Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Columbus, O-H-I-O NHSD 2012!

Forgot to answer - I haven't heard anything from Ben, Matt, Jacob or Lucas. If i do, it will be here, so I'm sure theyll post.

And yes - my understanding is that you choose from 4 armies.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Put my grandpa (not playing) and I as definites. We've checked the schedule and it's clear except for my brothers soccer game, but there's still room on the calender for NHSD.
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I forget if this was discussed last year, but does it go by most wins or greatest Win %?
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I forget if this was discussed last year, but does it go by most wins or greatest Win %?
Most wins in order to encourage faster play. 5-2 would beat 4-0.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
Quote:
Most wins in order to encourage faster play. 5-2 would beat 4-0.
Ok, thanks.
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM

Just noticed that an army I was thinking of using had an Isamu in it. Is there any way we could change the no same figures in the same army, to say, "figures less than or equal to 25 points may be used in both armies".

I don't think I'm going to use this army anyways, but it sucks to have to use the "lost ninja of Vydar", because you already have Isamu in your other army.

Last edited by Sheep; September 18th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:52 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Just noticed that an army I was thinking of using had an Isamu in it. Is there any way we could change the no same figures in the same army, to say, "figures less than or equal to 25 points may be used in both armies".

I don't think I'm going to use this army anyways, but it's sucks to have to use the "lost ninja of Vydar", because you already have Isamu in your other army.
Just use Otonashi.
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
Quote:

I don't think I'm going to use this army anyways, but it's sucks to have to use the "lost ninja of Vydar", because you already have Isamu in your other army.
Just use Otonashi.
That was the "lost ninja of Vydar", and she'll last for a round after being used.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:01 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

The problem is that you and your opponent could both pick the armies that you brought, so they have to be mutually exclusive.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
The problem is that you and your opponent could both pick the armies that you brought, so they have to be mutually exclusive.
OK, that makes more sense than; no spamming stingers on both teams.

EDIT: And it seems as if I know which two armies I'll be playing in October.

Last edited by Sheep; September 18th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
Quote:

Just use Otonashi.
That was the "lost ninja of Vydar", and she'll last for a round after being used.
She may be crappy, but I've seen her win one on ones against Marcu, Isamu, even a Eldrim with 1 wound. She's not really a waste of 10 points. Not using your last ten points on Otonashi (when and ONLY when Isamu is not avaliable) is a waste of 10 points.
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

These are all very good points! I would also add that your goal is not necessarily to bring the two "best" armies-- you may have to play against one of them! You might avoid adding Isamu just because you might have to play against Isamu! Otonashi has her uses-- clearly Isamu has more, but adding Isamu to your "weaker" army and Otonashi to your "stronger" one might influence your opponents decision to pick or not pick one of them. Also, if one army has "tricky" figures, adding her would make sense to take advantage of tricky speed. Likewise, if your other army has "wild" figures, it would make sense to put her in the other one in case you end up playing against the "wild" army. You could place Isamu opposite a Jandar army for the same reasons.

I think you're better off going with armies that you're good at playing but others might not be (with and against) so you can use your skill with certain builds (and hopefully your opponent's lack of skill with them). That way you'll have the advantage either way.

Or you could just not over-think it like I do, go with something cool and just have fun.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day