Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 9th, 2024, 01:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

But you have to look at the market.

I don't think anyone is making what you see is what you get generic trop games. People are making billions with IP. Hell hasbro is in a win-win with renegade licensing Heroscape IP where I'm sure they get there license fee regardless if it profitable. If your writing the business case you are pushing named cyberpunk pirates and armored bears (his dark materials anyone?) instead of pirates and Russian soldiers from WW2.

Deep throat said "follow the money" more times than not if you want to understand a decision remember that mantra

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 9th, 2024, 01:46 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I am one of the players that did favor historical Earth themed characters and squads. Yet, I do enjoy the sci-fi and fantasy too. I understand the politically sensitive approach for leaning into a more fantasy/Sci-fi mix only for the newer sets, but it would have been even more exciting if we had some historically themed Earth units too. I am all in on the new sets--in large part because I am a completist, but I look forward to sharing this gaming experience with my game club students.
The generic toy box/Toy Story battles will always be something that makes Heroscape stand apart from other games. It is okay to have a mix of serious themes and goofiness that recaptures/relives a time of child-like wonderment.
...like GI Joe and Transformers interacting or the Teenage Mutant Turtles transporting to the Masters of the Universe world.
The unfortunate thing I feel is when the story is too fleshed out, it steals a little thunder from kids having more freedom to create their own stories for play. For adults it is fine for fleshed out stories because we have more easily accept fully packaged entertainment due to the many responsibilities/tasks we have to problem solve/do as adults.
Be it unattended or not, my playtime as a child was much more open to possibilities because I just had starter stories for a lot of my toys and not a far-reaching and intricate lore. He-Man pre-cartoon was better for my child imagination, though I did become a consumer of the variations of published works as an adult. The same for GI Joe. And the same thing applies to Heroscape when I discovered it in 2004 as an adult. The basic starter story tapped into the excitement of a game the opened up a world of story creation by the players...hence all of the countless custom card creations.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; March 9th, 2024 at 02:14 PM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 04:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
...like GI Joe and Transformers interacting or the Teenage Mutant Turtles transporting to the Masters of the Universe world.
There is a system that allows for that.
Old March 9th, 2024, 04:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Skeletor coming to playtesting soon

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2024, 08:43 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
There is a system that allows for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Skeletor coming to playtesting soon
Oh good. I did get all of my Kickstarter Eternia stuff last year, but since then I have had many things to took over what would have been my gaming-hobby time. And I see my Heroscapers message box is full so I may have been missing messages too.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old March 9th, 2024, 08:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No MotU stuff released for C3G yet but we’ve got He-Man, Teela, Orko, Man-at-Arms, Stratos, Man-at-Arms, Battle Cat, Beastman, Scareglow, and Mer-Man done so far. So there should be some stuff coming out this year for sure.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2024, 09:27 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

So He-Man will be in the summer Renegade pre-order then?

(Gentle nudge to bump the thread back on topic.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old March 9th, 2024, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
So He-Man will be in the summer Renegade pre-order then?

(Gentle nudge to bump the thread back on topic.)
The best way to get a thread back on topic is to contribute something of value to that topic. You’ve just started an off-topic conversation about being off-topic instead.

Old March 9th, 2024, 11:15 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They spoke about not using AoA Haslap designs, then showed us Wave 1 which for the most part are the same as what we were shown in previews for the Haslap. It would make sense to me that in testing they found that some of the designs were good as is or with minor tweaks, while others needed to be fully redone. So the simple fixes were slotted for wave one while the rest were set aside for future waves. What do y'all think?
Old March 10th, 2024, 06:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My guess is they discovered creating new designs is not as easy as it sounds and choose to release someone else's work instead of risking this adventure on their own creativity.
Just my speculation.
Old March 10th, 2024, 08:00 AM

Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
They spoke about not using AoA Haslap designs, then showed us Wave 1 which for the most part are the same as what we were shown in previews for the Haslap. It would make sense to me that in testing they found that some of the designs were good as is or with minor tweaks, while others needed to be fully redone. So the simple fixes were slotted for wave one while the rest were set aside for future waves. What do y'all think?
I don't recall this ever being stated. I may be wrong, but I think they said pretty early on that they would initially be releasing all the haslab material.

Good trades with: Warbeast; WarriorPreist; Just_A_Bill; Boromir96; Joecar
Old March 10th, 2024, 08:01 AM

Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My guess is they discovered creating new designs is not as easy as it sounds and choose to release someone else's work instead of risking this adventure on their own creativity.
Just my speculation.
Seems somewhat cynical to think no one at a game studio is up for designing a peice for a game. Seems to me like it just makes more sense to use what a bunch of classic heroscapers designed instead of throwing out good work

Good trades with: Warbeast; WarriorPreist; Just_A_Bill; Boromir96; Joecar

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News