Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:57 PM

iamadoorknob is surprisingly tart
Custom Football-Themed Units

With playoffs coming up, I thought it would be fun to come up with some football-themed units. I found a bunch of Battleball figures for cheap that worked perfectly. They look futuristic (like, maybe this is some evolved form of what football could look like someday) and already came with what looks like a Chargers motif.

You have your Quarterback:

And you have your wide receivers that bond with the QB (I made two squads of these)
Old December 15th, 2014, 05:17 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Football-Themed Units

First of all, "Enemy Figures" isn't a game term. Try replacing it with "An opponent's figure."

Trent: The wording on Pocket Rocket should be changed to (I Think):
Range: Special Attack:3

When Trent Maxwell attacks with the Pocket Rocket Special Attack, he may only attack a figure adjacent to a friendly figure. Trent Maxwell may target and attack non-adjacent figures with his Pocket Rocket Special Attack while engaged. Trent cannot use his Pocket Rocket Special Attack if he moved this turn.

Trick Play: You can remove all of it except "After moving, but before attacking,Trent Maxwell may use Trick Play. To use Trick Play, select a Athlete figure you control within 7 clear sight spaces of Trent. Switch the chosen figure and Trent Maxwell. Figures moved by Trick Play never take any leaving engagement attacks."

You may want to increase his defense to 4. Or include "Athlete Leadership: All Athletes you control may move one additional space."

GFL WIDEOUTS: Bonding: Worded fine, but you may want to change it to: "After revealing a order marker on the GFL WIDEOUT'S army card, you may first take a turn with any Team Leader you control."

Holding Penalty: Reword to: "If the GFL WIDEOUTS start their turn unengaged, for the duration of the turn, they may not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Hail Mary: Reword to: "The GFL WIDEOUTS may add 3 to their movement value this turn. If the GFL WIDEOUTS use Hail Mary, they may not attack this turn."

Anyway, cool customs and ideas!

You may want to increase their points to 80, and their attack to 3.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post

First of all, "Enemy Figures" isn't a game term. Try replacing it with "An opponent's figure."

Trent: The wording on Pocket Rocket should be changed to (I Think):
Range: Special Attack:3

When Trent Maxwell attacks with the Pocket Rocket Special Attack, he may only attack a figure adjacent to a friendly figure. Trent Maxwell may target and attack non-adjacent figures with his Pocket Rocket Special Attack while engaged. Trent cannot use his Pocket Rocket Special Attack if he moved this turn.

Trick Play: You can remove all of it except "After moving, but before attacking,Trent Maxwell may use Trick Play. To use Trick Play, select a Athlete figure you control within 7 clear sight spaces of Trent. Switch the chosen figure and Trent Maxwell. Figures moved by Trick Play never take any leaving engagement attacks."

You may want to increase his defense to 4. Or include "Athlete Leadership: All Athletes you control may move one additional space."

GFL WIDEOUTS: Bonding: Worded fine, but you may want to change it to: "After revealing a order marker on the GFL WIDEOUT'S army card, you may first take a turn with any Team Leader you control."

Holding Penalty: Reword to: "If the GFL WIDEOUTS start their turn unengaged, for the duration of the turn, they may not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Hail Mary: Reword to: "The GFL WIDEOUTS may add 3 to their movement value this turn. If the GFL WIDEOUTS use Hail Mary, they may not attack this turn."

Anyway, cool customs and ideas!

You may want to increase their points to 80, and their attack to 3.
All excellent feedback, thank you!!
Old December 17th, 2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:

For the record though, "enemy figures" is a term used on at least one army card (Isamu) so I guess that makes it a game term. Still, I like your wording on most of this!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9616
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:33 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadoorknob View Post
Quote:

For the record though, "enemy figures" is a term used on at least one army card (Isamu) so I guess that makes it a game term. Still, I like your wording on most of this!
I just realized that awhile after I posted. The term is also on the Yari too.

How about one for the Linebot?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 17th, 2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

After considering it, I ended up scrapping the Linebot and making it into a proxy for an existing figure. I might do something else with it if I can come up with a good synergy.
Old December 17th, 2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

After considering it, I ended up scrapping the Linebot and making it into a proxy for an existing figure. I might do something else with it if I can come up with a good synergy.
Why not make it another team leader? More bonding options are fun! Maybe it could shove people, or throw killer footballs! The old one was good, but 2 move was painfully slow, (Even with bonding!) and the "Hold The Line" power would just make him a sitting duck. Possibly a new "Hold The Line" Power increases defense of athletes nearby?

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards