Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old October 8th, 2023, 07:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
It would be nice to see reprints, even if they were new sculpts and unpainted - it would just be nice to have older units available to new players.
Agreed, it was not Heroscape's original intention that it be a collectible game. According to the new statements by Renegade though, reprints will not be happening. Sad, but not surprising. Even when the game was still in production I appreciated the re-releases of past waves, but doubted that it was a sustainable business model in the long run, even for a giant like Hasbro.

If this revival succeeds, it will be interesting to see how this "no reprint" policy will affect the competitive scene, which may find itself split into camps of haves and have-nots.
Old October 8th, 2023, 08:44 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If 3d printing of old stuff is generally allowed and the cards can just be printed out, isn't that good enough? I don't know if it's officially allowed, but I know some people have been doing it already anyway, especially for the special event released figures like Agent Skahen or especially is it Samuel Jackson? I personally haven't done this but I have no problem playing against people that do, even in a tournament setting.
Old October 8th, 2023, 09:29 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
It would be nice to see reprints, even if they were new sculpts and unpainted - it would just be nice to have older units available to new players.
Agreed, it was not Heroscape's original intention that it be a collectible game. According to the new statements by Renegade though, reprints will not be happening. Sad, but not surprising. Even when the game was still in production I appreciated the re-releases of past waves, but doubted that it was a sustainable business model in the long run, even for a giant like Hasbro.

If this revival succeeds, it will be interesting to see how this "no reprint" policy will affect the competitive scene, which may find itself split into camps of haves and have-nots.

That's a good point, the older players with complete collections will have more possibilities for army builder, allowing them to more optimally find the right synergies for a particular strategy.
There may be different types of tournaments and events that are renegade only, classic only, mixed, etc. like we see now with the VC stuff.
Old October 8th, 2023, 11:12 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:

That's a good point, the older players with complete collections will have more possibilities for army builder, allowing them to more optimally find the right synergies for a particular strategy.
There may be different types of tournaments and events that are renegade only, classic only, mixed, etc. like we see now with the VC stuff.
I've been catching up on yesterday's presentation, and a quick check of our official information thread seems to confirm that multiple formats will be Renegade's exact strategy. Classic units might be relegated to side events, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Scott: Somebody asked, will there be efforts made to make sure that people who can’t access old figures can stay competitive?

Uh, yeah, that’s real easy with different tournament formats and things like that. We would never run for example, a major tournament and say that you have to have figures that are out of print and not available to everybody, would be legal in that sort of an event. But that doesn’t mean we can’t run some events that also allow classic figures. So we’ll try to take care of everybody, and again, it’s all about fun. So lots of different tournament formats and stuff like that.
Old October 9th, 2023, 06:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This new environment may encourage group buying strategies of the new stuff. Here at The New York City Gang of Four, where I'm the physical host for our games, most of the five of us own almost all of the Classic product, and I've been gifted all of the VC cards on cardboard stock. Since we have minimal participation in the tournament scene, we also borrow figures from each other as necessary for our monthly custom scenarios.

Its a standard practice in nonScape game clubs for different individuals to collect different mini armies for the major nations in a particular conflict. In a like manner, now for both figures/cards and terrain, different people could buy different product, and make it all available to the group.

Recently one of us moved into a smaller apartment and got rid of his stuff, selling or gifting most of it to the rest of us or others. Some of us have large collections of nonScape figures from other games that we can use as proxies as needed. Examples include Star Wars figures and Heroclix. And some of the committee approved minis for VC cards. This has allowed me to come up with proxies for all of the unofficial versions of the new AOA designs for my Age of Annihilation Revival Project, which you can check out on our thread linked below in my signature line. This has allowed us to already be playing games with all the Hasbro Offering AOA stuff using cards by Anitar and/or myself. (Only recently did I see there is a group working on this also, which started out before the Renegade Revival announcement. See New Generation Customs here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=62319. Since the Renegade announcement, they are now working on their own new AOA Customs only). Their stuff is in the Customs section (New Heroscape Cards and Figures) rather than the new AOA section. Although they are using Discord and also put up their own site, there are links to it all there.

It appears that the new types of product, finally including terrain packs and possibly faction card/mini packs, will make this strategy of coordinated buying of the new (and relatively expensive, whether painted or not) game equipment. Another possibility would be chipping in together for largers sets so the group can have access to them.

Last edited by chas; October 10th, 2023 at 05:17 AM.
Old October 9th, 2023, 04:41 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My strategy for deciding what new Heroscape stuff to buy is if it has the word Heroscape on it, I'll buy it.

At least as long as I can still afford this storage unit for my Heroscape product that most people call a house.
Old October 9th, 2023, 07:10 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Its interesting that they will be putting out an application to playtest. I
Cool. I missed that. Did they say where? I'm not excited to learn how Discord works, but I will if I have to.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 9th, 2023, 08:26 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Cool. I missed that. Did they say where? I'm not excited to learn how Discord works, but I will if I have to.
Playtest Application Form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...12279944852591

Last edited by UtahScott; October 9th, 2023 at 11:28 PM.
Old October 9th, 2023, 11:05 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Heh, same here. It's a big jumbled mess to me, can't follow anything.

-insert signature here-
Old October 10th, 2023, 06:17 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It got me. Save yourselves.
Old October 10th, 2023, 04:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Heh, same here. It's a big jumbled mess to me...
This.
Old October 10th, 2023, 05:41 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Heh, same here. It's a big jumbled mess to me...
This.
Join the discord. Right click on the Playtesters discord. Edit server profile. Server nickname: Change to real name.

Go to nda. Scroll to top. Fill out the link for signing the nda. Put a thumbs up.

Go to code of conduct. Put a thumbs up.

Hope this helps! Good seeing you around Porkins!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News