Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 30th, 2010, 12:33 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Casual Game Day - West Chester, PA - Nov 20

I've gotten the November date on the books @ Games Keep in West Chester for a casual game day. It's the Saturday following the D3 release, so everyone is welcome to come out and try out the new units. Clan, you can come too.

929 S High St
West Chester, PA 19382

484 905-5533

We're tentatively planning a later start, perhaps 1 or 2pm and running until 7pm. Of course, everyone is welcome to come earlier and stay later if you'd like. I'll be providing some maps but would love to have some help in that department. More to come as the date gets closer.

Karl mentioned that he'll have plenty of D3 in stock, so if you're looking for a place to pick up the new wave, it will be available. (He also offers a great price for preorders - he didn't ask me to say that but I thought I'd mention it for anyone who might be interested.)

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
Mad_wookiee
Son of mad_wookiee
Tom
Justine
Northgate
Son of N&J
Grunttactics
Johngee

Possibles:
Vydar is the Man
Hivekeeper
Awesome Sujoah
Dragonslayer2
Duker

Last edited by mad_wookiee; November 17th, 2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: updated attendees
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Casual Game Day - West Chester, PA - Nov 20

Needless to say, I am interested in this and will be there if possible. I will bring a map or two as well.

Any idea on what Karl has charged in the past for a pre-order on individual packs and as well as full cases? Thanks.

Last edited by tom; August 30th, 2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: I am out of room in my signature for this event. I will add it when the real estate becomes available.
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

He typically gives a 20% discount on preorders. I've been ordering from him for a while now so he knows about what to order for me per wave, so I haven't honestly paid much attention to the preorder price. He gives me a good rate and it's always in stock on release day, so I have no complaints whatsoever. I think I paid around $130 for 12 packs of D3. I'd give him a call and ask him for a price - let him know that you were at the event in July and are planning to come in Nov and he'll take care of you.
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:37 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

It's too soon to say, "I'm definitely going to be there," but you can put me on the Possible Attendees' List. Going to MD on 11/07 is probably not good for me since it's too close to the 9/16 & 9/23 NHSD Double Header. So far, I've got nothing else planned for November except Thanksgiving, which is on the 25th; so hopefully Mrs. G. will give the green light to me wanting to get away for a casual play day before the traditional turkey feasting festivities.

If it's "just" a casual game day -- maybe we can try something different, like working through the new Dungeon Crawl scenarioes or any other preplanned scenario (i.e. a four-player large Roman Army vs. large MacDirk, Viking, Dwarf, or Gladiator army; OR Redcoats vs. Minutemen, Mohicans, or Ashigaru; etc.)? Or maybe we could just play our FUN ARMIES on some NON-Symmetrical maps and show off our customized terrain creations. Or perhaps you could pick a crazy theme that we would explore like: determining who would win - The Magnificent 7 cowboys vs. The 7 Dwarves vs. 7x Samurai vs. 7x Ninjas vs. 7x Soulborgs. That would be different. Got any random ideas in you head?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 15th, 2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old September 21st, 2010, 06:35 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My crew and I (HiveKeeper, Awsome Sujoah and I) might be able to make it. I presume that it will not be focused solely on heroscape and that other games will be played. If that is the case, Tom, bring Castle Ravenloft. I will then be bringing Summoner Wars (Elves, Orcs, Undead), a one-shot D&D 4E campaign for 5 people which will take approx 2 hours (I'm going to make 1st Level characters of most of the D&D 'Scape heroes, If you don't know how to play I'll send you a PM with the basic rules so I won't have to spend an hour teaching you all, and dice will be provided) and Lego Minotaurus which is a very good game IMO if you havn't played it in addition to a Heroscape map and my figs.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old September 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM

[~deleted~]

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 28th, 2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Duration of time sensitive information expired.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Put me down as a maybe, the drive isnt that bad, and might be able to talk my Dad into it. Also, if I come I would like some D3 stuff. But well get to that as we get closer to the date.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:50 PM

@ DS2 ~ I hope you, Toa, and your dad (btw: imo: he needs a better HeroScapers moniker than Leonard , but I'm getting off topic) ...can make it out to the W.C. event. The Games Keep FLGS has the largest selection and inventory of board games, including HeroScape - that I have ever seen in a small brick-and-mortar store! And I've been to at least a dozen in several states over the years. I do think you will find plenty of choices to spend your money on; just don't expect to find a Volcarren Wasteland, Thaelenk Tundra, or Ticalla Jungle.

Old October 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Duker Woo who?

Now that I have shown my face in the tournament scene I think it would be nice to attend a casual game day. You can put me down for a maybe but from what I hear about the games keep I really would love to be there.
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Its almost Nov...an news on if this event is going to fly or not???

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM

It's definitely on - I haven't been tracking attendance too closely because the format doesn't really require it. I've also been waiting for the NHSD events to wrap up before promoting this one.

I'll start posting maps in the next few days. If anyone has any maps they want to bring, post them and I'll add them to the list. Because it's casual we can use basically anything but I do want to make sure we have a variety of maps. (Good opportunity for playtesting if anyone has a new map they're working on!) I'm trying to get a new 3-player map pulled together before the event but no guarantees.
Old October 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM

What are you thoughts on dedicating at least one table to a large formatted campaign scenario like SkyKnight's Dungeon Crawl that was posted on the Home Page:
< http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32840 >
...or one of PeterParkerH's Lord of the Rings adaptations for the battles of The Hornberg or Minas Tirith? It could be a four or even six player team game, but would probably last longer than the traditional 45-60 minutes that we are accustomed to in our recent tournaments. It wouldn't have to last until the last figure is standing - maybe cut it off at the two hour mark.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events