Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 15th, 2014, 08:14 PM

iamadoorknob is surprisingly tart
Exclamation 2-Figure Squads

The Zettian Guards squad is only two figures, but are there any other squads out there with just two figures? Also, what about custom two-figure squads people have made? I would like to see some...I'm thinking of ideas on what to do with my two extra Grimnak figures.

Thanks.
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 2-Figure Squads

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadoorknob View Post
The Zettian Guards squad is only two figures, but are there any other squads out there with just two figures? Also, what about custom two-figure squads people have made? I would like to see some...I'm thinking of ideas on what to do with my two extra Grimnak figures.

Thanks.
There weren't very many 2 man squads at all, and until Wave 13, the Zetts were the only ones. Wave 13 brought Death Knights of Valkrill and Mezzodemon Warmongers as the next two tag team squads (both being common). The VC have brought us the Beakface Sneaks and Gorrillatroopers. I came up with a 2 man squad "Throwers of the Tarn" and "Reizei Samurai" for my customs, and there are probably many many more out there.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 15th, 2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Reizei
Old December 15th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm pretty sure there are 4 official 2-man squads. I just can't think of the 4th atm, I'll post if I remember.
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:10 PM

iamadoorknob is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
I'm pretty sure there are 4 official 2-man squads. I just can't think of the 4th atm, I'll post if I remember.

You didn't even post a single one. And read above; he already spilled the beans
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:13 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

There aren't that many because nobody would play them. You only get (2) attacks per turn! With another squad, like the 4th Mass or KoW, you get (4) attacks, maybe (5), or even (6) per turn! That's way more value than a 2-man squad!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

The Wyrmlings are practically a two man squad and they get played.

It is all about design. Good design is playable no matter what, you just have to be cleaver about it.

Both the Beakface, Gorrillatroopers, and Eilan Sith are all playable. I have seen some fairly good designs, Thorsby woodsman and the Knights of Aundair were both SoV contenders.

I myself have a couple two man squads in my own custom collection and feel they are very playable.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 16th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadoorknob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post

You didn't even post a single one. And read above; he already spilled the beans
You're right, I didn't post a single one. As you said, "he already spilled the beans", so I thought it was fairly obvious that I meant on top of the three already mentioned. I didn't think I needed to spell it out. But I checked and Flameslayer is right, I misremembered.
Old December 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are links to all of them:

COMMON SQUADS
Deathknights of Valkrill
Mezzodemon Warmongers
Beakface Sneaks*
Eilan Sidhe*
Gorillitroopers*

UNIQUE SQUAD
Zettian Guards

COMMON HERO PSEUDO-SQUADS
Black Wyrmling
Black Wyrmling
Red Wyrmling
White Wyrmling
Bloodburst Thrall*
Deathstrike Thrall*
Hoplitron*
Preyblood Thrall*

UNCOMMON HERO PSEUDO-SQUAD
Crypt Guardian*
Zombie Hulk*

*VC

I don't think I missed anyone. I included common hero and even uncommon hero "pseudo-squads" here, where they get the nod because they act with two figures in a means similar to two figure squads. The thralls were listed because, on average, you activate two of them per turn.

Some of these squads are better than others, but all of them need to take certain steps in order to function. Having fewer activation immediately brings up concerns of board presence, how losses in figures translate to board loss, and number of attacks. Some are able to function by mitigating these downsides through being resilient, having multiple attacks, bonding with other units, or being able to mobilize more than a squad's worth of figures. The nature of what you are designing must be kept in mind throughout the process. I've seen a few two-figure designs that really need another figure in order to function as intended.

Last edited by Ixe; December 16th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old December 16th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I think the niche for Two man squads is Cheerleader and Hit and run.

As cheer leaders the squad can cover more area than a single figure.

Hit and run also works well, since you are abandoning board control for a fast and hard attack.

Two man turtling units is not to bad, but turtling is the opposit of heroscape!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 16th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

@Ixe , you forgot the * by the Eilan Sidhe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards