Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 13th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Bob Naismith confirmed as HS sculptor: 5/10 update

Many with a keen eye have suspected this, but I do not know that it had been confirmed until now.

Well known miniature sculptor Bob Naismith just updated his site recently according to http://theminiaturespage.com/

As I was browsing through the small site, I found this:

Quote:
These sites are those of some of my customers. Among their web pages you’ll find more examples of my work.

www.heroscape.com
The site for Hasbros HeroScape game, featuring many of my sculpts.
The link to the talented Mr. Naismith's site is http://www.bnaismith.com/index.html

So, whether you love or hate the HS miniatures, now you know who is responsible for many of them.

Here is a cool little concept sketch labelled as HS related:

Anyone have any ideas on who else does sculpting work for HS?
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Here is a shot of a plastic "master" that has a similar look to Mimring (although, it looks a lot like it may be Wizkid's Mage Knight Polar Ice Dragon):

Old March 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is that some kind of Carr prototype, or just some kind of example of the crazy kind of crossovers Heroscape can do? I mean, we have a ponytailed, sunglass wearing guy in samurai armor with a 6 shooter on his hip wielding a europeon broadsword. Bah, now I'm going to have the Rising Zan song stuck in my head all day.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:21 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That Carr concept is awesome looking.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The sketch is copyrighted Hasbro 2007. Just wildly guessing that if it were Carr it would have an earlier copyright date.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Holy carp!

What an awesome find Annerios!

Old March 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
The sketch is copyrighted Hasbro 2007. Just wildly guessing that if it were Carr it would have an earlier copyright date.
Yep, it is more likely a future unique hero concept. Of course, that does not mean it was accepted.

I like the look of it. It addresses one of the storyline concerns with HS: wouldn't some of these great warriors summoned to Valhalla experiment or trade up to better available weapons/equipment once they were used against them?
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Perhaps they are gonna re-release Carr the same way they are doing for Drake and Raelin. He looks to have bits and pieces from different eras on his body. Samurai armor, Camo pants, boots, flint-lock pistol. Maybe he wears the bits from enemies he has killed.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Dragon is familiar... I think its been on ebay a few times as a custom dragon figure.... painted blue I believe.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Annerios, I love how you keep an eye out for this type of information.
I remember the lengthy thread on HQ about sculptor suspects.

I'm curious, what figures from the game were suspected as being Naismith's?
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Annerios, I love how you keep an eye out for this type of information.
I remember the lengthy thread about sculptor suspects.

I'm curious, what figures from the game were suspected as being Naismith's?
I believe some had mentioned him in general because he works on so many games. I remember his samurai were mentioned by some.

For me, I thought the Abhors from his Cobalt line of Sci-fi miniatures looked quite a bit like the Marro.

At one point I tried to buy a couple of the abhors that looked like giant Marro with blades for arms to use for customs, but was told they were no longer being carried by West Wind games. It seems like they are finally available directly from Naismith, according to the front page of his site.
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
OK now this was my original investigation and I was the one who spotted the Bob Naismith style in Heroscape. We know that there used to be only one sculptor doing the Heroscape miniatures. Now we know it is Bob, so it stands to reason that all the figures may be sculpted by him alone. They certainly all match his style. Good find Annerios. I have not been to Bob's sight in a while.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News