Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Louisiana HS Summer Tournament - Post-Tourney

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA HeroScape Summer 2014 Tournament

The Battle for Valhalla Rages On!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tournament begins at 11:30 at the Vernon Parish Library on Saturday, August 9 and ends at 4:45.
500 Point Armies, C3V and SoV units are allowed! No Marvel. Standard Swiss-Style format.
New players are welcome! Learn to play sessions begin at 11:00!
Don’t have an army? Everything you need to play will be supplied!
For the Champions: There will be prizes!

The above is what is written on my tournament flier, but my flier features fancier font and borders and such to be more attractive. The images are the same, though.

We will be in the meeting room of the Library. It's behind a pair of doors on the right as soon as you enter the Library with a sign that says "Meeting Room." If you miss it, I'm sure the front desk can point you in the right direction. Refreshments will be available, but if you wish you can bring light refreshments of your own.

No restrictions on armies besides the usual 500-point, 24-hex limit. C3V/SoV units are encouraged because, well, they're fun. Most of the prize(s), if not all, can be expected to be C3V/SoV, simply because the fact that they are in print and available, and with all the newer players I have it's the best way to expand one's collection.

If anyone could bring maps it would be greatly appreciated, please let me know beforehand. BoV is okay, otherwise I'd like to take a look at it.

Bring your friends who want to play, anyone who is interested - the few veterans among us are more than willing to teach to spread the 'Scape fever!

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Last edited by elvenwizard9; August 10th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old July 15th, 2014, 10:54 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Louisiana HS Summer Tournament: 8/9/14

Tourney Maps:

PLEASE bring a map if you can - I'd appreciate it SO much...

Glyph Pool:
Astrid (Attack +1)
Gerda (Defense +1)
Valda (Move +2)
Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Kelda (Healer)
Wannok (Wound)

Last edited by elvenwizard9; August 4th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old July 21st, 2014, 08:31 PM

All of the maps my group can/will supply have been posted, as well as the glyph pool. If anyone is going to attend and can bring a map, please do so! I can only support fourteen players, fifteen if one person takes a bye every game. At my last tourney, we had eight players. Two of my regulars (on private game nights) did not show, and we had one complete stranger to me show up. I expect more complete strangers now, as this has more time to advertise. So, if anyone is attending and brings any tournament map - I will love you forever.

EDIT: While this technically is a first come, first serve, I can make sure those who RSVP will play. There are several of my regulars who may or may not show up. I'll start the attendee list, and if I hear from any of them, add them in. Feel free to add yourself in.

(note: I'll put a star next to them if they're not registered on this site_
1. elvenwizard9
2. Chipelf*
3. Frodo*
4. kidboy108*

Last edited by elvenwizard9; July 22nd, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 09:47 PM

I ordered the tourney prizes today. Three prizes are, in order of greatest to least:
Confrontation Starter Set (Contains the following C3V units: Count Raymon, 1) x2 Cathar Spearmen, Arktos, and Varkaanan Greyspears)
2) NIB Heroes of Bleakwoode
3) ??? (pending/NA)

The winner may pick any of the three, the second place one of the remaining two, and the third place may take the remaining prize, if one is able to be provided.

If anyone can spare something for third prize (or any prize really) - even a single hero - it would be much appreciated. Until then I'll see what I can come up with or just leave prizes to 1st and 2nd place.

Doing a tourney prep day with my Assistant TD's soon to build maps and settle some things.

Old August 8th, 2014, 11:41 PM

Well, eight confirmed attending. Wish I had more, but maybe a couple of walk-ups will show - who knows. Ah well... Tomorrow, people! Woohoo!

Old August 9th, 2014, 07:05 PM

Re: Louisiana HS Summer Tournament: 8/9/14 - Post Tourney

Great tournament - I would've done decently but losing Nilfheim early got me twice, once to mind shackle (in the second round!). James Murphy and the Nhah Scirh were really firing on all cylinders to pick up the slack, but it just wasn't enough.

A big congratulations to our first and second placers - and the third, despite the lack of third prize.

I am extremely happy - we had two walk up players, totaling ten compared to last time's eight! Hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to see Panopticon and icebear at our next tournament, but regardless I'm sure our community of 'Scapers in Louisiana will continue to grow, bit by bit. It's like missionary work.

EDIT: The Tourney Report is now up!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49998

Last edited by elvenwizard9; August 9th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:43 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Louisiana HS Summer Tournament: 8/9/14 - Post Tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Great tournament - I would've done decently but losing Nilfheim early got me twice, once to mind shackle (in the second round!). James Murphy and the Nhah Scirh were really firing on all cylinders to pick up the slack, but it just wasn't enough.

A big congratulations to our first and second placers - and the third, despite the lack of third prize.

I am extremely happy - we had two walk up players, totaling ten compared to last time's eight! Hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to see Panopticon and icebear at our next tournament, but regardless I'm sure our community of 'Scapers in Louisiana will continue to grow, bit by bit. It's like missionary work.

EDIT: The Tourney Report is now up!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49998
Old January 8th, 2015, 12:13 AM

cdb8998 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Louisiana HS Summer Tournament - Post-Tourney

Are yall planning on having another tournament in the future?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events