Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:35 PM

manramen22 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Concerned About Army "RULES"

Now one common accepted battle format is using 500-point armies, and at an all-weekend event, I played a number of games with this format, but 2 people shot me down basically when they informed that "you have to use all of one color (meaning faction like Utgar or Vydar).

Later when I confronted the person in charge of the games he didn't fuss he said it wasn't a big deal, but for me it is as i shouldn't be forced to play a rule that i feel isn't an official rule, but a 'house' rule.

Is this rule true? Or not? One side states it's implied in the Swarm of Marro rulebook on page 3 (missing from the pdf version on this site) while the other side (meaning me) states that both the rulebook picture examples and certain characters imply otherwise. Is there indeed such a rule? Or is it a 'house' rule? Thanks bunches for whoever can help me on this matter.
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Concerned About Army "RULES"

It's not official, but it's a common house rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by manramen22 View Post
Now one common accepted battle format is using 500-point armies, and at an all-weekend event, I played a number of games with this format, but 2 people shot me down basically when they informed that "you have to use all of one color (meaning faction like Utgar or Vydar).

Later when I confronted the person in charge of the games he didn't fuss he said it wasn't a big deal, but for me it is as i shouldn't be forced to play a rule that i feel isn't an official rule, but a 'house' rule.

Is this rule true? Or not? One side states it's implied in the Swarm of Marro rulebook on page 3 (missing from the pdf version on this site) while the other side (meaning me) states that both the rulebook picture examples and certain characters imply otherwise. Is there indeed such a rule? Or is it a 'house' rule? Thanks bunches for whoever can help me on this matter.
It is not a requirment, but the event coordinator has final say at his events. However, any special considerations should be made kown to everyone upfront.
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:44 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In the SOTM master set you have 5 heroes from 4 different generals so that rule can not possibly be implied anywhere in the master set.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 12th, 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Unless Sonlen is being used, he kicks marro butt every time. I hate him.
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It is not a requirment, but the event coordinator has final say at his events. However, any special considerations should be made kown to everyone upfront.
Right. If I were going to an event, I'd expect that the coordinator make it well know what format was being used. If it's not stated anywhere, then how can they expect to hold participants to that rule. Otherwise, there is nothing that says you have to have your army follow one general.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:54 AM

Charlemagne7 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My gaming group always plays by the story-implied "rule" that each player chooses either the Great Alliance or Utgar (or Valkrill once Wave 13 is released.) It may not be an official rule, but it just makes sense to me.

Of course there's always exceptions to the "rule." We basically just make allowances for the game's storyline. (An example = Say you're playing an Utgar army that includes Kurrok the Elementalist. You'd be able to include Elementals from any general on your army, since Kurrok is controlling them.)
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

I'm not even sure how they could have come up with that "rule" in the first place, as the rule books make pretty clear that you can mix and match generals.
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Nivik23 is surprisingly tart

The only way that picking from a single general could be remotely thought of as being implicated by page 3 of the marro manual (have it in my hands) is that they show an example of picking an army in the EXAMPLE it says "You have chosen an Evil Army..." and then shows 3 marro cards that the player chose in the example.
Old September 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

From what I remember, that rule exists in the baisic game Makes you wonder.....
Though it is a common 'special' rule in tournaments, if it doesnt say that in the tournament description, it is assumed that your army can be mixed general.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D rulebook
Army Card colors: In the Master Game, the loyalties of good and evil warriors may become neutral or even shift to the other side; therefore, your Army can include Army Cards of mixed colors.
If it is a General Wars-like event, the tourney director can restrict armies to General soecific armies. In general play, they can be mixed and matched.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Consider it an Event or Scenario Rule, in temporary effect for the particular game or gathering. For example, in my group we rotate having a member as the Game Master In Charge. That person designs the scenario and victory conditions, the map, and the army restrictions and point levels.

But of course, we all have veto power, and don't do anything that makes any of us really uncomfortable. It also includes deciding whether you'll allow Marvel or Custom figures, or perhaps proxies of new sets for which you have the cards from previews but not the actual figures (or these days you may have the D&D Minis on a different base).

But no, its not an official rule. It might have been if all of the bonding and other synergies were always restricted to Army Cards with the same general, but they are not. And you can be very creative if you mix Utgar with the Allies in your armies, too (although I usually don't).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's