Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 28th, 2023, 04:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Customs - New Unit 4/27/23

I agree that it's a great unit. I would start playtesting him at 100 points instead of 120 but otherwise great job!

Old April 29th, 2023, 11:46 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I agree that it's a great unit. I would start playtesting him at 100 points instead of 120 but otherwise great job!
Yeah, we actually dialed him down a little bit. He was originally at 5 wounds and had Imperceptible Strike 11 instead of 13. He can be very powerful against certain armies and of course will fair less well against large cheap ranged mass.

In the end, I don't want to make a figure overpowered. I'd rather him be a B figure, rather than A+.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 30th, 2023, 07:30 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll join in with the chorus: a super fun design that looks very well done!

The photograph of him is just epic.
Old April 30th, 2023, 11:45 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Really nice unit! Samurai can always use fun pieces.
Old September 28th, 2023, 02:39 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Customs - New Unit 9/28/23

Update 9/28/23

One of the Patreon Studios I subscribe to came out with a great dwarven bannerman sculpt. As soon as I saw it, I had to make a custom unit for it. I don't have an Aquilla flag bearer, so I thought he would fit the bill. In the games we've tested him in so far, he has been very unique and powerful. I may have to dial him back a little. Each game I find that his ability has a new trick up its sleeve. Its definitely fun to play with.

The mini is from Artisan Guild. They did a great job with the sculpt. I had to print it at 90% as it is a little too large for Heroscape scale as is.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object...adar-ii-292541

Unit: Balin Heartsong

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; March 31st, 2024 at 08:59 PM. Reason: updated new card based on feedback
Old September 28th, 2023, 06:16 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That sculpt fits in exceptionally well! The design is also quite fun.

I will say that Tactical Advantage does create some weird effects: could enemy figures adjacent to Balin not be chomped by your own Grimnak?

Also, I really like the name. It sounds like a Heroscape name.
Old September 28th, 2023, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
That sculpt fits in exceptionally well! The design is also quite fun.
Yeah, I really loved the sculpt. Heroscape has an exaggerated design aesthetic that I think this mini captures well. It really looks heroic.

Quote:
I will say that Tactical Advantage does create some weird effects: could enemy figures adjacent to Balin not be chomped by your own Grimnak?
Yeah, its an unorthodox ability, but so far I've liked how it fits in with the dwarves. It also makes you want to move Balin into the fray and put him at risk to get the bonus. Hopefully it doesn't break anything

Quote:
Also, I really like the name. It sounds like a Heroscape name.
Thanks, I was trying to follow the theme of the other dwarf heroes.

Old September 28th, 2023, 06:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Looks like a fun take on an Aquilla flagbearer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
In the games we've tested him in so far, he has been very unique and powerful. I may have to dial him back a little. Each game I find that his ability has a new trick up its sleeve. Its definitely fun to play with.
Yeah, powers that allow a player to move their opponent's figures can be tricky to balance. They allow for a lot of creative tactics, but those can be very map dependent.

Also, Tactical Advantage seems a somewhat generic name for such an Axegrinder-specific power.
Old September 28th, 2023, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
In the games we've tested him in so far, he has been very unique and powerful. I may have to dial him back a little. Each game I find that his ability has a new trick up its sleeve. Its definitely fun to play with.
Yeah, powers that allow a player to move their opponent's figures can be tricky to balance. They allow for a lot of creative tactics, but those can be very map dependent.
Yeah, luckily there are two dials to adjust on the ability (dice and range). I think the easiest is shorten the range. His effect has been hit and miss. Sometimes it seems huge and sometimes it's not a big deal. It really depends on the map and the matchup. We'll continue playing him and see if I need to issue a 2.0 version.

Quote:
Also, Tactical Advantage seems a somewhat generic name for such an Axegrinder-specific power.
Yeah, I was trying to play off of the "Fearless Advantage" ability on the Axegrinders. I was trying to come up with something like "discover weakspot" or "Bolster Allies". I just couldn't come up with something I loved. I will keep thinking on it.

Old October 16th, 2023, 11:37 AM

Thinking about Tactical Advantage again, how about this?
Quote:
TACTICAL ADVANTAGE
When using the Fearless Advantage power on any Army Card, all small or medium enemy figures adjacent to Balin Heartsong (typo) are considered to be Large.
Since it now only applies to the Fearless Advantage power, this eliminates the possibility of the power having weird effects with Chomp, Acid Breath, Zombies Rise Again, and the like.

Also, what do you think of the name "Fearless Inspiration"?

I still can't get over how great that sculpt fits.
Old October 16th, 2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Thinking about Tactical Advantage again, how about this?
Quote:
TACTICAL ADVANTAGE
When using the Fearless Advantage power on any Army Card, all small or medium enemy figures adjacent to Balin Heartsong (typo) are considered to be Large.
Since it now only applies to the Fearless Advantage power, this eliminates the possibility of the power having weird effects with Chomp, Acid Breath, Zombies Rise Again, and the like.

Also, what do you think of the name "Fearless Inspiration"?

I still can't get over how great that sculpt fits.
Love the feedback on both of those. That change to the ability text really cleans up any concern that might be caused in play and the name fits much better. Thanks for the input and reply. I'll get an update to the card here shortly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards