Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Hexes in Texas 2011: A National Heroscape Day Event - 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramillohector View Post
Smokey's Lament looks tough, but very fun. I cant wait to play on these maps. Is there an age limit on who can play in the tournament i have a nephew who is still learning to play he is nine years old. I dont know if he is ready yet, but i just wanted to know if it was even a possibility.
We've never instituted an age limit. It just depends on the kid. If he's patient enough to spend a whole day playing Heroscape I don't think there will be any objection.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Smokey's Lament looks tough, but very fun. I cant wait to play on these maps. Is there an age limit on who can play in the tournament i have a nephew who is still learning to play he is nine years old. I dont know if he is ready yet, but i just wanted to know if it was even a possibility.
We've never instituted an age limit. It just depends on the kid. If he's patient enough to spend a whole day playing Heroscape I don't think there will be any objection.

Thank you i will let him know. And i will keep playing heroscape with him to try to get him ready. I wouldn't want to to hold anyone up. I would welcome any ideas on what would be a fun and user friendly army for him to learn with.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Thank you i will let him know. And i will keep playing heroscape with him to try to get him ready. I wouldn't want to to hold anyone up. I would welcome any ideas on what would be a fun and user friendly army for him to learn with.
I've seen young kids do great with the gladiator army. It's very straightforward and actually very strong.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm not a Texan, but...

My only regret, bringing my kid out at age 10, is that I didn't start sooner. There are a couple kids in our area who started before 10 - ages 8, or 7, maybe - and did fine.

Dignan is of course correct: he needs to be able to spend a day playing 'Scape. But in my small sample group (not just me, but pretty close), the dads who weren't sure ended up regretting not starting sooner.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:04 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

Thanks for your help guys. I will build a gladiator army for him to start battling with and hopefully i can have him ready.
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Re: Hexes in Texas 2011: DATE CHANGED - 10/22

ATTENTION

Due a scheduling oversight on my end, we need to move the event back one week to October 22nd. I'm very sorry for having to move this and I hope everyone is still able to make it.

Old September 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds good to me. Also, opinions on the new c3v set?
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Sounds good to me. Also, opinions on the new c3v set?
It looks cool. Maybe we'll have a game day over the winter using them.

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I'm out.

That's the same day as the JDRF* Walk for the Cure. Have fun guys.

* Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; September 16th, 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: And I had THE army, too...
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

this sucks....lets just have two NHSD events?

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Well, I'm out.

That's the same day as the JDRF* Walk for the Cure. Have fun guys.

* Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Arrggg....

I'm sorry man. That sucks.

Old September 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Attendees
  1. Dignan
  2. jaramillohector
  3. Moonwalker
  4. Raven
  5. Unnamed Warrior
  6. fencerjared
  7. R˙chean
  8. Tmac
  9. Tmac's Dad
  10. Annubianwolf88
  11. zuko
  12. BroInLaw

I'm out as well--family coming in from out of town to go to the Texas State Fair for the day.

I'll check with BroInlaw as he still can't seem to figure out how to connect to this interweb thing...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day