Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, it appears to come with its own dice tower. Sweet!

Edit: Okay, it's not quite a dice tower, but a mechanism to further randomize the luck factor of dice.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc

Edit: Okay, it's not quite a dice tower, but a mechanism to further randomize the luck factor of dice.
I don't think you use it for the dice. I think its for the cubes in the game. You put all the cubes in the tower that are involved in a battle, some of them get stuck in there and some of them come through or something like that. Not sure exactly how it works as I haven't played the game, but I have read enough to get that general gist of the tower...
Old October 22nd, 2006, 01:38 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc

I don't think you use it for the dice. I think its for the cubes in the game. You put all the cubes in the tower that are involved in a battle, some of them get stuck in there and some of them come through or something like that. Not sure exactly how it works as I haven't played the game, but I have read enough to get that general gist of the tower...
From what I read, it's designed to actually trap some of the cubes and then release them during subsequent uses. It would make for more random results.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:52 PM

peterm has disabled reputation
Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too. I think you use it in the battles. With that system, if you drop your cubes in and not much comes out so you lose that battle, you can think that your odds for the next one are better given that you still have cubes left in it.
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Yup, that's exactly what it is. Queen first used it in Im Zeichen des Kreuzes, which was a fun game for 60 mintutes followed by a 15 minute endgame that sucked. Completely.

Then they used it for Walenstein. Which was a much better game.

Launched last week was Shogun. Same tower, same mechanics as Wallenstein, but with a samurai theme. Not played it yet (I have a copy upstairs), and as I bought back about 50 games from Germany this weekend, it will have to wait its turn.

BTW, if you like Wallenstein, the new Warfrog game, Perikles, is similar but better IMO.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games