Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 24th, 2023, 01:04 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Warmonium - A Heroscape-like game

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Have you still been playing Warmonium? What do you think? I see it's on sale today.
To piggyback off of what caps said, I don't think most of the figures in Warmonium are too terrain dependant. I'd compare the average WM figure to scapes Nerak: they work very well even while not in their preferred terrain. IIRC most of the terrain bonuses amount to one of either +1 attack OR +1 defense, and in a game where even the weakest figures have like 10 life and 4 defense, the terrain bonuses seem quite minor. Luckily, a few of the champions can create hexes of their favored type with their abilities, so their squads aren't all completely dependent on the map for those terrain-based buffs.

The most "broken" (use that lightly for now) terrain related thing is 1 champion who literally glides across water for free (0 move cost, so if you have 20 water tiles in a row, she can move across all 20 of those and then begin spending her actual movement number.) However, she is range 1 and susceptible to LEAs, so she's quite mild, but hilarious when you can scoot across a huge portion of a map because of a line of water tiles, which normally cost 2 move per space.

I was just talking to one of the devs last night, they are releasing skirmish AI for the game and a horde mode within the next week. So, players can fight an AI with various difficulty settings for fun while the game exits the alpha (150-200 alpha players from various parts of the world, so finding "randoms" is quite a dice roll right now.) Horde mode sounded interesting, but I have no clue what comes in it, sounds like you build an army with X number of points and then every few turns more enemies spawn on the map to try and kill you.

Anyway, $10 for a game that seems to be inspired by Heroscape (and has its own original characters + abilities) is worth it to me. Supposedly, there will be a campaign with lore and ****, but that's coming later this year, I believe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games