you add tiles to where the green circle is up to level 2, and move the glyph to the maroon circle, it will be 9 and 10 walking spaces away from each SZ, which means both sides have roughly equal access to is, and double spacers will still be able to claim it.

Ok, I see. Will do!

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:38 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Edit: After some recent discussion on "Raelin Perches" I made a slightly revised version. Thoughts?
Highland Road

Last edited by boromir96; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: B96's Maps-Revised Highland Road Again

Sorry, I've already played my report for next week. It was actually done quite some time ago, which is why I have the outdated version. Hopefully my feedback can still be taken into consideration.

I'm definitely with everyone else on the aesthetics end. It has a look of a very well polished map. The LOS blockers are very well placed. The use of the the right types of terrain in the right places really makes a difference in the quality of a map, and you did it right.

I may be alone on this, but I'm not a fan of water in the start zones. To me, it feels like the map-maker kind of just ran out of tiles building the rest of the board and had to reach the 24-hex limit, so he threw in the leftover water tiles. Now, your map is not like that at all, and the water makes sense where it is placed. However, the large 24-hexer, completely uncovered does look quite a bit like where the starting zone should be. I think that in a tournament environment where the starting zone are not always clear, many people will do this instead of following the irregularly shaped starting zone.

I couldn't come up with an easy way to fix this though. The way that the zones are allotted now is fine, but they might make more sense if the sand three hex space was part of the start zone, and the front three spaces were not. It'd make an easily seen line the start zone border.
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I may be alone on this, but I'm not a fan of water in the start zones. To me, it feels like the map-maker kind of just ran out of tiles building the rest of the board and had to reach the 24-hex limit, so he threw in the leftover water tiles.
Always interesting to see other people points of view. I love water in the SZs, and often include it intentionally to punish Squadscape armies that pack the SZ (figures starting in water spend an extra move to step up to level 1).
Quote:
The way that the zones are allotted now is fine, but they might make more sense if the sand three hex space was part of the start zone, and the front three spaces were not. It'd make an easily seen line the start zone border.
Then the glyphs will be imbalanced again. If there might be an issue with SZ confusion, it should be up to the TD to see that it is corrected (making sure they get marked or leaving build instructions near the map as a key are both easy solutions).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Sorry, I've already played my report for next week. It was actually done quite some time ago, which is why I have the outdated version. Hopefully my feedback can still be taken into consideration.

I'm definitely with everyone else on the aesthetics end. It has a look of a very well polished map. The LOS blockers are very well placed. The use of the the right types of terrain in the right places really makes a difference in the quality of a map, and you did it right.

I may be alone on this, but I'm not a fan of water in the start zones. To me, it feels like the map-maker kind of just ran out of tiles building the rest of the board and had to reach the 24-hex limit, so he threw in the leftover water tiles. Now, your map is not like that at all, and the water makes sense where it is placed. However, the large 24-hexer, completely uncovered does look quite a bit like where the starting zone should be. I think that in a tournament environment where the starting zone are not always clear, many people will do this instead of following the irregularly shaped starting zone.

I couldn't come up with an easy way to fix this though. The way that the zones are allotted now is fine, but they might make more sense if the sand three hex space was part of the start zone, and the front three spaces were not. It'd make an easily seen line the start zone border.
Yeah, I had originally had the 24 Hexers as the start zone, But I just Can't forget Kevindola's Zelrig. I HATE Zelrig. like this It is Zelrig Proof.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I really Appreciate it!

Old May 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

B96, I too am playing this for my next battle report. The match was played and I loved the map! (More will be provided with the report).

However I just realized we fudged the start zones, which may have actually changed the game!
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
B96, I too am playing this for my next battle report. The match was played and I loved the map! (More will be provided with the report).

However I just realized we fudged the start zones, which may have actually changed the game!
Thanks! Yeah It probably didn't matter all that much(My primary concern was ZBombs) Although this way it's easier to get up the hill on the right, which allows you easier Glyph access.

I could use some advice, Which version of Swampway do you prefer?

Thoughts?

Last edited by boromir96; May 11th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post

Thanks! Yeah It probably didn't matter all that much(My primary concern was ZBombs) Although this way it's easier to get up the hill on the right, which allows you easier Glyph access.

I could use some advice, Which version of Swamp Highway do you prefer?

Thoughts?
I like the bottom one the best and the top one the least. It may be partly due to the fact that I don't like using the Hive as an obstacle, but...

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Re: B96's Maps-Swampway Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I like the bottom one the best and the top one the least. It may be partly due to the fact that I don't like using the Hive as an obstacle, but...
Ok, I do like the Hive though....

Anyone else? I could really use some advice.....

Here's a pic of version 2,

Last edited by boromir96; May 11th, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: B96's Maps-Swampway added

I think I like 2 the best. I'm dissapointed to not see the big tree get used, but Marro Hive does make a better LoS blocker.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM

Re: B96's Maps-A Shortcut to Mushrooms added

New map added to the OP,

A Shortcut to Mushrooms...

Uses 1 RotV and 2 RttFF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios