Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 31st, 2007, 04:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
But once again this is Heroscape making sure no 1 unit is better than all the others.
Except Q9.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Marden Hounds aren't to shabby against the Minions either. With their fast move they're likely to engage them first and have a chance to hit them with their plague or just get lucky with an attack roll. In addition their 5 defense can help them survive a little longer.

Grenade lobbyist
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
what's all this talk about Q9 taking out Minions. when faced with Q9 i usually get 2 squads of Minions to take him out. (1 squad is probably enough but i rarely draft 1 of any common, ever)

unless it's an absolutely flat battlefield, flying will get them to him. 6 defense dice will keep them alive (except for the lowly Zettians, 6 is the highest squad defense without special defensive power). and if they get a +1 attack from something (usually height) then it's all over for Q9. i know this from experience.
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
what's all this talk about Q9 taking out Minions. when faced with Q9 i usually get 2 squads of Minions to take him out. (1 squad is probably enough but i rarely draft 1 of any common, ever)

unless it's an absolutely flat battlefield, flying will get them to him. 6 defense dice will keep them alive (except for the lowly Zettians, 6 is the highest squad defense without special defensive power). and if they get a +1 attack from something (usually height) then it's all over for Q9. i know this from experience.
Gary, I cringe.
Truly.

Only because I took FOUR FRICKIN' SQUADS of Minions against Q9 defending a castle - and lost every single one of them to his ironclad butt.

Old June 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ

Gary, I cringe.
Truly.

Only because I took FOUR FRICKIN' SQUADS of Minions against Q9 defending a castle - and lost every single one of them to his ironclad butt.

eek. different experiences i guess.

twice i've done a good old 3 for 3 skulls on a perfectly healthy Q9 who rolled 2 for 7 defense. no more Q9. (granted 6 hits kills most things.)

but with Q9 in a castle...was he getting extreme height advantage on anything?

i have lost a mess of Einar Imperium to Q9 even with Kiova backing them up. but that was because Raelin was backing Q9. i tried getting Raelin out of the picture first but Q9 wouldn't let me.

i've had Minions on the receiving end of Braxas. that was unpleasant. 2 squads of Minions disappeared in a hurry.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I always thought that utgar's orders was a useless ability because it's instead of taking a turn instead of before taking a turn until I used them with Taelord. It's pretty useful when you need to move Taelord in a certain position for the attack aura or to run away/hide.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
I really, really hate these guys. When I first got the game, my buddy Tom would consistantly hand my head to me with the Minions. Even 4 waves later, I still have an irrational fear of them and will either run my units away, screaming, or focus an unneccessary amount of firepower on them.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:59 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Next to the Marrden Hounds, they are probably the most feared squad in our house. I've never, ever had a bad game with the Minions no matter what kind of army I was facing.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
Not exactly "pointwise", but I've taken out the minions in a single turn with none other than the beloved Einar Imperium. With a possible six attacks all together, the minions are bound to roll some blanks. Unfortunately the imperium is doomed if you don't kill ALL of the minions in "one fell swoop".

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan
What I'm looking for is a good way to kill these guys. People have said Q9, but the minions usually survive the three attack dice in the special attack, or they move in too fast for the normal attack. The guys that I've had the most luck with are Kaemon Awa and Deadeye Dan, usually accompanied by Theracus. Just wondering if anyone else knows a good way to kill Hell's Angels with a relative number of points.
Crixus (with maybe Thogrim/Raelin help) should be able to let the Minions swarm and take them down without taking too mcuh of a scratch...

I recently had a 2x Minions + Taelord vs Gladiators battle

and Crixus was the big killer of my Minions (though I still won cuz I also had Krug and the other team had Kaemon and Tagawa Archers, who the Minions killed off first)
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Unfortunately like every other figure these guys still have their weaknesses; Stare of stone, Poison Breath, Ullar Enhanced Rifle are some of the few abilities that can take the minions down quickly!
But i still say that the Minions are a great force - if only they have an 5 or 6 move instead of 4!
Old July 26th, 2007, 01:28 AM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosis
Crixus (with maybe Thogrim/Raelin help) should be able to let the Minions swarm and take them down without taking too mcuh of a scratch...
Also Me-Burq-Sa. He has the movement to stay out of range until he hits that Paralyzing Stare, and his great climbing means the flight shouldn't even be that much of an issue.

Some scattered customs: Corona, Deathwalker 10000

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units