Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 18th, 2008, 05:31 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo
I just beat 2 on expert, so now I have beat all the main ones now gotta work on jordan. Would work on 3, but I sent it in for an audioi update. Anyways, anyone got tips for jordan? I fail on solo c because I have to use starpower on b.
This didn't exactly work for me, but a few people I know said to use two fingers for all of Solo B and some parts of Solo C, mostly the trills.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:32 AM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Guitar Hero On Tour, for the DS?!?!?!?!?

http://kotaku.com/369971/the-guitar-...teaser-trailer
Old March 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I just played in a little mini-tournament yesterday, and realized that I really, really suck at this game when I can't sit down while playing. My buddies all sit down when they play too, but that wasn't even allowed at the tourney. You had to stand and use the awkward little strap. Lame.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11

Yeah, it's true, but I thought it would've been better if the neck came out of the side of the DS, this way seems a little difficult to handle.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
I thought it would have been better with 5 (or even 6) frets

I'm more excited about Guitar Hero: Aerosmith anyway...
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
To those who play on the Wii, guitars are now available separate. I saw one at Wal-Mart today, priced at $69.92, which isn't really worth it IMO, because for an extra 20 dollars, you get a second copy of a 50 dollar game and a 70 dollar guitar (which has already come in handy for me; my first copy crapped out, so I just popped open my second copy).
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:35 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11

That looks hard to play. Does anyone know when it comes out?
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Offical Guitar Hero series thread

GH4 is looking like it will be fun. A lot like Rock Band, but still fun. Details are-

Vocals, bass, guitar, and drums are all in it.
No more licensed guitars (No more Xplorer)
Unique bass controller (not just another guitar)
Drums have thread pads, a pedal, and two cymbals. Pic seen here
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/zygote7/5.jpg
All tracks supposed to be masters
Van Halen, Eagles, Sublime, and Linkin Park are going to be in it.
Ability to create characters, and play as the previous ones. (Clive is back)
World tour like rockband
You can make your own songs in it
"Easy rhythm" mode, just strumming along, no frets.
Old guitars still work.
Boss battles are back and altered. GH3 battles still available for multiplayer though.
More real people in it
Every instrument is wireless out of the box
Open strums for bass

That about sums it up.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepybluemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
GH4 is looking like it will be fun. A lot like Rock Band, but still fun. Details are-

Vocals, bass, guitar, and drums are all in it.
No more licensed guitars (No more Xplorer)
Unique bass controller (not just another guitar)
Drums have thread pads, a pedal, and two cymbals. Pic seen here
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/zygote7/5.jpg
All tracks supposed to be masters
Van Halen, Eagles, Sublime, and Linkin Park are going to be in it.
Ability to create characters, and play as the previous ones. (Clive is back)
World tour like rockband
You can make your own songs in it
"Easy rhythm" mode, just strumming along, no frets.
Old guitars still work.
Boss battles are back and altered. GH3 battles still available for multiplayer though.
More real people in it
Every instrument is wireless out of the box
Open strums for bass

That about sums it up.
Personally, I don't like the idea of the series branching out into drums. I really think they should leave that to Rock Band. Guitar Hero should be all about guitars. Add three-player co-op or versus modes, with three players all strumming away simultaneous. That would be something new! If they must add vocals, that's easy enough, but still not needed.

I for one will not be buying this, and I'm a huge guitar hero fan. There comes a limit to how many peripherals one can/should buy. If GH absolutely must add drums, they should have designed ones that work the same way as Rock Bands instead of forcing customers that already own Rock Band to buy new drums. All this will do is result in less units sold as players who already splurged for RB drums won't want to do it again.

At least players that had bought Guitar Hero II or III were able to take the guitar and use it in rock band, and at least the standard 360 headset can be used as a singing mic. Now if only the Rock Band guitar worked in Guitar Hero.

Too many peripherals. Microsoft or Sony should just step in and say "Look guys, there's going to be a standard guitar and a standard drum kit on our systems, and that's that." It would be for the best. This is getting absurd. It's like every other game coming out has to design a special controller just to play it. Imagine if Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 had controllers that didn't work with each other. MS and Sony would never allow that, why do they allow this? You should have to proove some demonstrable need to design a new controller, not just do it on a whim. Where's the quality control that consoles are supposed to have? Every Tom, Dick, and Harry should not be making a new controller for each game.
Just wondering, why do you think the drums will be incompatible? The 4th pad in rock band is cymbals, so a cymbal could just be used. Anyways, I think that if guitar hero didn't move in that direction, it would have died. Rock band would be chosen over guitar hero every time. Bass and guitar, or bass, guitar, vocals, and drums?
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Well, you could always make one cymbal do nothing. Take Wii remote/PS2 and 3 controller/Whatever xbox controllers are called used for guitar hero multiplayer. Only five buttons do something, the rest just don't do anything. If Neversoft wanted to, making the drums compatible with rock band wouldn't be too hard. Also, guitar hero drums will be made by Redoctane, so the will be higher quality then rockband's. So, if they are compatible, GH4's drums will be by far better than rockband's.
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Well, they could make it so that the cymbal pad from rockband would be both cymbals, but that would be unfair, and the starpower wouldn't work. Theres always selling rockband drums if they make GH4 drums compatible
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM

Gdawg4 Woo who?

wow i have beat everything in the game except for Lou, ttfaf and F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. I have no idea why i cant beat that song i just cant, does anyone have any tips?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games