Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 30th, 2024, 08:56 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

I cannot believe that it has been 15 years since I first logged in here at heroscapers.com. It brings a smile to my face when I think of all the different interactions I've had over the years with so many great folks.

Thank you for your feedback and your friendship @A3n , @Sherman Davies , @Tornado , @IAmBatman , @Taeblewalker , @tcglkn , @streaky2007 , @davidlhsl , @GreyOwl , @Spidey'tilIDie , @Garada , @Hahma , @NecroBlade , @Balantai , @whitestuff , @Griffin , @hi1hi1hi1hi1 , @Confred , and everyone else who I am sorry I didn't list individually.

~ Matt Helm is shamelessly calling out some old-timers hoping that they see the "scape signal" and stop by to let the rest of us know how they are doing.

Edit: I thought I'd list out a few milestones for old time sake...

2009 January - Matt Helm joins Heroscapers.com inspired by the NM24 thread.

2009 March - first attempt at a custom offering a very embarrassing "Nessie" card for Garada's Hellboy custom line.

2009 April - first attempt at a superhero custom with The Joker (again Garada art), but more importantly the first Matt Helm noir post was written (later to be called "The Amateurs").

2009 October - first official HelmAverse card with A3n providing the art on Lex Luthor... and a partnership was born.

2010 March - first custom terrain was offered with the Hummer vehicles from McD's. Also wrote my one and only blog laying out some early philosophies on customizing. I really need to write a new one of those.

2010 May - first attempt at a Star Wars custom with Darth Vader. Despite A3n's awesome custom template, I never really went down this path. Kind of like official 'scape I guess.

2010 July - A3n's Nightwing card becomes the first "official HelmAverse" card designed by someone other than the egomaniacal Matt.

2010 Nov - A3n designs the Havoc custom card template and a new branch of the HelmAverse is born in a different thread (thanks @1moreheroscaper ).

2019 October - Lil'Helm designs his first card in the HelmAverse (A3n does the art as usual) with Moon Knight.

2019 November - Helm Jr. designs his first card in the HElmAverse (art by A3n) with Vibe. Late in the month the Helm family plays in what became the 1st annual HelmsGiving tournament.

2019 December - The HelmAverse celebrates the 100th Supers card with Fin Fang From, the first double-spaced superhero figure.

2022 January - The first annual "Betty White Tournament".

2023 November - Lil'Helm produces the art for the first time with Captain Cold.

2024 January - The HelmaVerse celebrates Matt's 15 year anniversary with the 150th card...

#the150thcardiscoming

Last edited by Matt Helm; January 30th, 2024 at 10:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations