Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah NHSD 2012: Maps are up

As far as tweaking Kingsbridge, I say leave the two glyphs on the bridge and the one outside each start zone on the rock tile...get rid of the rest.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

(Edits) Kingsbridge glyph questions (I need feedback!):
1) Treasure or power glyphs on the bridge?
2) From Green, the "1 o' clock" bridge glyphs: Centered, or offset +1 space away (six flying spaces) at the orange spots?
My opinion: It's 5 Flying now, 6 Flying to an offset glyph. With 7 Flying, only seven official Army cards (one of those is a squad)--and two customs--can acquire a glyph first turn. I'd like to offset the glyph and move the two start zone spaces immediately behind a ruin to the two water spaces at the back of each start zone to make both bridge glyphs 7 flying spaces distant.
Spoiler Alert!

NEW -------------------------------------____------------------ OLD

Modified area (Green's ruin removed for clarity).

Modifications:
1) Terrain added/changed between the start zones & under the bridge, enabling transit around the ruins both ways & through the underpass.
2) Grass glyphs have been adjusted slightly, the other four "yours & mine" glyphs have been removed.
3) Would the majority of players want glyphs to remain in the center of the bridge?
The only reason I'd want to offset them to the orange spots is for most flyers/walkers to take slightly longer going straight north to the closest bridge glyph. If the majority wants them offset, I'd raise the current glyph hex location back up to Level 8, so (including the top rung of the ladder) there would be two high-level and two same-level spaces adjacent to the new orange glyph location.

Edit: The new Kingsbridge PDF has been added to post #2.

Details:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by UtahScott; October 10th, 2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: uploaded the new build to post #2, and new pics here
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:34 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Map-building announcement:

How about I let people volunteer to build stuff this year? ortimus has already made a few maps...

Three posts up, #48, has a listing of all maps. The maps that had a majority of votes are in bold, we need two of each. We only need one copy of second maps for 32 players (lava, two of both). I will be building more...

If you're volunteering for a map--or maps, post it here or PM me. You need to make sure you have the material/instructions to build it, and if you'll build it in advance or on Saturday morning. If you need someone else to bring a terrain expansion, say so. I can get some premade maps from SLC to store at my place beforehand, if necessary, but I'm not driving outside the county. Enterprising gamers can come early to help build stuff, or get in an early game once everything's built. The church will be open at 10am for last-minute maps, etc.

Start time change
twigleg2 has an ACT test 10/27, he won't make it to the church until 12:30pm. Onichi's could show up/leave early, but I'd like to move Round 1 back to 12:30pm. The tourney should go until 6pm in this case. Does anyone have a problem with a 12:30 Round 1 start time?

Prizes/for sale items
Let me know, I'll add them to the list.

Last edited by UtahScott; October 22nd, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:37 PM

Re: Utah NHSD 2012: need map volunteers

Apparently my hard drive just fried itself Friday. This makes it more difficult to build maps on my end. Wjscaper is waiting on his back being nice to him again before he's going to commit to maps. I've volunteered for six so far, with ortimus that's 9 of the 16 required. Looks like we'll have an odd number playing at this point.

Last edited by UtahScott; October 21st, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

which maps do you still need made? I think I could fit one in the van on our way down, but I don't have any Marvel terrain. I know one map is not much, but it rounds us up to 10.

Just let me know what map to build and I will bring it. I have all the terrain types: Tundra X1, Lava X1 plus extras, Jungle X1, and RttFF X2. Of master sets I have RotV X3.5, BftU X2, SofM X1

I may be able to squeeze two maps in if you have a really hard time getting people to volunteer.
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I should be able to bring mole hills for sure and maybe one other...though it might not be one of the ones on the list.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM

twigleg2 knows what's in an order marker twigleg2 knows what's in an order marker

I have Mayberry built at my house, as well as Swamp Thing and Frossenmere. I could bring them, but I don't know when I would be able to. I'll be cutting it close even making it on time.

My Trade List

MINIONS of UTGAR

Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll do Mole Hills and Vorago

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM

Post #48, check it for map assignments/updates.
The church will be open at 10:30am for day-of map building, and/or early games. I have extra terrain expansions, if people can just bring a base map.

twigleg2 -- Mayberry & Frossenmere are already built, how about you just bring Swamp Thing? I could pick it up this week before Saturday, if that would help you.

qt.bangerang -- Mole Hills is yours,you spoke first.

The B.I.V. -- Vorago, please (only need one Mole Hills)

Tiranx -- How about you do the second Vorago?

With those assignments added, all we need is a second Stygian Rift (2 BftU), and two Quasatch Playgrounds (2 TJ each). I've got four uncommitted TJ for Quasatch, if people don't have two sets.

Last edited by UtahScott; October 24th, 2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: changed church open time to 10:30am
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:56 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Plan on me bringing Vorago then.
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Driving to work last night. Hit-and-run by a left-turning van that didn't even slow down. Car (temporarily) out of commission, I'm okay. Praying for the insurance gods... (edit) who have come through. Huzzah! Now for the computer gods...

Last edited by UtahScott; October 26th, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM

beisaic knows what's in an order marker beisaic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
which maps do you still need made? I think I could fit one in the van on our way down, but I don't have any Marvel terrain. I know one map is not much, but it rounds us up to 10.

Just let me know what map to build and I will bring it. I have all the terrain types: Tundra X1, Lava X1 plus extras, Jungle X1, and RttFF X2. Of master sets I have RotV X3.5, BftU X2, SofM X1

I may be able to squeeze two maps in if you have a really hard time getting people to volunteer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Driving to work last night. Hit-and-run by a left-turning van that didn't even slow down. Car (temporarily) out of commission, I'm okay. Praying for the insurance gods...
Glad you're ok.

About maps, what do you need me to build? I'm not doing very well with the whole volunteering thing, but I'd be glad to be assigned.

Good trades: BobGrant, SuperflyTNT, MikeR, dragn0422, Rocktroll, Tiranx, majis0, cosmosis, Hilo-scaper, DWK9000, Gurei-Ornery

My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day