Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 4th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The books of HeroScape in pdf format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Now, is anyone still downloading these?
Kinda - I was waiting for you to finish everything and am planning on grabbing it all in one swell foop!

~Aldin, wondering if it was supposed to be "fell swoop"
OK, good to hear that. I was suspecting that that was what was going on with quite a few people. I cannot stress enough though that if everybody waits for the one swell swoop or foop these do not get read by enough people to catch all the mistakes (and I have found enough myself to know that they are still in there.) I will end up correcting these after many of you have already printed them. That is kind of why I have the current beta version number on these, so you know when these should be stable enough to start printing.

So if you are interested in this effort here is your assignment: pick one section (they are about ten pages per section) and read it through all the way. Then come back here, or PM me, either way is fine, and report everything you have found that requires changing: spelling, wrong rulings, wrong stats, wrong text in the footer, anything. So you don't have to do them all, just do one. If you find something I end up corrrecting I'll mention you in the credits. That's right: eternal fame. Pretty good, eh?!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

FYI, the link to the Books in PDF in your signature isn't working.

-insert signature here-
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
FYI, the link to the Books in PDF in your signature isn't working.
fixed now! I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know, and feel free to add a link to your own signature!

Old March 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
That is kind of why I have the current beta version number on these, so you know when these should be stable enough to start printing.
I was just waiting for you to get version numbers on them. (I was under the false impression that the betas weren't going to have numbers.) So I'll be getting started on printing these one's out as soon as my boss isn't around . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
That is kind of why I have the current beta version number on these, so you know when these should be stable enough to start printing.
I was just waiting for you to get version numbers on them. (I was under the false impression that the betas weren't going to have numbers.) So I'll be getting started on printing these one's out as soon as my boss isn't around . . . .
No, you are not under any false impression. These are in beta. The beta version number is: "beta version", the next version number will be "Version 1.00", the one after that "Version 1.01", and so forth.

I will update every unit to Version 1.00 when I have them all done and things have stabilized. Right now, I am still making so many changes that I don't want to keep track of releases yet, so there might be several slightly different sheets numbered "Beta Version", but once I number everything to 1.00, whenever I change anything on a unit, I will update it's version number to 1.01. Then, at some point, I will release update 1.01, which will only contain the units that were updated. From there on out, whenever I make a change to a unit, I will mark that unit with 1.02, and the cycle will repeat itself. So notice that it will be entirely possible that a unit will have a 1.00 page, and a 1.03 page, but no 1.01 or 1.02 page. That just means it was not updated during those cycles.

From time to time I will also update the entire upload with the latest version, so new people won't have to download the 1.00 version, and then 10 updates, to have the current versions. For that purpose, I will always mark the currently available full download with a version number. Not every page in that download will have that version number, but no page will have a version number beyond that. So if you were new, and the version of the full download is 1.03, and the latest update is 1.05, you'd download all the parts, then update 1.04 and 1.05, replace the appropriate pages, and you'd be all set.

When wave 9 comes out, I will most likely make those pages "Beta version" for a little bit. Then, after I have received all feedback and correctuions and implemented them, I will give those pages the number of whatever the next version number is, and I will post them up with the update (I actually suspect I will make a new wave an update all by itself, and I might even increase the main version number at those occasions, I haven't quite decided yet)

So, my appologies for being so wordy, but I figured someone might benefit from understanding exactly how the versioning is going to work.

Most of the changes really are minor, a typo, a wrong unit name in the synergies text, that sort of thing. So reprint pages at your own discretion. For instance, I would reprint the latest versions of the units I will bring to a tournament for that tournament, but I would not reprint the entire book. When at a tournament, just use whatever the highest version number is you have available for a certain unit. If you get into a situation that is not handdled by the rules, and not mentioned on the sheet, please let me know!

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I will update every unit to Version 1.00 when I have them all done and things have stabilized. Right now, I am still making so many changes that I don't want to keep track of releases yet, so there might be several slightly different sheets numbered "Beta Version", but once I number everything to 1.00, whenever I change anything on a unit, I will update it's version number to 1.01. Then, at some point, I will release update 1.01, which will only contain the units that were updated. From there on out, whenever I make a change to a unit, I will mark that unit with 1.02, and the cycle will repeat itself. So notice that it will be entirely possible that a unit will have a 1.00 page, and a 1.03 page, but no 1.01 or 1.02 page. That just means it was not updated during those cycles.
You're a mind reader RobertDD, I was just about to ask you that.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Quote:
Glad I could help, and thanks for being excited about this. It's quite a bit of work (and that's a bit of an understatement, lol) and having people like you being honestly interested and enthousiastic about it is where I get the energy from to keep going. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of fun to, and I finally get to read all those bio's I never read. BTW, anyone care to comment on the two bio abbreviations I had to commit in the just posted parts 11a and b? I am open to any suggestions on how to do that differently. Then again, if it is between space for rulings and space for bio's, the space (has to) go to rulings every single time.

Old March 4th, 2009, 01:49 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Glad I could help, and thanks for being excited about this. It's quite a bit of work (and that's a bit of an understatement, lol) and having people like you being honestly interested and enthousiastic about it is where I get the energy from to keep going. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of fun to, and I finally get to read all those bio's I never read. BTW, anyone care to comment on the two bio abbreviations I had to commit in the just posted parts 11a and b? I am open to any suggestions on how to do that differently. Then again, if it is between space for rulings and space for bio's, the space (has to) go to rulings every single time.
Of course what you are doing is a great help and you should be proud. This will even help me in making customs which I just got into. Instead of scrambling around trying to find bios I will have them all right where I need them to get a feel for a character I need to create. Very helpfull RobertDD!
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:11 PM

marro_shaman has disabled reputation

This is awesome! Printing them all out (thanks to the University of Pitt ) and bindering them. Great for new players looking to understand units.

marro_shaman is the storyteller in Utgar's Training Ground

Old March 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM

andyhartog Woo who?

What if you made a Seperate file for the longer bios then we could print them on the back.

Scapers of the world unite!!! And Have fun!!!

"The challenge in life is to be challenged"
andyhartog
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:17 AM

yves van herp is surprisingly tart

Congratulations for the amazing work you must have put into this, Robert! It's a real "Heroclopedia".
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:48 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
BTW, anyone care to comment on the two bio abbreviations I had to commit in the just posted parts 11a and b? I am open to any suggestions on how to do that differently. Then again, if it is between space for rulings and space for bio's, the space (has to) go to rulings every single time.
If it is supposed to be 1 page per character, there is probably not much you can do differently. Maybe smaller font for the bio?

Otherwise you could move the bio to become the last entry on the page and let it run for as long as it needs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units