Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 01:54 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Laglor

The Book of Laglor
Crest of the Valkyrie - Vydar's Flagbearer

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Primal instincts awaken. The beast within cannot be contained. Laglor's broad chest rises and falls; a faint whistle escapes from his wide nostrils as the great ape pulls in a mouthful of air and releases it in a snort. His eyes narrow, a wicked grin spreading wide across his shaggy face.

Laglor's mind summons the stories of his youth, stories told by the primadon elders, of a time on Marr before the Marro infestation threatened to snuff out all other life on the planet. A time when the primadon's growing technology was used for the advancement of peace, rather than just the preservation of it.

Laglor can contain it no longer. With a guttural howl he leaps high into the air, letting loose the beast within him. His thick arms flail, grasping at hanging vines. Snatching one out of the sky, he swings low over the swampy terrain and uses his right foot to grab hold of the skull of a Marro Stinger. Releasing the vine, Laglor soars through the air, catching hold of a branch which he nimbly pulls himself up onto. With a quick twist and snap, he disposes of the Marro Stinger and tightens his grip around the trigger handles of his autoloader, using it to fire down upon the swarming Marro that enclose Vydar's agents below.

Looking up, the agents see Laglor bearing the mark of Vydar high above. Using the distraction he's created, they regroup and take aim upon their enemy with an heightened precision and range.
(Hasbro)

Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits OfferedC3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Laglor- The second best flagbearer, Laglor can set up a ranged pod that can challenge any ranged figures. A

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 9 (22/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 20th, 2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:03 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Ya I used Laglar all wrong and was just deminating when I used him. It makes a lot more sense that he can use his move only once more. But it does say to attack with the same kind of attack again so that kind threw me off and thought differentlly, but that'd be way to cheap.
Laglor can keep attacking with his Autoload SA as long as you roll a Vydar symbol. You only get to roll 3 dice, though. Range 7. Attack 3.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:34 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Using Laglor with DW9K to boost an array of Blastatrons makes for a pretty sick field of threat. 11 spaces is nothing to sneeze at, even if they are only rolling one attack until you boost them. Throw in some Gladiatrons to charge out and engage the enemy while you get yourself settled as high as possible....then relax and see who can survive your death field.....if anyone gets through to you they will likely be considerably weakened by the constant Blasatron barrage. In a high point value game you could always add Taelord too, giving you an extra attack die. This army works pretty well as a castle defense setup. Throw in some rats and you've got additional obstacles to slow down invaders, giving you time to perfect the setup and get in a few extra shots before they manage to kill the gladiatrons or outflank you. Watch out for fliers though....they can bypass the cyberclaw ground troops pretty easily and pose a real threat if they take out any of your support units. Try to position your glads and blasts so that they have no place to land without being pinned down.
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:27 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Laglor totally ripped me up at the Dallas Team Tourney - definitely a force to be reckoned with. Especially if you stick him out there first so people have to engage that massive meat shield instead of your much more fragile Krav or Nakitas. Ouch!
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:12 AM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I hate playing against Laglor. You get out-ranged so easily. It sucks to have to run into a killing field just to get one attack in.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
He helps armies so much, plus he can do a lot himself. He could be considered the best flag bearer because he can actually kill things as well as help your army. I love using him
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I actually admit I'm somewhat hesitant to buy Laglor... At this point I have Gilbert, Ornak, and Acolarh, but I'm not sure I want to add Laglor into the available mix.... He just seems too... well... GOOD!! (I know, I know... what the heck am I talking about?)

The other flag bearers help their themes and add some interesting tactical options, but do require a bit of careful skill to utilize to their full extent.... but Laglor just seems like a no-brainer range-enhancement to an already ranged saturated General. I mean come on... no one here is going to argue that Vydar is lacking in ranged units!

Add him to KMA, Nakitas, Q9, etc... and suddenly Vydar has an unbelievable range advantage beyond the norm. Doesn't seem very challenging to play with him, and it seems almost (almost, mind you) broken to have to play against him. Is he really that much fun to use, and also to play against?

I'm all about the fun factor, but I'm not sure how much fun it'd be to play against an all ranged Vydar army led by Laglor... or even to play WITH Laglor, given the ridiculous range advantage... Is he too powerful? Or does the order-marker balance keep this range-bonus in check?

I love the sculpt, but I'm not sure I'd love the range enhancement bonus to the General who already OWNS the concept of ranged units in this game.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

For those who have Laglor, and have also played a number of games AGAINST Laglor, is he a good and fun Flagbearer to have?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old September 15th, 2007, 12:46 AM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
For those who have Laglor, and have also played a number of games AGAINST Laglor, is he a good and fun Flagbearer to have?
Absolutly. I usually stay away from the range based armies but he's a great pick if you're basing one around a vydar theme. Probably the units that benefit most from his aura are the grollinators and blastitrons as they're the only common squads that can take advantage of it. Also, for the autoload, even though that seems powerful, like Hawthorne or DW8k's abilities it doesn't work as often as you might think...
Old September 15th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Also, for the autoload, even though that seems powerful, like Hawthorne or DW8k's abilities it doesn't work as often as you might think...
Actually, I'd have to say out of 10+ games I've played with him, I seem to get Autoload to be used at least twice apx. 80% of the time. Not too shabby.

Edit: That means, rolling a symbol with autoload at least once, so that Laglor attacks twice, seems to happen at least 80% of the time. Confusing.

Laglor is tied for first place flagbearer with Sir Gilbert, IMO. Though with all the elves coming, I'm curious to see if Acolarh will ever be worthwhile. Probably not...
Old September 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer
Quote:
Also, for the autoload, even though that seems powerful, like Hawthorne or DW8k's abilities it doesn't work as often as you might think...
Actually, I'd have to say out of 10+ games I've played with him, I seem to get Autoload to be used at least twice apx. 80% of the time. Not too shabby.

Edit: That means, rolling a symbol with autoload at least once, so that Laglor attacks twice, seems to happen at least 80% of the time. Confusing.

Laglor is tied for first place flagbearer with Sir Gilbert, IMO. Though with all the elves coming, I'm curious to see if Acolarh will ever be worthwhile. Probably not...
I got to play against Laglor a couple of weeks ago. I lost three Aubriens in one turn because of Laglor's Autoload special attack. If you work out the probability, you will find that there is ~42% chance of being able to attack again every time with Autoload. Not too shabby. The Range Enhancement Aura actually did not help my opponent any since I was using Aubriens and Syvarris and he couldn't out-range me.
Old November 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM

outlaw_fan_7_8 has disabled reputation
i used to be a big taelord fan but after leaving him behind several times i gave up. then i started using laglor. and i haven't left him since. him and agents are just what i need to weaken the enemy before they get anywhere close to me. i love this guy.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
I love this guy.
I love his looks, his potential, his abilities.

BUT, he doesn't like me back. I end up typically rolling a few times before getting one and there goes my turn. I keep autoloading blanks.

Darn insubordinate monkey!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units