Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 10th, 2015, 11:39 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flameslayer Customs

Tialos Immortals
I feel like I'm getting deja vu looking at these guys. Maybe I was just about to comment on them before and didn't submit. They are certainly interesting and can pack a punch between cleave and 4 attack for a 4 figure squad, but they are almost completely useless against ranged attacks with only 3 move. Undying 13 is an interesting and potentially swingy power that can keep them around if you draft a lot and get lucky, but I suspect most armies will just run circles around these guys and carve a steady swath through them.

Untherdrum Talos
This guy is interesting but will also have issues. A move of 2 means that his special attack is his only real way of getting around, but even then he doesn't have all that much survivability to hold when he gets there. Reliably bringing back immortals and moving them up is probably his most useful abilities, but that still deprives you of any attacks. Maybe you could load up on him and have a slowly moving and self-replacing tide of immortals to eventually close with the enemy and cut them to ribbons. That's the only real way I can see the army working, where it his cost will heavily depend on how well that concept actually works. It's definitely a very cool and thematic idea, I just wonder if the moves are just too low to work in practice. I'd think you'd want more than two squads of immortals to have as mass as possible to weather what will be steady losses.

King Themedes
He's pretty slow as well. Even heavily armored heroes will still typically have 5 move so it feels a little out of place on him, although I suppose that is mitigated by Trudge. He's otherwise a solid and powerful hero, although lack of bonding may be okay for his cost. Gram Crush is a very cool and potent power that gives him a nice shot to hopefully ruin an important hero's day.
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for commenting Ixe!

Immortals:
Yeah, I'm not sure how they're going to play. If I have to, I can up their move scores by 1 (for standard play anyways... They are meant to be dreadfully slow in the campaign).

King Themedes:
I have no issue with buffing his move by a point. At least it'll put him in the lead as far as movement goes (except for the Valkyrie who I'm still working on).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 10th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looking forward to your Valkyrie. I assume all these slow-moving units are for the same scenario. Perhaps you could post that special scenario as well? It sounds like it might be pretty interesting.

King Themedes looks really cool, but his Special Attack's wording is confusing. Does the enemy not roll defense dice, or do the auto-wounds stack on top of the attack for 6? Like if you rolled a 3 and they rolled 1 shield they'd receive 5 wounds for 3 skulls and 2 hits?

~TAF, confused with himself as always

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 11th, 2015, 06:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It works like Pelloth's special attack, in the damage dealing catagory. Skulls deal automatic wounds, but otherwise no other dice are rolled.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 4th, 2015, 09:40 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Greater Earth Elemental)

The elementalist was knocked on his rear from the force of the explosion. He wasn't hurt, but his pets had been destroyed.

"Achathar yur mushallos!"

Suddenly, the ground erupted and a Greater Earth Elemental was called. The being held steady against the missiles of the fast approaching Soulborg.

"I must leave you, but fear not, because nothing will break your resolve!"

Greater Earth Elemental
Einar
Elemental
Uncommon Hero
Construct
Resolute
Large 8 (single spaced)

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Fissure: Instead of attacking normally with this Greater Earth Elemental you may choose a non flying figure within 4 spaces of this Greater Earth Elemental and roll the 20 sided die. For each space that figure is away from this Elemental, subtract 1 from the die roll. On a 17 or higher that figure is destroyed.
Bulwark 6: After taking a turn with this Elemental, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this army card to give this Greater Earth Elemental an additional 6 dice to its Defense until the next time you would take a turn with it.
Underground Movement: ~ (from normal earth elemental)

140 points
Mini: Greater Earth Elemental (Pathfinders)

A VERY hard to kill unit, but without much offensive punch he won't do a whole lot. While a double spaced figure would make for a much nicer wall, this guy should be good enough at holding most chokepoints. Units who can easily cut through his defense, or avoid it altogether, will get the biggest metagame boost. Tinker-tots with little attack but large numbers will have a hard time against this bastard though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Sithis)

Two in one day! :shocked:

No fancy or silly backstory here, just a bad troll who bonds with spiders.

Sithis
Utgar
Troll
Unique Hero
Predator
Wicked
Large 8

Life 8
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

Double Attack: ~
Regenerate: ~

120 points

His cost seems high (30 more than a Feral Troll, after all), but his boosted base stats, along with bonding and double attack make him a bit more worth it. Of course, most of the time you'd rather spring for something more tactical, but hey, this guy is simple muscle.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not that I know any better but here ye are anyhow:

Greater Earth Elemental: Fissure's pretty strong up close, just as good as Sudema up close really and for a much more durable figure. It don't work on dragons though. Bulwark 6 is pretty crazy powerful. Good thing he doesn't have any sort of Ice Spikes power. Does the wording of "would take a turn with him" mean that it only lasts one turn? Because if not than he's pretty much invincible while he's standing around. Good thing he only gets in one attack per OM. Use Goblins, maybe?

Sithis: A neato combination of Krug and Feral Troll. I have no idea why he bonds with Spiders, but I guess that's better than giving the Death Chasers another good bonding option.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 5th, 2015, 05:56 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Not that I know any better but here ye are anyhow:

Greater Earth Elemental: Fissure's pretty strong up close, just as good as Sudema up close really and for a much more durable figure. It don't work on dragons though. Bulwark 6 is pretty crazy powerful. Good thing he doesn't have any sort of Ice Spikes power. Does the wording of "would take a turn with him" mean that it only lasts one turn? Because if not than he's pretty much invincible while he's standing around. Good thing he only gets in one attack per OM. Use Goblins, maybe?

Sithis: A neato combination of Krug and Feral Troll. I have no idea why he bonds with Spiders, but I guess that's better than giving the Death Chasers another good bonding option.

~TAF
Because the heaviest piece of Predator Bonding I actually own is Wyvern. Fork over one of those extra AA's brutha!

Bulwark lasts until you decide blockhead wants to move. A 140 point block had better be hard to move though . On the Sudema part, we have her modified to get +3 when she is adjacent to her target, still making her the superior option. But, the Elemental does -not- not to see his mark, useful when besieging a castle.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
I could go

Idk how to spell Sarcophagaus w/out looking it up.

Saturday is 'Scape night, primarily to practice for the tournement next week, but also to play for fun. I want to bust these guys out.

Coffin of the Damned
Valkrill
Uncommon Hero
Bound Object
Mindless
Protector
Medium 4

5 Life
4 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
3 Defense

Protect Undead Master: After moving and before attacking with this Coffin of the Damned, you may place an adjacent undead figure you control on this army card. Only 1 figure may be placed on this army card in this way. When this coffin is destroyed, you may place the undead figure on the space it was on previously and move it normally immediately.
Cursed Walls: After taking a turn with this Coffin, you must roll the 20 sided die once for each figure adjacent to it. On a 17 or higher, that figure takes a wound.

50 points

This guy is really only for squishy Undead Heroes who need to get into position to use their really strong powers (SUDEMA!!!). As the only way to get your figure back out is by making the coffin die, it does create for some funky scenarios. Intentionally claiming lava rock spaces or skydiving is appealing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; March 7th, 2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: +10
Old April 13th, 2015, 09:53 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Rolad)

The moon turns pale and shades fly into the battle, glowing an abnormal color. The Izumi Samurai are taken aback. What madness is this? Suddenly a Shade places his hand on their captain's shoulder.

"You really made Rolad mad when you killed that Shambler you know?"

The ghost disappeared, but the Samurai ran as fast as he could.

"Not fast enough!" A shrill voice calls, as an army of Zombies trips the terrified Samurai. They fall upon him.

Rolad Stilhiss
Utgar
Lich
Lord
Unique Hero
Terrifying
Feylund
Medium 4

Life 5
Move 5
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Curse of the Dead: After taking a turn with Rolad, you may choose to use Curse of the Dead. Roll the 20 sided die. On a 1, place a wound marker on this Army Card. On a 2-11, place a previously destroyed Undead Squad figure on a space within 6 clear sight spaces and adjacent to at least 2 other figures from the same squad. On a 12-18, place 2 previously destroyed Undead Squad figures from the same squad on spaces within 6 clear sight spaces and adjacent to at least 1 squad figure from the same squad. On a 19 or higher, place 3 previously destroyed Undead Squad figures from the same squad adjacent to each other and within 6 clear sight spaces. If you cannot place all of the Squad Figures, you cannot place any at all. Then you may take a turn with that squad. You must activate the figures placed during this turn. Figures placed by Curse of the Dead are destroyed at the end of this turn.

140 points

A very wordy, but interesting power. Is the hard restrictions worth his cost? At least he can shoot an ice spike miles and miles away...

Unit notes:
Supposed to be good with Skeletons of Annentillia as you can attempt to use their Necromancy ability even after bringing them back with Curse of the Dead.
Should be alright with Zombies of Morindan. Zombies brought back by Zombies Rise Again aren't killed by Curse of the Dead, allowing you to recouperate.
Shades of Bleakewood who are brought back with Curse of the Dead *do* get to use Soul Devour... Provided you placed them adjacent to a hero.
Phantom Knights can hit hard with a full squad again. Otherwise, they don't get any wacky boosts. Downsides to not being a Feylund Undead?
Tomb Skeletons can be made a bit more moderate, but otherwise this guy is just a thematic hero for them.
Allows for large and huge undead squads! I need Skeletal Lancers lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:42 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Xavien)

Thunder strikes, and a tree is felled
Never mind the lost treasure
Your virtues shall be removed
And I will destroy you with equal measure

-Xavian

Xavian
Utgar
Drow
Unique Hero
Wizard
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 2

Hide in Darkness: ~
Lolth's Unforgiving Loyalty: Instead of attacking, you may choose a small or medium enemy figure within 6 spaces of Xavian and roll the 20 sided die. If the figure is a squad figure, on an 11 or higher remove that figure from the board and immediately replace it with a previously destroyed Common Drow Squad figure you control. If the figure is a hero, on a 20 remove the figure from the board and immediately replace it with a previously destroyed Common Drow Squad figure.

160 points

Design notes:
Lolth's Unforgiving Loyalty does not require LoS... Xavian can feel potential convert's through walls and tunnels! Heroes beware.

Xavian is a defensive powerhouse for the Drow Army. Being able to destroy an enemy squad figure and turn it back into one of your own Deepwyrm Drow is pretty potent, but there is a 50% the spell will flop. I wouldn't think of it as Necromantic powers, but rather magical transformation. Doesn't work on large and huge figures, which is a shame.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:36 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Xavian can be pretty powerful in the right situations. If we could activate 2 Drow heroes with 1 OM, we could do some nasty stuff. First, park Pelloth and Xavian in shadow and wait. Xavian hits a squad, turns the guy into a Drow, and then Pelloth explodes Drow right in the middle of the clump. I like this guy's theme and power, only hold up is 2 defense, but I guess 6 life makes up for that. Great job Flameslayer!

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards