Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old September 9th, 2009, 01:50 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Dignan's Competitive Unit Errata

Dignan's Competitive Unit Errata

This is a thread designed to generate a discussion about fixing certain non-competitive units (in terms of tournament play) as well as collect items and compile them into a list of errata. This list of errata shall then be playtested and examined over time to provide a better basis for determining the soundness of proposed errata. The end goal of this thread is to have a list of errata created with community influence and community playtesting which can be referenced for those tournament director's and/or players in general wishing to see non-competitive units used more in their events.

Note: It is not the intent of this errata to make every unit as good as the A+ units available today. Some errata might make units nearly as powerful as A+ units, while other errata will only bump up terrible units into the "not a gigantic handicap" range.

Units that are not viable:
Acolarh
Deathwalker 7000
Dund
The Einar Imperium
Empress Kiova
Gorillinators
Grok Riders
Hatamoto Taro
Khosumet
Major X17
Moriko
Parmenio
Roman Archers
Runa
Shaolin Monks
Shiori
Sudema
Templar Cavalry

Units where errata improves playability:
Zombies of Morindan

Units that are too strong and adversly affect tournament meta-game:
Deathreavers

Errata

Acolarh
Quote:
Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA as follows: "...you may roll 11 Ullar Valkyrie dice..."
Deathreavers
Quote:
Change cost from 40 to 55 points
Deathwalker 700
Quote:
Give Deathwalker 7000 DISENGAGE. Change SLEF-DESTRUCT as follows: "If you roll a 1, all adjacent figures are safe. If you roll a 2-15, each adjacent figure recieves 2 wounds. If you roll a 16-19, each adjacent figure recieves 4 wounds. If you roll a 20, each adjacent figure recieves 8 wounds."
Dund
Quote:
Change CRIPPLING GAZE as follows: "Before or after moving, you may..."
Einar Imperium (and Kiova)
Quote:
Give Einar Imperium EINAR KYRIE BONDING: "Before taking a turn with Einar Imperium, you may first take a turn with any unique hero Kyrie you control who follows Einar."

Gorillinators

Quote:
Change TOUGH as follows: "When rolling defense dice against a normal or special attack..."
Grok Riders
Quote:
Reduce cost from 130 points to 90
Hatamoto Taro
Quote:
Reduce cost to 100 points. Change HEROIC DEFENSE AURA as follows: "When defending against an (omit) attack (omit) with any samurai..."
Khosumet
Quote:
Change RELENTLESS ASSUALT as follows: "Each friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces with a relentless..."

Major X17

Quote:
Increase defense from 3 to 4. Replace MELEE DEFENSE 4 with MELEE DEFENSE 3
Parmenio
Quote:
Change SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15 as follows: "When a (omit) Sacred Band figure within 3 clear sight spaces receives one or...
Roman Archers
Quote:
Change unit characteristic from ARCHER to SOLDIER. Change ARROW VOLLEY as follows: "Three unengaged (omit) Roman Archers (omit) may combine their attacks and roll their attack dice as one. All Roman Archers in the arrow volley must have a clear line of sight on the target. The Defending figure compares height to the lowest Roman Archer to determine any height advantage.
Runa
Quote:
Change HELM OF MITONSOUL AURA as follows: "...If the target is a squad figure and you roll a 17 or higher, destroy the figure. If the target is a hero figure and you roll a 20, destroy the figure."
Shaolin Monks
Quote:
Give monks AQUILLA MONK BONDING: "Before taking a turn with Shaolin Monks, you may first take a turn with any unique herp Monk who follows Aquilla you control.
Shiori
Quote:
Change CONCENTRATED WILL as follows: "If Shiori has at least one unrevealed order marker..."
Sudema
Quote:
Add to the following to the end of STARE OF STONE: "If Sudema destroys a figure with Stare of Stone, Sudema may use Stare of Stone again."
Templar Cavalry
Quote:
Increase Defense from 3 to 4

Zombies of Morindan
Quote:
Change ZOMBIE ONSLAUGHT SPECIAL ATTACK as follows: "Three zombies of Morindan (omit) may combine their attack dice as one attack. All zombies of Morindan must be engaged with the target figure. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Zombie of Morindan to determine height advantage."

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; October 28th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old September 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dignan's Competitive Unit Errata

now to have someone create new cards with these new wordings on them. Im one of the biggest sticklers for playing exactly as the rules state but some cards do need help. I could wind up using these in my gaming circle. keep it up!
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If there was a lot of discussion on this before the time warp, I apologize, but...

Why not have Acolarh roll ALL twelve of the dice when using his power.

I dug up some probabilities from the book of Sir Gilbert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Just a few numbers for Dispatch. Number refers to how many Jandar symbols are rolled:

Number.....Percent

0............. 11.22
1............. 26.92
2............. 29.61
3............. 19.74
4............. 08.88
5............. 02.84
6............. 00.66
7............. 00.11
8............. 0.014

So you'll roll between 0 and 5 Jandar symbols 99% of the time. What about 9-12? Its not likely that you'll roll that many. The percent chance for rolling these numbers combined is only about 0.006 so I'd be checking my opponent's dice if he rolled 12 Jandar symbols :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Anyone convert this into a 1 or more format...
Sure:

At least.....Percent

1............. 88.78
2............. 61.86
3............. 32.25
4............. 12.51
5............. 03.63
6............. 00.79
7............. 00.13
8............. 00.02
9............. 0.006

~Aldin, with props to Rhydderch
So, if I understand this right, he'd save a life about every third time. Is that too much? Doesn't seem too much to me. Not like he's doing a whole lot else.

It just seems right to use all the dice.

And if he's causing that much trouble, just kill him first like you kill Raelin first.

And if folks are killing him first, then I'd say he's actually worth his points.

Thanks for making a thread like this--I think a tournament that used the errata developed here would be a lot of fun.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
So, if I understand this right, he'd save a life about every third time. Is that too much? Doesn't seem too much to me. Not like he's doing a whole lot else.

It just seems right to use all the dice.

And if he's causing that much trouble, just kill him first like you kill Raelin first.

And if folks are killing him first, then I'd say he's actually worth his points.

Thanks for making a thread like this--I think a tournament that used the errata developed here would be a lot of fun.
Yeah, there is a little debate about that. It seems that rolling 12 dice might be too good. I assume that it was originally playtested that way and it was decided it was too powerful.

That said, with tournament maps being what they are today, range 8 is generally not as great as it sounds (as keeping line of sight over that distance will be difficult). On several maps, I think that he might seem very powerful, while on many others, his LOS will be so blocked as to really limit his effect.

In the end, it's such a strong ability, that it will difficult to playtest. On some games it's just going to seem like he always hits 3 symbols while on others he won't save a single stinking elf.

Personally, I'd rather roll all 12 dice, but it might simply be too powerful. Just looking at the numbers, it's hard to tell one way or the other.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dignan, I seem to remember seeing in the timewarped version of your Errata thread that you guys were playtesting some of these changes? If so, I second DrL's nomination to have a tournament sometime where we had to use one of these errata'd units.

Could be fun.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think letting the monks bond with Master Woo would go pretty far towards making them more playable.

Stealth dodge would be thematic. And it would keep them alive to engage range.

Either or both sound good?

Old September 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I think letting the monks bond with Master Woo would go pretty far towards making them more playable.

Stealth dodge would be thematic. And it would keep them alive to engage range.

Either or both sound good?
I had given them bonding with Woo on the last thread. I think I'll stick with that for the time being. Steath dodge might be a bit much.

Old September 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Alright, I think I got all the units back up to where they were before the thread was lost. Let me know what you think of the changes and if you think I need to include more figures in the errata.

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Well, the debate has started in other areas of the forums concerning Raelin RotV Style and her being overpowered. There is some pretty convincing evidence that she might be one of those figures that is too good.

An errata fix for her can go in a couple of directions. Adjusting her points cost up (say around 100 or so) could work or adjusting her aura (reducing the range to 3 would be pretty significant). What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Super Doopa

I think RotV Raelin and SotM Raelin should both be 100.

Old September 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think I would rather see a point increase in her cost total, rather than a reduced range to her aura, though I suspect that reducing her aura may be a better fix.

Something to definitely playtest I suspect.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Reduce her life to 4.

Not that I am suggesting a change to her..ok I did but am not advocating it.

Atlaga is the first Kyrie hero with 4 life. The precedent is now there for Kyrie heroes to have life values other than 5. A 1 pt decrease in life aligns well with her current cost of 80. She would still be a powerful figure and play basically the same in terms of army builds and positioning.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; September 17th, 2009 at 06:09 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions