Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 17th, 2024, 12:16 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AoA Wave 2 Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I wouldn't be surprised for them to work through AoA either. After looking at the remaining AoA units, they could easily split up the "factions" across two waves and then move on to new stuff. I feel like there is a small chance that they want to round out the synergies from the master set/battle box first but I'll put those ideas into my wave 4 and 5 predictions. By the time wave 5 is released, they could have all of AoA used up plus several solid army options on the field, and filled in some of the old holes.

All of my predictions are based on Renegade wanting to use what they bought from AH while also playing it safe until they have made their money back from the acquisition. If I were them, I would be making stuff that is low cost, looks cool, entices new players, and is just special/nostalgic enough to keep old players.
(I've omitted your predictions to avoid cluttering the thread, but I like most of them.)

I think much of what you've said is very believable, especially the idea of Renegade making safe decisions with AoA and nostalgic content. They're relaunching a long-dead game, so it would be in their best interest to push out material that caters directly to their prospective audience's desires. This is definitely also the purpose of the Heroscape launch survey, as a probe of their most dedicated fans' interests is a smart business decision for a creative endeavor like this.

I don't think we'll be seeing another Aquilla Dragon soon, though, nor more Wyrmlings. We already have Xenithrax in the AoA Master Set, and the Wyrmlings are technically a licensed property from the D&D era despite playing like homages to the classic Dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I actually meant to say Valkrill not Volrak. I think they will axe Volrak from AoA and split up certain units across Valkrill and Revna. Vydar also needs kyrie still.
I would be very surprised if they axe Volarak; her crest is visible in the "opening gate" mini-movie on the new Heroscape webpage. I actually think Valkrill would be the more likely omission, as he might be tied too closely to WotC as another product of the D&D 'Scape era to be reused.

------------------------
I'd also like to revise my previous predictions, as I now believe we'll be seeing several Common Squads by Summer 2025. If Renegade is going to host mixed (new + classic) formats at their vaunted GenCon tournament, I doubt they'd lock some of the game's strongest and most fundamental army archetypes, specifically those involving massed (bonding) commons, behind units that have been out of production for over a decade. Doing so would place newer players at a significant disadvantage compared to long-term collectors.
Oh yea, great info! That changes things a bit. Hmmmmm
Old March 17th, 2024, 01:03 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AoA Wave 2 Predictions

Revised Predictions

Wave 2: Promo figure updated, otherwise still AoA stuff
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 3: Promo figure updated, otherwise still AoA stuff
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 4: Updated both unit boxes. I expect this first post-AoA wave to be all commons now.
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 5: Updated both unit boxes. This wave will round out holes in the armies, expands on beasts, and draws on nostalgia for classic players.
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion