Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 9th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
2nd or 3rd?

I've seen many posts about which Saturday in October is NHSD. Which one is correct?

Last edited by OEAO; August 9th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: 2nd or 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
I've seen many posts about which Saturday in October is NHSD. Which one is correct?
2nd Saturday.

A poll may be good for this.
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Want me to start one? I was thinking that too, but I wanted someone else to suggest it first.
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Want me to start one? I was thinking that too, but I wanted someone else to suggest it first.
Be easiest way to find out what people think, I'd say.
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
It's on the 2nd Saturday. Some people celebrate on the 1st or 3rd Saturday depending on their schedules, but it's "officially" the 2nd Sat. There was a post made by R˙chean about it as a joke, and it actually stuck.
No, I'm sure it's on the 3rd Saturday. In 2011 most events were on the 15th, in 2010 most events were on the 16th, in 2009 the 17th, etc. Of course, there's always a few events that deviate from the standard.
Definitive proof is that the first NHSD was October 21, 2006, which was the third Saturday in October that year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
SO in light of two large tournaments happening on the same day, I declare October 21st national heroscape tournament day and encourage all other groups and factions to also have a tourney on the same day....

that would be truly epic !
However, some people host NHSD events one or two weeks away from the "official" day when it works better for people's schedules. It doesn't really matter what day it is, as long as a bunch of people are having fun playing Heroscape.

Last edited by arp12; August 9th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Oh stupid me....

It 'tis the third Saturday of the month.

I now recall that I have hosted it before on the second week the last two times due to my schedule, and thus ingrained in myself that was when it happened.

My bad, I was mistaken. Thanks for the reminder, arp12.
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
From another thread:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
It's on the 2nd Saturday. Some people celebrate on the 1st or 3rd Saturday depending on their schedules, but it's "officially" the 2nd Sat. There was a post made by R˙chean about it as a joke, and it actually stuck.
No, I'm sure it's on the 3rd Saturday. In 2011 most events were on the 15th, in 2010 most events were on the 16th, in 2009 the 17th, etc. Of course, there's always a few events that deviate from the standard.
Definitive proof is that the first NHSD was October 21, 2006, which was the third Saturday in October that year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
SO in light of two large tournaments happening on the same day, I declare October 21st national heroscape tournament day and encourage all other groups and factions to also have a tourney on the same day....

that would be truly epic !
However, some people host NHSD events one or two weeks away from the "official" day when it works better for people's schedules. It doesn't really matter what day it is, as long as a bunch of people are having fun playing Heroscape.
The first ever NHSD was on my birthday!
Thank you Arp for clearing this up. Seeing as last year was my first year of tournaments (not the game-6 years+) I've always wondered if it was like Thanksgiving or like Christmas.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day