Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old January 17th, 2015, 05:33 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Ha! Better start now if you're planning on doing the judging' by tomorrow (at 11:59)!

It's really long.

~TAF
I just navigated back five pages and found the entry. And pasted it into Word, the better to read it. And glanced at the page count.

Seriously, TAF? 30 pages?
*sigh*

~TGRF.
Old January 17th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Try a Four-Word Prompt next time: "Soulborg Invasion 10,000 Words"

~TAF, sor

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 17th, 2015, 06:57 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Ha! Better start now if you're planning on doing the judging' by tomorrow (at 11:59)!

It's really long.

~TAF
I just navigated back five pages and found the entry. And pasted it into Word, the better to read it. And glanced at the page count.

Seriously, TAF? 30 pages?
*sigh*

~TGRF.

And I thought my 18 and counting pager was long.

~Dysole, who won't confirm or deny yet whether or not TAF is right with his change (also last part will either be up in a few hours or not until SUPER late tonight)
Old January 18th, 2015, 02:44 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Still at a magic prerelease. I won't be home until late. It might not be in until tomorrow morning.

~Dysole, updatingly
Old January 18th, 2015, 06:44 PM

It's Over

And finished. It probably could be better but I have things to do and I'm not going to waste any more time. I did what I wanted to do and we'll see how well it holds up.

~Dysole, who isn't sure if he'll do something like this again
Old January 18th, 2015, 07:25 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm changing my answer to, ah forget it! Excellent story, Dysole. Are we ready to commence the judging, then? Eventually?

~TAF

Story:
Spoiler Alert!

Old January 18th, 2015, 11:32 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Judging will take place hopefully tomorrow, due to some... lengthy issues. I would really prefer not to limit the epicness, but I might not have much choice in the future at this rate.
~TGRF.
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Well then, on that note...
WARNING: I am listening to highly epic music as I write this prompt. Prepare yourselves.

Quote:
Too often it seems that I have given out prompts well over a page in length. So this time, I give you a prompt consisting of two words:
Quote:
Soulborg invasion.
That's it. Does your mind jump to sudden conclusions, epic scenes, theories about the invasion? Good, use them. I want the soulborgs to invade Valhalla. And I don't mean via the wellsprings. They arrive by their own technologically advanced means, be that a spaceship, some form of transporter, whatever. The more original the better.
What you write is up to you. The only requirement is that it contains the invasion. It can happen before the invasion and end with it, during the invasion, even once Valhalla has fallen. I just want the invasion or the effects of the invasion in there.
Bonus points to whoever can invent the most original/effectively useful soulborg design.
Begin!
Well you wanted it to be epic. Epics can have a tendency to be lengthy at times. I told you that I wrote Moby Dick stories.

~TAF, who's prompts will always contain word limits from now on to avoid vengeance

Old January 19th, 2015, 12:34 AM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

Good luck to all, first off! Secondly:

Thepremos knelt in shock before Thepmara's crushed little form. The street stood silent; Thepremos' fellow Citizens had frozen in horror at the scene before them.

Even the Robota, so frequently humming up and down the street, were still and silent.

Most Citizens would go centuries without seeing a scene such as that before them. The Council of Bionica had designed the roads to be safe. The Robota were programmed to know when to stop and go...

...how to avoid collision...

Thepremos swallowed- or rather, tried to swallow. The barbed wedge of fear lodged deep in his throat, tenaciously refusing to come loose.

"Mara..."

Thepremos never felt the concrete scrape the skin from his un-scarred legs. He groped blindly for his daughter, feeling only two things: the sickening feel of the primordial blood let loose, free to escape its vessel and flow freely...

The Citizens stood still. Nothing like this had happened in living memory.

... and the other thing... the lack. The lack of that tiny flutter in the young girl's chest. The lack of that soft, smooth pulse in her wrist. The lack of... the lack...

The Robota sensed the gravity of the moment; they stood still.

The Citizens stood in shock. No one moved to Thepremos' side.

Tears fell, hot in the already warm sunlight.

A flutter.

Thepremos gasped. "Thepmara? My little Mara, please..."

There was a gasp, a sigh from the Citizens around. The girl was alive, but only just. Relief turned quickly to pity. It was clear that even the Council of Medica could do nothing for the girl in the state she was in...

Thepremos staggered to his feet, his tattered child clutched carefully in his arms, hanging precariously even as she did so. Thepremos lurched forward.

One...

...two steps...

He broke into a haphazard run, a run of desperation, a run of a man who might lose everything without one last, insane gamble.

He would take her to the lab, oh yes. He knew of one thing that might save her yet. True, her body was spent... a mad thought, the Robota...

...but what of her soul?

The Citizens stood in shock. An accident.

The Robota sensed the gravity of the moment, and stood still.

So this obviously has nothing to do with the prompt, and it doesn't belong in the contest. However, the SheapCreaper thought that, with the glyph of Scop in the balance and the position of head chronicler up in the air, it would be valuable to remind everyone of what happened that fateful day on Mariedian...

...and how the first step on the dark road toward Alpha Prime was taken.

-The SheapCreaper, wishing (once again) good luck to all contestants!

I am he who rules the world, don't you know? One little piece at a time.
Old January 19th, 2015, 12:56 AM

...sniff! Beautiful! Good thing it's not a contestant!

Story:
Spoiler Alert!

~TAF, eager to put this 3 month prompt to rest (More months than prompt words! What even).

Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:10 PM

I am officially declaring the prompt closed, as I am in the process of judging. Technically. Granted, judging began on Monday, and was then halted due to a combination of work, forgetfulness, and a failed illness. But I shall return!
Eventually.
~TGRF, in the process of processing way too many processes.
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:25 PM

Despite the best efforts of TAF and Dysole, I have at last completed the judging. Due to the lengthy nature of this prompt, I will forgo the usual pre-placement speech.

Third Place

Spoiler Alert!

Second Place
Spoiler Alert!

First Place
Spoiler Alert!

And there you have it. The prompt has at long last come to a close.
~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction