Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 20th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
SOTM castle

I poked around a bit but couldn't find where anyone had made a custom SOTM castle yet. Has anyone got any pics or suggestions. I'm thinking a greenish wash and some vines. Anyone? Anyone?

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:30 AM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My friend got SOTM and castle! I'll whip him to make one for you!
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I would think that a "swamp castle" would be more organic then one with stones. By that I mean it seems to me it would be more of a large wooden house. Propped up with trees and vegetation.

A swamp is not the place to build anything large.
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM

S.Gecko Woo who?
"Everyone said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I did it anyway ... it burned down, fell over, and then it sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stood up!"

Couldn't resist ...
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
I would think that a "swamp castle" would be more organic then one with stones. By that I mean it seems to me it would be more of a large wooden house. Propped up with trees and vegetation.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking anything pristine like the way FOTA looks. I'm thinking Aztec or a Mayan or Machu Pichu look, mixed in with all that you mentioned. Also from the look of the hive, the Marro don't build with tools and stone anyway, so anything they would be occupying would be just that occupied. I guess what I'm driving at is something that the wellspring that's supposed to be on this world would be in some kind of fortress or temple wouldn't it? So what would that look like?

Old September 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholarthemag
Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't thinking anything pristine like the way FOTA looks. I'm thinking Aztec or a Mayan or Machu Pichu look, mixed in with all that you mentioned. Also from the look of the hive, the Marro don't build with tools and stone anyway, so anything they would be occupying would be just that occupied. I guess what I'm driving at is something that the wellspring that's supposed to be on this world would be in some kind of fortress or temple wouldn't it? So what would that look like?
The hive wasn't built, it's a living creature.
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:07 PM

[/quote]The hive wasn't built, it's a living creature.[/quote]

You're right, thanks Cav, I guess I was thinking in a bee or ant colony kind of way.

Old September 20th, 2007, 02:16 PM

The hive wasn't built, it's a living creature.[/quote]

You're right, thanks Cav, I guess I was thinking in a bee or ant colony kind of way.[/quote]

You could... go to the store and purchase one of those super large styrofoam balls. Cut it in half. Poke a bunch of holes through it. Then paint it with some wall spackle, and add large chunks of dow board, or toothpicks, or ripped up bottle caps, anything to it. Then paint the entire thing black. Then paint it brown, leaving some of the areas black (lower areas and holes). It might even be cool to just splat brown in a places leaving thing veiny black lines in the middle seperating your splats. Then highlight with a little lighter brown (drybrush). Then add flock, vines, and leaves. bam a marro house.
Old September 20th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Codo Woo who?
Quote:
You could... go to the store and purchase one of those super large styrofoam balls. Cut it in half. Poke a bunch of holes through it. Then paint it with some wall spackle, and add large chunks of dow board, or toothpicks, or ripped up bottle caps, anything to it. Then paint the entire thing black. Then paint it brown, leaving some of the areas black (lower areas and holes). It might even be cool to just splat brown in a places leaving thing veiny black lines in the middle seperating your splats. Then highlight with a little lighter brown (drybrush). Then add flock, vines, and leaves. bam a marro house.
Oh....my.....God!

THAT'S GREAT! What a cool idea. Great, that's all I need is ANOTHER terrain project on my table!

Codo

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old September 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM

Ravven Demonwing has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Gecko
"Everyone said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I did it anyway ... it burned down, fell over, and then it sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stood up!"

Couldn't resist ...
I love that movie so much.

And, actually, an old abandoned tower in the swamp would be really cool, I'm eager to see one.

Ravven Demonwing Manages the Training room in...
The Menagerie
Old September 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
The hive wasn't built, it's a living creature.
You're right, thanks Cav, I guess I was thinking in a bee or ant colony kind of way.[/quote]

You could... go to the store and purchase one of those super large styrofoam balls. Cut it in half. Poke a bunch of holes through it. Then paint it with some wall spackle, and add large chunks of dow board, or toothpicks, or ripped up bottle caps, anything to it. Then paint the entire thing black. Then paint it brown, leaving some of the areas black (lower areas and holes). It might even be cool to just splat brown in a places leaving thing veiny black lines in the middle seperating your splats. Then highlight with a little lighter brown (drybrush). Then add flock, vines, and leaves. bam a marro house. [/quote]

Now you got me thinking of a huge massive Hive brain thing like in Starcraft! Dang, this will be great! OR maybe I'll run with the bee hive thing and combine it with your idea and make a suspended one. Thanks Calvin!

Old September 20th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Well let me add this as well. Go to Walmart or crafts store and find some tubular shaped sea sponges (they are hard and you can prime them black). Dry brush them with some brown, some flesh, some red.. make them look organic. Also, look for lotus pods. They are very very very marroish. They will look great on any marror board.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles