Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 16th, 2012, 06:15 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart
Re: Shaman of Morindan

Current, up to date stats and such:

Quote:
Unit Name : Zakovani, the Shaman of Morindan

General: Utgar
Species: Elf
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Lord
Personality: Tormented
Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats
Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

SPECIAL POWERS

HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with a Zombies of Morindan squad or a Zombie Hulk.

ZOMBIE INCANTATIONS
If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, roll the d20. If it is a 13 or higher, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s large or huge figure, roll the d20. If it is a 17 or higher, replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombie Hulks.

STAFF OF MORINDAN
If the Shaman of Morindan is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. Any treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him.
What the glyph card will say:

Quote:
Staff of Morindan
The figure that controls this glyph may use it's special power once per turn.

Horde Commands
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with a Zombies of Morindan squad or a Zombie Hulk.
I will be making his card and the glyph card sometime soon- and yes, my username is a placeholder and will not be the final name. Just don't have much time to think of a final one right now.

Edit: When this custom is all tweaked and playtested, after submitting it to SoV (hopefully) I am thinking about doing a German fighter pilot. (Inspired by the Plane Wreck custom terrain.)

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 16th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I actually thought it was pretty cool you were using your on-site name for the figure. If Horde command is on the glyph it does not need to be on his card. Otherwise he could drop the glyph for another Hero and they would both have Horde Command.
I think his points are too high for his stats. With a 2 attack he is not adding much firepower to the Zombies and if he is lucky enough to actually kill a figure he needs a 13 or higher to make a zombie. I would remove the D20 roll. This guy created the Zombies he should have no problem making more, again if he can actually kill someone.

If the intent of Horde Command is to allow control of another player's Zombies, I suggest this minor change, if that is not the intent then you need to add "you control" to the end of your version.
Horde Commands
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any squad of Zombies of Morindan or a Zombie Hulk.
l
Take all my suggestions with a grain of salt as I am very new to the custom game. Normally I would not comment on classic customs but the ZoM are my all time fave squad.

THE STAFF OF MORINDAN should say something about the glyph starting on the card.

Best of luck with this design.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I actually thought it was pretty cool you were using your on-site name for the figure. If Horde command is on the glyph it does not need to be on his card. Otherwise he could drop the glyph for another Hero and they would both have Horde Command.
I think his points are too high for his stats. With a 2 attack he is not adding much firepower to the Zombies and if he is lucky enough to actually kill a figure he needs a 13 or higher to make a zombie. I would remove the D20 roll. This guy created the Zombies he should have no problem making more, again if he can actually kill someone.

If the intent of Horde Command is to allow control of another player's Zombies, I suggest this minor change, if that is not the intent then you need to add "you control" to the end of your version.
Horde Commands
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any squad of Zombies of Morindan or a Zombie Hulk.
l
Take all my suggestions with a grain of salt as I am very new to the custom game. Normally I would not comment on classic customs but the ZoM are my all time fave squad.

THE STAFF OF MORINDAN should say something about the glyph starting on the card.

Best of luck with this design.
Thanks for the feedback- and good point for the d20 rolls. Yeah Horde Commands was supposed to let him take a turn with any 3 zombs or any 1 hulk on the board, regardless of who owns them. Also, good point on the glyph things, I will update the card, then edit it into this post.

Quote:
Unit Name : Zakovani, the Shaman of Morindan

General: Utgar
Species: Elf
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Lord
Personality: Tormented
Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats
Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

SPECIAL POWERS

ZOMBIE INCANTATIONS
If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. If Shaman of Morindan destroys an opponent’s large or huge figure, you may replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Zombie Hulks.

STAFF OF MORINDAN
The STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph starts on Zakovani's card at the beginning of a game. If he is destroyed, place the STAFF OF MORINDAN glyph on the space where he was destroyed. Any treasure glyphs carried by Zakovani are destroyed along with him.
Quote:
STAFF OF MORINDAN
The figure that controls this glyph may use it's special power once per turn.

HORDE COMMANDS
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk.

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 16th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:03 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hmm, if you want to allow a mix of Zombies, that is both yours and another player's then Horde Command should say

HORDE COMMAND
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk. After taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, cotrol of all figures returns to the previous player.

I like that! It would almost never happen but I like it.

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; May 16th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Hmm, if you want to allow a mix of Zombies, that is both yours and another player's then Horde Command should say

HORDE COMMAND
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk.

I like that! It would almost never happen but I like it.
Since that is just a wording thing, I am editing it into my last post. Yeah, I figured that he'd be a boost and a couterdraft to zombs, just to spice things up. Once I get all this tweaked out and playtested later this week, I want to submit him to SoV. (Once I make an actual card though.)
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM

HORDE COMMAND
Before taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, you may first take a turn with any three Zombies of Morindan figures or a Zombie Hulk. After taking a turn with Shaman of Morindan, cotrol of all figures returns to the previous player.

I added in a line about returning control of the Zombies to the original player. I believe all powers that take temporary control of a figure have something like this.

What do you think about this power.

FRESH CORPSES
If you have a Zombie of Morindan card in your army, you may place three additional Zombie of Morindan figures on this card at the start of the game. These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed".

I am not sure how legal this would be as it would mess with points for the end game in timed events. Cool mechanic though, you could use ZOMBIES RISE AGAIN without having a destroyed Zombie.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
HORDE COMMAND

I added in a line about returning control of the Zombies to the original player. I believe all powers that take temporary control of a figure have something like this.

What do you think about this power.

FRESH CORPSES
If you have a Zombie of Morindan card in your army, you may place three additional Zombie of Morindan figures on this card at the start of the game. These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed".

I am not sure how legal this would be as it would mess with points for the end game in timed events. Cool mechanic though, you could use ZOMBIES RISE AGAIN without having a destroyed Zombie.
Yes I will add the control line in, to clarify things. About fresh corpses, maybe:

FRESH CORPSES
If you have multiple Zombies of Morindan cards in your army, you may place three of the Zombie of Morindan figures on this card instead of on the battlefield at the start of the game. These figures are considered to be "previously destroyed."

That way they are counted in points on you draft, but it is more like THE DROP from the Airborne Elite, where they are placed later on in the game.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:59 PM

That actually works for me. Maybe make it "up to three (heck maybe any number of" Zombie of Morindan figures". So you could place 1,2,3...ect. Zombies on your card. This could be beneficial if you are short on starting spaces.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
That actually works for me. Maybe make it "up to three (heck maybe any number of" Zombie of Morindan figures". So you could place 1,2,3...ect. Zombies on your card. This could be beneficial if you are short on starting spaces.
Yeah, then you can use Zomb's low point cost to squeeze the most out of your army if you fill starting spaces before you run out of points.
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:56 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
Quote:
Yeah, then you can use Zomb's low point cost to squeeze the most out of your army if you fill starting spaces before you run out of points.
Figures in your army that don't start on the board still count against your hex limit. So that's not really a help in that regard.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Kato would make a good reference for how to word Horde Command.

The idea of him basically starting the game with a treasure glyph is interesting. Somewhat comparable to Mika starting with shadow tiles.

Price looks pretty high for such a fragile unit, especially since once he's killed your opponent can claim his keystone power. He's expensive for such a limited counterdraft (though no range limit in Horde Command makes it powerful), and right now I'd probably rather have 2 more Zombie cards than him. Stats closer to 4/5/1/3/4 would improve his playability and I doubt very much that they would take him over your target price (if you're aiming for 120 points you probably have a lot of room to play with in the stat department).

And thanks for the SoV shout out in your sig (though we're better grouped with the C3V than the BoV).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
Quote:
Figures in your army that don't start on the board still count against your hex limit. So that's not really a help in that regard.
....Haha, ok. Well, it lets him get further up and able to reanimate zombs without them being destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Kato would make a good reference for how to word Horde Command.

The idea of him basically starting the game with a treasure glyph is interesting. Somewhat comparable to Mika starting with shadow tiles.

Price looks pretty high for such a fragile unit, especially since once he's killed your opponent can claim his keystone power. He's expensive for such a limited counterdraft (though no range limit in Horde Command makes it powerful), and right now I'd probably rather have 2 more Zombie cards than him. Stats closer to 4/5/1/3/4 would improve his playability and I doubt very much that they would take him over your target price (if you're aiming for 120 points you probably have a lot of room to play with in the stat department).

And thanks for the SoV shout out in your sig (though we're better grouped with the C3V than the BoV).
Yeah, I am still working on stats for him- right now, none of it is permanent, that's why I haven't made a card yet. I don't want to do that until I've tweaked it all, and playtesting is this weekend with friends- that's when we should really see if the points are a lil' high, high, or way overpriced, haha.

And yeah.... I put things in my sig mostly so I don't lose them, haha, but I can put SoV with c3v.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards