Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

Warren is probably too far for those of us in the Cincy/ Dayton area. I could host something down in Cincy if there is nothing going on in Columbus, but the Columbus gigs have been sooo huge and awesome that it would be a shame to see them go. I bet a group of us could easily pool together some boards. I'm not very good at spreadsheets (I use paper strips at all the tourneys I've done, but 14 was the biggest), but someone who is could set up one for ranking. I think venue would be the biggest issue with "out of towers" trying to host something in Columbus. Drive time + set up time would make a very early morning. Also, someone would have to contact the venue, check for availability, etc. I forget where they've done it in the past, but I believe it wasn't free.

Anyway, I'd love some info one way or another so if there is nothing in Columbus, I could put something together down here. You guys up north could start setting something up there too.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If need be, I'm sure I could bring a BoV map (yeah, there are a few maps that use the Castle set instead of the other expansions ), and I can easily pull out a custom map. But yeah, a locale would be nice to know.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Didn't it used to alternate between Columbus and Warren? We've made the 5+ hour drive the last two years.

I know I can't speak for everyone but I'd rather go farther for a bigger event than split us in two. Even if that means Columbus. But I can't lead Columbus and I think Cincy is too far. But I definitely don't think we should split into two events.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think three-time GenCon champions are required to host NHSD events. Hmm, I wonder if there are any three-time GenCon champions in Ohio...

Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

I would prefer to have it in Columbus but I could make Warren possibly too. Cincy would be way to far for me though.

I would be able to bring Mad_Wookie's map Isenfell that was featured at Gencon. Hoping to go to my first tourney if its close enough.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I think we would be fine terrain wise, I could probably set up 8-10 maps myself if need be. And I too would prefer to have the tourney be one large one rather than split up!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If we're looking for a big tourney, Columbus is the way to go. I don't mind, like I said, it's only a 20minute difference between the two.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not totally sure you're right. IIRC in Columbus in 2011 we had 22 (5 of which were me and my crew from Pittsburgh). In Columbus in 2010 we had 40ish. In Warren in 2009 we had 35ish. Now I know that location wasn't the only factor, but I think that's still worth noting.

What it comes down to is, do we have someone who will lead in Columbus? We've got a lot of people willing to go to Columbus OR Warren, myself included. No one has offered to lead in Columbus (I can't due to distance). If someone will do it, that's great and I will haul out there again. If not, I would love to lead in Warren. If that means a smaller event, it's still better than no event and with no leader in Columbus yet, those appear to be the options.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I'm not totally sure you're right. IIRC in Columbus in 2011 we had 22 (5 of which were me and my crew from Pittsburgh). In Columbus in 2010 we had 40ish. In Warren in 2009 we had 35ish. Now I know that location wasn't the only factor, but I think that's still worth noting.

What it comes down to is, do we have someone who will lead in Columbus? We've got a lot of people willing to go to Columbus OR Warren, myself included. No one has offered to lead in Columbus (I can't due to distance). If someone will do it, that's great and I will haul out there again. If not, I would love to lead in Warren. If that means a smaller event, it's still better than no event and with no leader in Columbus yet, those appear to be the options.
Yeah, decrease in population, Heroscape has.

And yes, I get that it comes down to if we have a director for Columbus.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
Agreed. If you do Warren, I'll do Cincy, but something bigger in Columbus is the top choice.

As for leading, if someone in Columbus will line up the venue, I think *most* of the rest of the work could be spread out among the rest of us coming from out of town. Someone could volunteer to bring a laptop to keep the rankings-- heck, if Matt sent me the spreadsheet from last year I could *probably* figure it out. A few of us could bring a bunch of boards-- I'm good for around 10. I know Wookie in Dayton is probably good for at least 10. If someone lined up the venue and split up the tables for us, we could handle set up pretty well. Bring your own dice and markers, and I think there wouldn't be too much to do.

As for a format, this was mentioned after Gen Con, and it sounds good to me (I was going to use it in Cincy if we did something there):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Just tossing out an alternative format, for discussion:
  • Bring two armies, which cannot share any figures.
  • Before each game, dice off with your opponent. The winner chooses first army choice or second army choice.
  • First army choice may choose any of the four armies (yours or your opponent's). Second choice may choose any of the other three.
  • Format does not change from day 1 to day 2.
This captures some of the RTW (and draft) advantages without slowing things down too much. And you can always play one of your two armies if you want to.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

If we do have an event in Columbus I could bring my collection of C3G stuff to possibly have a C3G event on the side (I pretty much have one of all uniques, 5x on all common/uncommon). However, I'm more of a follower than a leader.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

I could bring terrain for any tournament. Columbus would be ideal and anything outside Cincy is a no go for me unfortunately.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day