Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
SoCal league Tournament #5, August 26

The date has been set, Saturday, August 26th. The format and map details will come later, but here's the info to date:

WHAT: SoCal Heroscapers Tournament #5

WHEN: Saturday, August 26th at 12:00 PM, sharp.

WHERE: Shuffle and Cut Games
(Formerly Gems Games and Cards)
11525 La Mirada Bld., La Habra
(on the S/W corner of Leffingwell and La Mirada)
562-946-5894
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?add...,%20CA%2090638

The old store-front marquee might still read "Gems" but the new owner advised it could be changed soon.

FEE: The store charges a $5.00 entry fee, per player, which goes towards a gift certificate for the winner.

LOGISTICS: The gaming store is located in a corner mini-mall w/ a Taco Bell, a Mexican restaurant, a liquor store and a small pub to drown your sorrows. There's a pizza joint across the street and a lot of other food places within five minutes.

PRIZES: Besides the gift certificate, we also have a set of custom-made dice crafted by jsterick. Thanks big guy! Maybe a couple more surprises provided by yours truly. Participants do not need to bring anything for a prize kitty, just your $5.00 entry fee.

We are going to try to wrap the gaming up by 4:30 or 5:00 so Allskulls can make his evening committments. Oogie and I are working on the format and will post it shortly. Be prepared for General-pure/specific and all-melee army requirements. I'm toying with the idea of our usual 4 armies at 400 points each, but only using each army once, and having a die roll determine which army will be used for each game (with already used armies being rerolled, of course).

FORMAT: Players will bring 4, 400 point, general specific armies (all units in your 400 point armies will be from the same general.. Utgar, Jandar, etc.) Wave 5 is allowed, if you're fortunate enough to have it.

Each army HAS to be from a different general. I'm not up to seeing 3 variations of orc swarms or 4th mass/knights stuff. Experiment w/ Ullar and Einar. Have fun. Ranged units are allowed. You can kick tush w/ Braxas only once.

You will play on a randomly determined map w/ a randomly determined army. Number your armies from 1 to 4. After you and your opponent have been assigned a map, each rolls a d20. 1-5 means army 1 is played, and may no longer be used in the tournament. 6-10 is army 2, 11-15 is 3, and 16-20 is 4. If you roll up an army that has already been used, keep rolling. You'll hit something new eventually.

This means you may have your viking/knights army vs a viper horde on a map with a lot of water. Oh well. Have a plan "B." Improvise. Adapt. Most generals throughout history do not get to decide the terrain they fight on. Flexibility is going to be key.

Maps will be coming, but due to the very random nature of this tournament, map recon may not be all that important.

See you all on the 26th.

Here's what we're playing for:

For the Winner:

Second place get's something too:

And for the guardian of the supply train:

EDIT by ODB:
Adding to the prize list

A set of Custom jtserick Heroscape Dice!!!

The pictures I had seen of his work before, do not do them justice!!! Neither do these. I had them in hand... and gave them a couple of test rolls to make sure they worked And they are just Awsome!!!

Not sure how these will be given away. Either "Most Sportsmanlike Award" or possibly a door prize. Boom will announce how this prize will be awarded (or I can just hold on to them).

Old July 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yeah, Baby!!!

Recent Games Played:
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
General-pure, all-melee, roll for armies...sounds like some good fun is going to be had!
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:47 PM

jtserick has disabled reputation
Gee you started this topic while I was replying to the other. Count me in. I will also provide a set of custom dice as a special prize.

jtserick

If winning is not important then why keep score?
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:15 PM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
I'll be in Vegas at a clothing convention "Magic". I haven't made a monthly event yet. I'm trying, timing just isn't working out.
Anybody not going to Dman's this Saturday and wants to get some Heroscape in... come on out to Simi!
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
jsterick in the house! Oh baby!

'skulls, we'll definitely get you on the road in time for your gig.

rune, bummer man, but your time will come. I haven't made a tournie all summer.
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom
I haven't made a tournie all summer.
I have been looking forward to sitting across from you, overlooking a portion of Valhalla again.
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
hmmm.....tempting.....but maybe unfeasible for me.....

But you can't run from me forever mr. boom.
Old July 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Beware the Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
I haven't made a tournie all summer.
I have been looking forward to sitting across from you, overlooking a portion of Valhalla again.
Mano a mano, senor. Vamos acerlo.

Wilkie, I hope you can make it, man. We also have to get a little grudge match in. Maybe a 21+ afterparty ??[/quote]
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:08 PM

I'll do what I can mr boom....as far as the after party...u bringing the strippers??
Old July 28th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Beware the Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkerson74
I'll do what I can mr boom....as far as the after party...u bringing the strippers??
Sure! You'll come to my funeral when my wife disembowels me?
Old July 28th, 2006, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkerson74
Sure! You'll come to my funeral when my wife disembowels me?
Sounds like a plan to me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events