Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old May 29th, 2017, 01:48 PM

Dragyn3ye Woo who?
Talking Dragyn3ye's Battle Reports

Hey 'Scapers, first off I want to say thanks for creating and such an awesome site and populating it with an abundance of amazing content. Our gaming group loves it!

We are using a mix of official units and the custom comic characters created on this site, which are great, and some of our favourites. We quite often play 2v2 and 3v3 team battles, and usually there are 1 or 2 players who have not played much, if at all, so don't expect top level tournament competition

Most of my collection was bought at Thrift stores for $10~ per set, or from Craigslist $40-50~ per set, so it's a pretty random collection, but we have a lot to choose from, including a lot of top tier units, although most players just play what they like. I have 4+ master sets, 2 Swarm of the Marro, the Thaelenk Tundra ice/snow set, the Marvel set, Raknar's Vision, 1 castle, and a bunch of random figures. I also have the first 2 sets of Arena of the Planeswalkers (we're all competitive Magic players) and are looking to start bringing them into our games.

For rules, we use the Partial Cover Rules posted here, and are looking at implementing the Optional Flying Rules as well. We also use our own initiative system that we use for drafting order as well:

Each player rolls the D20, and whichever team has the highest roll, goes first, starting with that player. Turns then alternate between teams in descending order from highest roll to lowest roll on each team respectively. This way no team gets to go twice in a row, and we have found it to be really balanced.

In our first few battles we're playing on some random battlefields we built on the spot with what we have. However, it wasn't long before I got VirtualScape, cataloged my collection, and started using that. When I get to those battle reports I will include the .PDF map and .HSC VirtualScape file.

As a side note, I am also a game designer, and I have been particularly interested in Heroscape for a long time, since I am also designing a tactical RPG battle system that encompasses units from all time: sci-fi, fantasy, modern, historic, super hero, etc. It's a massive project, so I'm currently working on smaller projects to get some resources going.

Anyways, on to some battles. I have a backlog of battle reports that are 75-95% complete, so expect more soon. Some of them are quite long and detailed with lots of pictures, and some of them are short if they weren't as long or interesting. I'm still feeling out how much detail is right, so please let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by Dragyn3ye; May 29th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Dragyn3ye Woo who?
Re: Dragyn3ye's Battle Reports

Dragyn3ye's Battle 02: Dr. Fate vs Batman 3v3

In this 3v3 battle, there is a schism in the Justice League as Team Magic goes up against Team Money!

http://bradfinlayson.com/heroscape-b...-vs-batcastle/

Last edited by Dragyn3ye; June 5th, 2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old June 5th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Dragyn3ye Woo who?
Re: Dragyn3ye's Battle Reports

Dragyn3ye's Battle 03: Hulk vs Thanos 2v2

Two big baddies clash head to head in this 500 point 2v2 battle! Hulk, Captain America, & Spider-Man head up the hero team, while Thanos & Red Skull are working together on the other team. This hero vs villain theme was unintentional with each player just drafting the figures they wanted. It was only afterwards we realized it was good vs evil as far as the comic characters were concerned.

http://bradfinlayson.com/heroscape-b...vs-thanos-2v2/

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports