Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Hexes in Texas 2013 - An NHSD event

No worries....I'm just bringing all of it and I'm not using any of the units you mentioned.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
No worries....I'm just bringing all of it and I'm not using any of the units you mentioned.
Thank you so much! so then what are you using...

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

There are a couple of Romans builds that seem strong given these parameters. Also dividers have been doing well in the games amongst dignan, DrL, and myself. I'd actually like to play venocs but I don't like any of the builds I've come up with so far. Dignan slapped me silly with some microcorps last week.

So, yeah, not sure yet. I just know that I am not considering any of the units you mentioned. I'm not discounting those units or the builds you can make with them by any means; just saying I'm considering something different.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Look at next post.

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .

Last edited by Rexmax2; October 18th, 2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Because I hate Atlaga
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Joseph King, Retired

OK! Finally here is exactly what I need and IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!..[dumb friends]

4 sets of deathchasers with card
Nerak with card
2 sets of heavy gruts
Me burq Sa with card
2 sets of 4th mass
4 sets of ashra

Thank you so much and I am sorry for my ridiculous friends

Jokes Everyday
Quote:

Last edited by Rexmax2; October 18th, 2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: I cannot count
Old October 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in, please add me to the roster!

Old October 19th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joseph King, Retired

When do you think the tournament will end? Approximately

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Attendee list:

1.R˙chean
2.rym (maybe)
3.Tmac2200
4.Old-man Macklin
5. Rexmax2
6. Crazybarks123
7. nathanathonius
8. Valcor
9. conor
10.caderade
11. Dignan
12. LightBringer
13. Velenne (maybe)
14. LightBringer's Brother (maybe)
15. Light Bringer's nephew (maybe)
16. DrLivingston
17. Cheddarlimbo[/QUOTE]

Added Cheddarlimbo and dropped BroInLaw.

I would bet it ends between 5 and 6.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a really great time seeing everyone again! Thanks to R˙chean, and Dignan for setting this up and also to Dr L for bringing maps.

I ran with:
Axegrinders x 4
Migol Ironwill
Theracus
Eldgrim

Axegrinders aren't restricted (I could have sworn they were on the list...), so I toyed with the idea of x5 Axegrinders. I ended up taking Theracus and Eldgrim along for Glyph control. It's hard to say if it was the right move. In two of my games I played getting an early move glyph was pretty huge, allowing me to run in with Move 8 Dwarves. But in the other two games, I ended up not needing them at all, and in one match 4 extra Dwarves would have been just what I needed to put the nail in Charos' coffin.

Special props to Remax and the New Guard that showed up out of nowhere - you guys did a great job and it was nice to see some new faces.

A few sportsmanship tips for the new guys (these will probably make me come off like an nag/old man/ass, but whatever!). And please understand I say these things because it was GREAT to see so many new players, and it would be even GREATER to see you guys again!
  • The legitimacy of Stinger Denial is - even to this day - a topic of great debate. Whether or not your opponent will honor it is a toss up, but I can guarantee that insisting on it is a great way to make sure your opponent will show you no quarter. If you really want to try that - go ahead. But even if you can deny that one space that one time, in the long run it's going to work out badly for you.
  • When you roll your dice, roll them all at once, and roll them into something, or into a specific area of the table. Don't roll them one at a time, and don't try to knock your previously rolled dice into something else to get a better result. We can all tell what you're doing, and it's not cool.
  • Calling someone a cheater is a big deal. Some people ARE cheaters, and need to be called out on it. But a lot of times, there are legitimate mistakes, or misinterpretations. It happens to everyone, so just make sure you know what you're talking about before you throw that word around.
  • We trash talk a lot, but you need to know your audience when you do that. Busting your pal's chops is one thing. Getting into a stranger's face is totally different. So be graceful about winning AND losing. Both are equally important.
/old fart rant

And finally, congratulations to Rym on the first place win, which I say with no veiled sarcasm or other implied commentary on his choice of army. He won, and he earned it!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; October 21st, 2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I didn't see a single Raelin... Didn't miss her.
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

I agree! This was fun, even if it was my worst performance at any tournament, it was still a blast. I had a by round one, lost to Dignan and Livingstone, then finally I won one game by beating my nephew. But this proves that success is not a requirement for fun.

Thanks for continuing to put these events on. I hope to attend the next one in March? .
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Sorry Cheddarlimbo and all the other people at the tournament for my friends behavior. I have already spoken to them about it. Also I am guilty of rolling the dice into one another but now know that it is frowned upon and will not do it again on purpose. Sorry once again to all of those affected by any of these things and will be glad to join in on the next tournament whenever it is

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Old September 12th, 2014, 09:00 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

FYI, I've posted the new thread for 2014 up in the NHSD sub forum.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day