Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM

GGGames is surprisingly tart
Re: Florida Frenzy 4.0 (Central/North FL) - Vote!

Our Club is open to any location long as it isn't on the Oct 16th. We our doing our own Tournament for NHSD. There will be a minimum of 4 and possibly more depending on your finalization of the date.
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM

millermixture is surprisingly tart

I vote Daytona Beach!!!
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Thanks to everyone who responded, but I think you guys are intentionally making this difficult for me [kidding]. Please continue to give input. Anyway, here is a summary so far:

rudyvalentine - Tampa, not on 10/16
nicktheant (+ 4) - Orlando 10/16, or Orlando/Daytona/Gainesville 10/23 or 10/30
Riggler - Gainesville, not on 10/30
Grail - not 10/16
Filthy the Clown - Gainesville
Syvaris - Tampa or Orlando, can help setup
karl with a k - Tampa
randomskyfears - any (Orlando/Tampa preferred), not 10/30, can help setup
ellak96 - any (Tampa preferred)
GGGames - not 10/16
millermixture - Daytona Beach

OK, with each city getting 1 vote if the player can make it:
Gainesville - 5 votes
Tampa - 5 votes
Orlando - 4 votes
Daytona Beach - 4 votes

Currently, Gainesville is the leading city when you add in nicktheant's companions and my tie-breaking vote. It is a good choice because it is centralized for both north and central florida. It will change if either: a) someone else wants to take over hosting, b) we get more votes for a different city, and/or c) I can't find a venue.

And for a date, counting only votes *against*:
Saturday, October 16th - 3 no's
Saturday, October 23rd - OK
Saturday, October 30th - 2 no's

Currently, Saturday, October 23rd will be the tournament date because it does not conflict with anyone's schedule. This is a home football game for UF, so traffic may be an issue (UF plays Kentucky, so maybe we can get NecroBlade to come . . .). So the tournament could be moved to October 16th if none of the south-florida players are going to come anyway.*[Wrong Info, Sorry! (NecroBlade should still come, though)]
So I want to throw this out there and see the response:

Can you attend a tournament on Saturday, October 23rd, in Gainesville, FL?

Last edited by BurnyFlame; September 13th, 2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Wrong schedule
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:16 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Can you attend a tournament on Saturday, October 23rd, in Gainesville, FL?
Wow, great job compiling all the results to date... I'd love to attend another Florida tournament, but Gainesville would be a bit too far for me.

I think it's a good idea though, great for those who live in north and central Florida, and I hope you guys have a great event.
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM

GGGames is surprisingly tart

yes we can make the 23rd in gainsville
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:31 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. Hadn't thought about Gators having a home game that weekend. That game is actually against Mississppi State. And that may be reason enough to consider a different date. I've never been in Gainsville on a game day. I know that in Tallahassee, traffic is very managable on a game day as long as you stay away from the stadium (which isn't difficult). I don't know enough about the geography of Gainsville or the town's capactiy though.

I'll remove my vote against Oct. 30 if that helps anything. But Gainsville remains the only place on the list I could get to.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:56 AM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

There is a very good possibility I can make it to a tournament in Gainesville on the 23rd, but I honestly will only know for sure in a couple weeks
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:04 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

I want to make a correction - UF plays a home game on 10/16 (Homecoming, no less), so traffic will be bad then. There is no game 10/23, and there is an away game on 10/30 (I misread the September/October football schedules).

So 10/23 is still the best date, and traffic will be no issue. I hope many of you can attend.

I found a local shop that is willing to host, but they don't have a lot of space. There are a lot of locations in Gainesville, so I am going to keep looking for the best one.

Also, since it is Florida Frenzy 4.0, I would like to have 400 point armies. What do you think? Do you want any other restrictions (Q9, 3x common, etc.)? Which glyphs should we play? And please nominate maps!
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:36 AM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

My group should be able to make it on the 23rd.

Quick question, Is this considered a NHSD tournament?

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks for keeping the 16th free, BurnyFlame, I appreciate that.

I wish I could come but I'll be in Los Angeles that weekend (I'm not free any other day in October, which is why my event is the 16th ...). But it looks like some of the other South Floridians will be able to go, which is excellent. And I do hope that I'll (finally) be able to get up and visit and play with you guys some time.

Again, my thanks for being flexible. I hope this event really works out for you guys.
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Please count me in.

As far as restrictions, at 400 points, perhaps it makes sense to limit a single-hero point cap to 160 points or less? This will rule out some of the larger threats, such as Q9/Marvel heroes, but still allow newer heroes, such as Shurrak.

Possible maps:

Old September 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Maps to consider:

Quasatch Playground by mad_wookiee
Requires one Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set and two Ticalla Jungle Expansion sets.

Quasatch Playground

Map: Striking Distance
Date Uploaded: 10/29/08
Requirements: 1 RotV, 2 RttFF

Map: If you can't take the heat...
Date Uploaded: 8/03/08
Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 VW

And Dignan's awesome dungeon map: Jotun's Gap found here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2208

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day