Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Rocky Mountain Rumble - 2012 Colorado NHSD

2012 Rocky Mountain Rumble

When: October 13th, 10:00 AM set-up.

Where: Enchanted Grounds

Format:
  • Bring two 510-point armies, which cannot share any figures. Marvel & C3V/SoV is allowed.
  • Before each game, dice off with your opponent. The winner chooses first army choice or second army choice.
  • First army choice may choose any of the four armies (yours or your opponent's). Second choice may choose any of the other three.

We will be playing Rolling Rumble, maybe with a "final" depending on how the records are playing out.

Prizes: Everyone is encouraged to contribute something to the prize table, but it's not strictly required. The 1st place player will pick 1st from the table, 2nd place player will pick 2nd, etc. Additionally, there will be a NIB FotA from NHSD prize support.

Maps:
Sirocco (kpucblek)
Stygian Rift (dok)
Remains of Clionesia (n00b)
Flash Fire (dok)

Attendees:
dok
n00b (+2)
Rosencrantz
Later in the day:
kpucblek
Daniel
Darren

Maybe:
saywhat
Son of Arathorn
Ninja Status

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; October 11th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker
Re: Colorado NHSD

Sounds good, most saturdays work for me as well. I have a rather small army so I wont be able to throw in any squads to pool, sorry. I also can't promise that my armies will be to good also how many points?

looking forward to this!
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
Sounds good, most saturdays work for me as well. I have a rather small army so I wont be able to throw in any squads to pool, sorry. I also can't promise that my armies will be to good also how many points?

looking forward to this!
That's why it's optional.

Points, points... 505?

Old September 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Really excited to put this format into practice.

Quote:
I have a rather small army so I wont be able to throw in any squads to pool, sorry. I also can't promise that my armies will be to good
Part of the fun of the format is that your armies don't have to be that good for you to do well, although you'll spend most of the day picking from your opponent's armies.

However, if you want to field armies from stuff you don't have, just let me know (via PM if you like) and I will bring the figures you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
When: I can probably do any Saturday; when is everyone available?
All the early October Saturdays look clear at the moment.

Quote:
Where: Enchanted Grounds?
Works for me. With the number of C-Springs folk we have coming these days, it makes sense.

Quote:
Maybe 505 points?
I try not to get into specific point totals, but 505 is fine by me.

Quote:
I'd like to make it more tournament-like for this event, playing in (40?)-minute rounds, with finals/free-play at the end.*

*Actually, I think the rounds should be reactive-(40?) minutes or 5 minutes after (50? 75?)% of the games are over, whichever is later.
Interesting thought. You could put in a "finish this round and play 1 more round" cap when there are only 2-3 games left.

Last year, we did a rolling rumble, but (a) we were a little more careful to make sure that the winning players actually waited around to play other winning players instead of playing people with losing records, and (b) we put together a semis and finals game as the time started to wind down. So that's an option, too.

Quote:
Prizes: I would rather have no prizes than an entry fee. If y'all are game, whoever wants to could contribute some 'Scape (a squad, booster, terrain, whatever) to a pool at the start that the top 2 or 3 finishers could share out. I'd throw in a squad or two.
Works for me.

Quote:
Maps: TBD
I'll try to toss out some suggestions soon.
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Pretty much any Saturday works for me. And I can provide a Fortress for the board if we need an extra one.
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Not a n00b

Could we possibly up the point total to 510?
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Could we possibly up the point total to 510?

All right, I'll change it this once, 'cause you're new. Don't anyone else even think about asking.

We'll plan on the 13th until someone objects.

I'm not taking opinions on C3V (), but what about Marvel? I know I'm against it and Daniel is for it, so I'll do whatever the majority wants.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; September 5th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

After this year's Gencon, I've soured considerably on Marvel. But our tradition around here is usually to allow it.

With this format, you can't really be screwed by not being ready for a Marvel figure, so it's less of an issue. Maybe say that you can't put Marvel in both of your armies?
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Not a n00b

Re: Colorado NHSD 2012

I'm against the Marvel characters being used in a tourney, but that's just me.

And 13th works great for me. What time to what time?
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
What time to what time?
We usually start setup at 10:00. If we play 5 rounds+semis+final, the tournament should be over somewhere in the vicinity of 4:00*, at which point it would be free play/leave whenever you want.

*Okay, that's a total guess.

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Not a n00b

Quote:
Quote:
What time to what time?
We usually start setup at 10:00. If we play 5 rounds+semis+final, the tournament should be over somewhere in the vicinity of 4:00*, at which point it would be free play/leave whenever you want.

*Okay, that's a total guess.
Sounds good, I'll be looking forward to this also what's the entry fee?
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
also what's the entry fee?
As I say in the OP, everyone is encouraged to bring something for the prize pool, but nothing is required. If your collection lacks any spare figures/terrain, then just come and play!

Edit: If you want (for some odd reason) to bring an "entry fee" and throw it into the prize pool, be my guest.

I think the way prizes will work, if there are enough of them, is the winner will pick (roughly) half of them, 2nd will pick half of what's left, and 3rd will get the rest; but that's not finalized.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; September 5th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day